Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 34 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-01-2008, 08:51 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit&ready

I cant believe how normal i feel today- I am just hoping i dont have a relapse tomorrow. I finished putting snowmen up and rested this afternoon.
I woke up feeling rugged today, and felt sore/tired after playing boardgame w/family this afternoon. But after that, I took a short walk, showered and relaxed on the sofa. I've felt more "normal" than I have since the surgery. So this may be the sudden turn around everyone talks about. We'll see!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2008, 08:56 PM

Good evening ladies....hope you are all well....boring day today...icky weather, I think I need to see some sun. Well tomorrow all of my peers return to work and I have another week to go until I see the doctor to hear what he says. I am thinking I should stay out until the end of Jan, which is about 5 weeks and then return to work P/T until the February school break. I don't want to be out too long because I have no idea about sick days, disabiitiy, etc and this is a new job, but I don't want to go back and then need to take more time becasue I went back too soon. I think that is even harder to do. I was hoping not to take pain meds during the day, just before bed for sleeping, but I got really cranky and irritable this afternoon and figured maybe I was cranky because something hurt. I took 1/2 a perc and took a good rest and I felt better after.Will see if I can go with just advil tomorrow. I will have my first short maiden car voyage tomorrow after I drop my daughter at school tomorrow.

I still need to pay those bills, I will see if I can manage to focus to do that tomorrow. Well I hope you all have an uneventful evening and catch up with you all tomorrow. - Suzyq
Unread 01-02-2008, 08:38 AM

supportneeded- all seems fine this morning - though its early no real relapse so far.
In fact I did 2700 steps yesterday- love me pedometer. only thing, got on scale and its down again. which normally i would love, just dont want to be loosing muscle.
I do have some aching -not really pain- off and on each side straight up from groin about two inches from insision area - kind of like a pulling. might be a stupid question, but is this where my overies are or could it me cut muscles healing?
susyq thanks for the reminder- I need to look at those bills today and begin getting papers together for taxes. yippee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyqsuzyq
Blue willow - I am the same age as you and had the same surgery but mine was on the 21st ( my board says the 20th, but it was changed). glad you are doing so well, so there is hope....you are 5 days a head of me. When are you planning to return to work? I am a school principal and am a little worried about a return date. I really hate to be out, but I have a 40 minute drive each way and am more concerned about energy level than pain. what movie are you going to see? I had thought about going to a movie today too but right now kids are still sleeping and it is supposed to be lousy weather this afternoon. any way your progress is encouraging to me. Have a gread day all - Suzyq
Suzy,

Thanks for all the questions.... My doctor initially said that she would release me on the 28th of January. I hoping she'll let me go back on the 21st, however. I've still not gotten the go ahead to drive yet either, so it's a waiting game.

I can tell you, from my little venture out yesterday, that I'm not ready to drive. We left our house and drove to Richmond, IN, about 20 miles west of our home and decided to leave early enough to get a late lunch and then go to the movie. The drive over was OK for the most part, but I swear I felt every bump in the road. We had lunch and then headed to the movie theatre. I didn't want to snack on popcorn so that's why I suggested lunch. I'd much rather fill up on a salad and light lunch than popcorn (even though I love it.....but since I'm inactive for the most part, I don't need the extra calories). We went to see "I Am Legend" with Will Smith. I was OK through most of the movie. I had a couple pangs of pain due to my inability to really shift my position too much, due to the seats. After the movie, a trip to the restroom was in order. I purposely wore a pair of elastic waist jeans (they were from clothes I cleaned out of my mothers closet after she passed away). I normally wear an 8 on a skinny day, but generally wear a 10. These pants felt like a 14 or a 16, they were really baggy in the legs, but I was able to wear my compression wrap under them and then put on a pretty holiday sweatshirt, and of course, with the snowy Ohio weather we were having, I had on my warm coat, so nobody noticed that my pants were too baggy. It was a bit strange to have to basically strip down in the stall though just to pee

On the trip back, I realized that there's no way I'm ready to drive or even close to going back to work yet. I'm still walking on my treadmill several times a day, but walking on a treadmill and walking around restaurants & movie theatres are two different things.

I felt sore last night when we got home, but I didn't take anything until I went to bed and I just took a couple Tylenol PM's. This morning, I don't feel bad, still a bit sore on one part of my incision, but other than that, I'm OK.

Take on the day, ladies!
Unread 01-02-2008, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit&ready
I do have some aching -not really pain- off and on each side straight up from groin about two inches from insision area - kind of like a pulling. might be a stupid question, but is this where my overies are or could it me cut muscles healing?
I don't know about you, but my surgeon said that my muscles weren't cut, just spread open. That pain is over, now I'm just feeling the incision pain more.
Unread 01-02-2008, 10:02 AM

i have not had an indepth conversation with dr about what was done as far as when they got in there. I do know he said after surgery the uterus was much larger than they had anticpated and was difficult to get out through insision That said, I am wondering if that maybe where im feeling the pulling sensation. like i said not real pain, just aching.
This may sound really dumb, but after looking at all these diagrams, I guess i dont really understand where overies are located per our bodies themselves. Any easy way to understand their location? lower abdoman, above pelvic area, groin area etc....
Unread 01-02-2008, 10:06 AM

Happy New Year Ladies!

Again you all amaze me. Compared to you ladies, I feel like a total sloth.

