Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 31 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 12-31-2007, 02:39 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Hi Ladies,

I just had my first post-op appointment. I had a LSH (kept ovaries and cervix) 12/17. Everything is going smoothly. No worries. I don't go back until my annual in May. Interesting. I was glad to hear that I'm to still take it easy and can't go back to work until the 1/29 (yeah!!!!) My only disappointment is no driving still for awhile and no sex for 1 month. My doc showed me pictures. My uterus was huge. The fibroid was outside on top of the uterus at first but then went inside. No wonder I looked about 5 months pregnant. I'm pleased to say, right now, my belly is flat--not pretty like I was in my 20's, but flat. No more beer belly. Yeah! I'm not taking anymore painkillers for now but their around just in case. Everything seems to be looking good. It's all good!!! I feel totally blessed. Take care ladies. I'll keep you inform. In the meanwhile, have a Happy New Year and stay hormoneally balanced.

Nadine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2007, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmechanic58
that sounds like me too. I am going back on the 7th. I worried about havign energy to make it through the day. I teach the other end of the spectrum.........pre-kindergarten. It is a completely hands-on program and I have 2 student workers and an aide. I know I can handle the interaction part. My biggest fear is the drive home I commute 51 miles each way.
It sounds like your teaching is much more physically demanding! I just have to lecture, so it's easier on my body. Mentally, though, it's always a challenge, and I fear my patience will not be as it should with my college freshman.

I too commute--about 37 miles on country highway. I haven't driven yet. I'm not cleared until after my post-op Thursday (although I'll be driving TO work and the appointment that day). I'm worried about that, too, because sitting upright is still uncomfortable for very long.

We'll make it. Time and rest!

Happy New Year, all!
MJ
Unread 12-31-2007, 04:36 PM

Hello everyone,

It sounds like we are all doing pretty well today. I think this is my best day since Christmas even though I didn't sleep last night. I think I finally went out around 7:30 and slept till about noon. HouseMDFan, thanks for the tip about and hormones. I came home from the castle with a script for Estrace and have been taking it since the first day post-op, but maybe it needs to be adjusted. I feel better knowing it's not just a bad habit I'm developing

Here's to a great New Year's Eve and a healthy 2008!

Texoma2 - 48
LAVH w/BSO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2007, 05:23 PM

Oky, you are all recovering pretty well, it seems.... I don't feel a whol lot diff than I did a week ago, when I was almost a week post op! In fact, I am more tired now than I was then. I am now 10 days post op, and just called the doc for more pain killers, so that I can sleep at night.

I had, unexpectedly, my ovaries removed with my hysterectomy - although I was supposedly FULLY in menopause, I am now again having these silly mini-hot flashes. If you have your ovaries removed after menopause, are you supposed to have more menopausal symptoms? I am also ULTRA sensitive about all things emotional - movies, my kids doing nice things (doesn't really happen too often), hearing my little nephews at Christmas, etc. I can get choked up when my dog comes up and puts his chin on my knee! Am I normal? Will this continue or get better?

Thanks - i feel like such a baby, and now I am crying again, which really sucks!
Unread 12-31-2007, 05:57 PM

Ann,

I'm so sorry you feel bad! My surgery was 12.19, and I felt surprisingly good the first week too. My worst days were probably the 9th-10th post op. I haven't had the blues, probably because I started taking Estrace immediately. Then again, my hormones have never made me weepy, they made me MEAN...my family has high hopes for this surgery .

If I hadn't been so ready for a break I would probably be suffering more with the frustration of not being able to do anything. I usually love the Christmas rush and shopping the after Christmas sales etc. but I just decided to enjoy things the way they are...really toned down and laid back.

I'll be thinking about you this evening and hoping you have a really good day tomorrow! s to you!
Unread 12-31-2007, 06:28 PM

Ok. I haven't been on all day and I have missed a lot!

Hope everyone has a safe New Year's Eve!
Unread 12-31-2007, 07:14 PM

Although I am having they physical symptoms I am not moody. I am distracted and can't concentrate on anything. I was hoping to get some more studying done while I was out but good grief.

I am still very dizzy and almost fainted about a half hour ago. I feel like I am pregnant. I fainted a lot when I was expecting my second. This is on my list of questions to ask my doctor.

I am read Janet Evanovich's book series right now. I have been laughing out load at these. If any of you want to read some good books start with One for the Money. You will laugh your stitches loose. I have read 5 of her books in the past week. They are a quick read and funny as heck. Your local library will have these.
Unread 12-31-2007, 07:31 PM

Based on the different nature of the pain I'm having today, and the grogginess I had when I woke up, I'm thinking it's time to switch to regular ibuprofen at night -- forget about the vicodin. Plus I'm having some wine tonight, cuz we're staying at home. It's wonderful.
Unread 12-31-2007, 07:53 PM
first time posting...

Hello e/o I have enjoyed reading your post. They have really helped me. A family member told me to check this out when I told her about my surgery after the fact. When she called to check in a couple of days later, she asked if I had visited the site. Well, I hadn't felt like doing anything till now. The site is a blessing!!!

I am post op 11 days today. Had a LASH on 12/20/07 kept my ovaries and cervix. 4 incisions "a mini baseball diamond" on my tummy. One or two are about an inch the others are 1/2 inch. My belly today seems larger and feels very bloated. Having alot of problems with BM's. Couldn't go at all 1 week after surg. Was on gas x for pain and colace which didn't work switched to dulcolax, ate raisin brain, prunes, lots of water, wheat bread etc to no avail; had to take an enema.

Now, I take Miralax in the morning with all the above, I have a BM but still soooo much pain low in my pelvis. Feels like bowel sits in the extra space and it really hurts. Even the urge to go causes the worse pain I have had.

I stopped taking percocet after the first BM because I didnt want to be constipated. But now I have to take it just to have a BM. It feels like a heavy dull ache in my pelvis similar to cramps with a piercing sharp pain when I need to move my bowels or if my bladder is full. Called the doctors office and they said if it gets worse go to the ER...dont want to do that; gonna watch over the next couple days, may have to go to the office; I have been in tears hunched over with this pain. also Happens when I eat; like any movement in my intestines causes it. Has a/o experienced this?

Sorry to make this long....but just reading the post helped me sooo much. Maybe s/o else is going thru the same thing.

frappo...enjoy one!!
Unread 12-31-2007, 08:10 PM

Every time I eat anything my tummy hurts. I also have to run to the pot shortly after. I have had the runs for several days now.

I recommend those gas pills. Simethycone. I also recommend small meals.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register