Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 23 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 12-29-2007, 11:23 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

So, it has been 9 days. I have finally had a bm 2 days ago. It wasn't that bad. I am still very tired. I went all night without taking anything and woke up in some pain, but I'm ok now. I find that when I feel ok, I try and do somethings...like shower, then I am so tired afterwards. I guess that's normal. My doc gave me a couple percocets that I can take before taking a shower. I have some trouble in there. I have a great shaving lotion that I can shave in bed without needing too much water, fuzzi wuzzi made my party gals. No razor bumps either. I have had an itchy belly, nothing sems to help that, and I have become addicted to Crossing Jordan it's on A&E. other than that, I can't have too many pillows around me. I haven't ventured out of the house yet. When I take a shower or if I am up and around too much I get a bit nauseous.... I would like to go get a pedicure soon....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2007, 11:28 AM
hey fit and ready

Hi The colace which has salt in it made my intestines absorb fluids and produce a very high volume causing cramping as for the pain thru the end yeah if it is hard it will hurt due to the rectocele repair I had and the stitches still there. But the cramping caused so much pain I would get sweaty and dizzy so NO MORE COLACE FOR ME> again Grape nuts definitely helps...My DH won't take me shopping even if I sat in those electric chairs( I have always wanted to drive one of those must be the kid in me) I have been watching all those food shows and want to make all these super delicious looking recipes that I never had time for because I worked everyday and took call at the hospital but I want to pick out the ingredients...,so here I am online biding my time....so good for you if you can get to the store just don't over due it. Sometimes when I walk too much or go up and down the steps too much in one day I pay for it the next day with cramps..so tke care DD
Unread 12-29-2007, 11:35 AM

only me..I am on Levaquin and Flagyl for suspected UTI and definite vaginal infection. I have 10 days worth. Started them Wednesday but missed an entire day yesterday. I can not stand the Flagyl as it makes my whole mouth have a metal taste. Nothing tastes good.

After my previous post I went to the local ftd florist and ordered a plant for my parents. A smuch as she drives me nuts, they helped out a lot while they were here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2007, 11:37 AM

I did not have rectal repair, but i dr. did say my bladder was raw on one side and was stitched somewhere. so maybe the bm hits it on the way throught. i will try just one pilll tonight- then one every other day and see how it goes. i get the sweaty, pain,dizzyness also.
well time for afternoon quiet time. talk to ya all later.
Unread 12-29-2007, 12:00 PM

Good for you I was on Levaquin because I went home from hospital with a foley catheter still in to prevent infection...also just got some estrogen cream that i am supposed to use for the next 3 weeks......Plants are great ways to say love without being there ....take care DD
Unread 12-29-2007, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HysterNurseDeb
Good afternoon ladies- I slept in late today so I didn't get to the computer before now. Had some trouble sleeping last night...I kept waking up to pee. Maybe I need to lay off the the diet soda during the day.
I'm careful with soda for the time being, because it adds to any gas pains I'm having.

Think I'll nap in the car...
Unread 12-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Dec 17 hyst ladies-How ya'll doing?

I had a TAH, and had my ovaries removed on 12/17. It's been almost 2 weeks, and I'm doing OK. No complications to speak of.

Bowels are working great, no urinary issues, no problems with my estrogen patch, no vaginal bleeding or discharge. I'm sleeping pretty good, and other than a slight pain towards one end of my incision, I'm doing well. I do wear my compression wrap all the time however. I feel more comfortable with it on, than with it off, for now. My weight is down about a pound from where I was pre-op (I need to lay off the junk food) I can do the stairs with no issues and I'm walking on my treadmill (slowly) every day, several times a day. I'm back to doing some really light stuff, like folding laundry that DH brings me from the laundry room, light dusting, using my Swiffer on the tile floors, etc., but really nothing else. I kinda bored actually. It's hard for me to believe that I've got to wait any 3-4 weeks before I can go back to work, but if that's what my doctor says, I'm listening to her, because I want no complications.

So I was wondering how the rest of you 12/17 ladies are doing?
Unread 12-29-2007, 01:17 PM
I've just joined - anyone still woosy?

I've been up and going great since my full abdominal hyst on 12-20. Did 3 days in hospital, came home, did the whole Santa thing till 2 am, wrapped presents, cooked breakfast for extended family, then dinner too. Had everyone here all day. Only time I've taken pain meds was a couple of nights, just b/c I couldn't get to sleep. Not much abdominal pain to speak of at all. Been walking since night of surgery. My problem is I'm so "woosy" in the head. Not taking any meds, but feel as though I"m high. Having trouble reading and focusing. Can't nap during the day, body just won't let me go to sleep. I'm ancy and I want these cobwebs out of my head! I know I'm lucky to be so agile and pain free, I guess it's from 2 prior c-sections, so I just don't have much nerve endings or feelings there. Anyone else have these "head" problems? How long does it last. I'm trying to clean my house today b/c I can't stand it one more minute like this. These "woozies" are getting in the way. Thanks,
Unread 12-29-2007, 01:45 PM
my surgery

I havent had alot of time to post much but I had my abdoiminal sugery on the 21st. the dr took 5" of skin out so I got a modified tummy tuck. At first I was going great but Thursday I was hurting extreemly bad and also had a dr appt that day. Dr said everything looked great but when I got home I was bleeding vaginally, Dr said it was from the bartolin cyst he sewed open. Last night I got a fever to 102 degrees and today Im still feeling woozy and my lower tummy is hard and hurts around the incision. Im also getting alot of white tissue type stuff from the tummy drainage tube. Anyone know what that may be?
Unread 12-29-2007, 02:10 PM

I just joined the list today and wanted to check in - otherwise I would feel like an interloper spying on friends. Its been 12 days since surgery and the truth is, I felt much better last week than I do this week. Last week I barely touched the pain meds the dr. gave me and this week I made up for it. I think I may have overdone it a bit last week while I was feeling so good and now I am paying the price. This morning I am feeling about useless because I hate not being able to do things around the house for myself (stubborn and pigheaded, hating to ask for help) and as a result I have been a little weepy all day. I just wanted to say I am glad you are all here and that I appreciate the fact that I am not alone in this.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register