I left the house for the first time since the surgery yesterday for a short visit, except for the one time I went to the MD to have staples removed. I still wore my pj bottoms! I really thought I would bounce back faster than this.

I thought I was doing pretty good last week, then some horrible gas bubble pain settled in under my lung and up into my shoulder. Several days of terrible pain. Finally it seemed to go away Sunday afternoon.

My biggest lingering problem is a suture inside that pulls when I move. With slow walking is a sore nagging tug, when I try to get up/down, in/out of things (bed, car, chairs) it's a strong yank on some very tender areas. Just feels like it's going to rip through something in there. It makes it really hard to sit, walk, move at all. MD says it's a stich into some nerve tissue and will eventually go away as the sutures dissolve. I thought by now it would have lightened up.

Presurgically, I promised work that I would go in today to do payroll, since it's such a chore for anyone else to learn. I really don't even want to go, especially since I don't trust myself to drive, I have to get DD with permit to take me. Uggh.....I feel so down! But if I don't go, people might not get paid on time...no pressure right! It'll only take me an hour or so...so I guess I'll live. The hardest part will be not being able to say I feel great and having to talk to everyone.

I did get to sleep in my own bed last night for the first time since surgery. We have a raised bed and I just couldn't get in and out before. So that's something good and I slept all night for the first time too.

I'm really happy for all of you that are doing so well! Your posts give me strength! It gives me hope that this will go away soon. Maybe tomorrow will be the day!

TAH on 12/21/07
Unread 01-02-2008, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHltd
Happy New Year Ladies!

Presurgically, I promised work that I would go in today to do payroll, since it's such a chore for anyone else to learn.

TAH on 12/21/07
I too, have the task of handling payroll for our company. I'm the Office Manager, and it's really hard for me to be out of the day to day activity in the office, but I'm forcing myself. We pay every two weeks, so the day of my surgery was a payroll day. I had no choice but to have our outside CPA's office provide us with an accounting person to come in and do the payroll in my absence, and to handle it until I'm back on my feet. I'm really glad I made that decision, as I'm 45 minutes from the office, we have snow on the ground, and there's no way I could make the drive. My other excuse not to be able to go in is that my car is having some custom paint work done on it while I'm on leave. I've been dying to have a custom paint job done on my 2006 Honda Element, and I decided this would be my only opportunity, since I can't drive it anyway. So when I do go back to work, I'll be driving my "new" E to work too!

Don't over do it, KHltd!
Unread 01-02-2008, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHltd
Happy New Year Ladies!

Again you all amaze me. Compared to you ladies, I feel like a total sloth.

I left the house for the first time since the surgery yesterday for a short visit, except for the one time I went to the MD to have staples removed. I still wore my pj bottoms! I really thought I would bounce back faster than this.
Don't compare yourself to anyone else here; we all recuperate at different rates.

Besides, I feel like I'm backsliding -- I know in my head that my incision looks good, but it hurt to take off the strips yesterday, and they smelled really bad, so I felt like I could pass out for the first time, and was in my chair the rest of the day. The pain has shifted from the muscles realigning to the incision, but even then some parts of me are still numb. I'm cleared to drive, but don't feel like it.
Unread 01-02-2008, 11:12 AM

Hey ladies-
Been a while since I've been on this thread, and thought I'd update you all. I was a TAH/BSO on the 17th of Dec. (Uterus, ovaries, cervix, tubes.)
Stopped all pain meds on 12/31, and put my real jeans on the same day. Oh what a feeling!!!! Still wearing regular jeans today. No more jammies, sweats or scrub bottoms!!!(At least for a whiel.)
Today I get to drive for the first time in 2 weeks. Dh went out and cleaned the 7 inches of snow off the car. He's going to go with me, in case things go for the worse. Tomorrow I get to go to the Dr for 2 week check-up. Staples can out on 12/24-Merry Christmas. The steri-strips have been good. I've been sleepng in my own bed since I came home on the 20th, and was only climbing hte stairs, once up at night, and once down in the morn. Doing more, a little each day. Still napping more than usual. I've not had any leaks, discharge or bleeding. I asked Dr if this was normal, as everyone seems to have had some. He said I may have some at the 4 week mark, when the stures dissolve. In the mean time, I made slippers out of my remaining pads. They're kind of cute. DH thinks I don't have enough projects to keep me busy. I have a Feb 10th date for possibly returning to work. As I lift a lot in the ER and at the Firehouse, it will all depend on my abdominal strength, as to keeping that date. DH has been great! Let's me do just enough to satisfy my stubborn streak, but not enough that I hurt myself.
Over all, I think I'm doing good. Not pushing it too much, but just a bit. I know, I know, rest, rest, rest. But I'm a go-go-go kinda person.
Tomorrow I'll see if Dr raises my lifting limits from 10 pounds. I hope so , as my smallest cat weights 12 pounds.
I hope you all are getting along at your own pace. I have a girlfriend who was dreading my hysterectomy because of the major complications she's having. Hers was 5 years ago. I've told her to join us, and she's yet to sign on. Let's hope she does. She was a bit hesitant talking to me post-op, as my recovery is going better than hers is/was. I told we are all different. You can see that here, on these posts.
WEll....wish me luck ladies. Going to drive. I'll let you know how it was. DH is retired and has been my personal "handmaiden" for the last 2 weeks, and he deserves a break soon.
Talk to you all soon - Kathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register