Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 35 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-02-2008, 11:19 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHltd
Happy New Year Ladies!

Again you all amaze me. Compared to you ladies, I feel like a total sloth.
Even though I didn't do a whole lot, I'm wishing I HAD just stayed in bed more rather than trying to get up and move around. I have to go back tomorrow & I'm dreading it like the plague. So I purposefully stayed in bed till 11 this AM, and am going to go right back to bed after I eat lunch.......trying to store up energy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHltd
My biggest lingering problem is a suture inside that pulls when I move.

I did get to sleep in my own bed last night for the first time since surgery. We have a raised bed and I just couldn't get in and out before. So that's something good and I slept all night for the first time too.
I've been having weird pains in my side, too. Most other pains have completely dissipated. It feels like a tugging, sometimes slight burning, and at times like the "catch" you feel after you've done hard exercise. Dr. said not to be worried. It's all part of the process. If you say so, doc!

I have my 2nd post-op appt. tomorrow. I have to go to teacher inservice 1st thing in the morning, then my appt. is at 11, and dr. will decide then if I'm ready for full time yet or not. Quite honestly, I'm more worried about anxiety over my job than any physical symptoms. I'm overall doing quite well physically. My job has just been unusually stressful this year so I'm not excited about going back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2008, 11:23 AM

Just a little something from a friend, I thought I'd share with you all:

Someone will always be prettier.
Someone will always be smarter.
Some of their houses will be bigger.
Some will drive a better car.
Their children will do better in school.
And their husband will fix more things around the house.
So let it go, and love you and your circumstances.
Think about it!
The prettiest woman in the world can hav e hell in her heart.
And the most highly favored
woman on your job may be unable to have children.
And the richest woman you know,
she's got the car, the house, the clothes~~~~
might be lonely.
And the word says, "If I have not Love, I am nothing."
So, again, love you.
Love who you are.
Look in the mirror in the morning and smile and say,
"I am too Blessed to be Stressed and too Anointed, to be
Disappointed!"
"Winners make things happen~~
Losers let things happen."
Be "Blessed" Ladies~~~~~
and pass this on to encourage another woman.
"To the world you might be one person,
but to the one person you just sent this to,
it could mean so much."

Enjoy ladies - Happy New Year!!!!-Kathy
Unread 01-02-2008, 04:29 PM

lady4 - basically I just got to the part where bob enters the picture, maybe about about a chapter passed that. no prunes yet.

whos gaining or loosing weight during this whole process? i got on scale and am down more 2 pounds (plus lost 4 after surgery) and im being a couch potato. go figure as long as Im not loosing muscle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2008, 04:51 PM

Ok, I am off my percocets ( I was taking on at bed time)and just on advil. I am a bit sore and I can tell when the advil wears off. I took a shower today with no help, I even shaved! WHOHO! I am am emotional mess though. I still have my ovaries, but I have read that they can go into shock and not work right for a bit. I have trouble sleeping, even though I have been on Ambien, I can still be up all night. I took a nap today and felt a bit better, even though it was only for an hour. I have been getting terrible headaches and found that a cup of coffee has alleviated them. They were killer, my head hurt worse than my belly! I am not even a coffee drinker, but read that caffiene could help. I tried and wow. I still had the head aches with percocet, tylenol 3 , and advil(different times of course!) I dusted off the coffee pot, bought some cinnamon flavored coffee and feel like a new person.
Unread 01-02-2008, 04:56 PM

I did my post op Dr's visit today. She's cleared me for anything. I'm only 2 1/2 weeks out, so I'm still not up to 'everything', but I'll start working my way back slowly.
She said not to come back until next Dec for a pap. I generally feel fine. Some pain, but I'm not taking any meds. I've been careful to not push myself, but tomorrow I might take out the not-automatic pick-up. If I'm ok going down the driveway, I can get the new front door I picked out. If that goes ok, I might be on horseback this weekend (slow and easy, but getting back in the groove).
I am down 6 lbs, but I doubt I'll stay there. I haven't been doing much, but I also haven't been eating as heartily through all this.
Unread 01-02-2008, 05:13 PM

Liv-n-Learn: They make a stool softener with laxative. That may be what you need to take to get things moving. I had this same miserable feeling one morning, took my pills and by the evening it worked. I have to admit it was pretty miserable to finally go at first because it was so blocked up, but at the point that the stool softener had affected it was night and day easier. I can't believe I'm posting online about pooping! Never before this surgery did I think I'd be posting about this!
I had an TVH on 12/19, am 28 yo, and still pretty achy and keep on my motrin 800 and then tylenol 3 w codeine when needed. We saw National Treasure on NYE and it was hard to sit through the whole movie as I started to feeling achy.
What's really killing me though is not knowing my Pathology report. I won't find out until my post-op on 1/17. I had my surgery after years of suffering from a very tender and painful uterus as well as spotting and bleeding for months at a time. We also figured we were done having children (been married for almost 10 years, 2 kids) so my Dr suggested the surgery. After the surgery she was happy we were able to go vaginally and that my uterus felt "lumpy" but we'd have to wait for pathology to find out what all ailed me. Without knowing I just hope I still made the right decision. 5 years ago I had had an emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption which almost killed both baby and me, so we're pretty sure I'd have trouble carrying another baby again as well. I was comfortable with my decision presurgery and even relieved day of. Now I think I just have too much time to think on my hands. I never thought I'd enjoy staying home, I love my career, but have thoroughly enjoyed being home the last two weeks. I still have at least 2 more weeks off work, so hopefully I'll be ready to return then.
This site has been a daily comfort to me. Thanks for everyone's posts and openness.
Unread 01-02-2008, 05:45 PM

I had my 2 week follow up today. Both doctors are very happy with my progress. They said my back pain is normal. My GYN gave me an RX for Premarin. He gave me that for the hot flashes and insomnia. He said many women report being scatterbrained and the Premarin can help with that too.

I over did it after by going shopping. I was very upset with the grocery store. All of their electric carts had out of order on them. Turns out they put those on so they can save them for certain customers. I asked 3 different people for one. After I turned around and got ready to leave an older woman came in and they cart attendant took the sign off and gave her one. I called him a very very nasty name and left. He was the one who refused to give me one. I said that is prejudiced and he will be hearing from me.

I was in so much pain when I got home I took some Darvocet and took a 3 hour nap.

Fit and Ready let me know when you get to the prunes. I still giggle just thinking about it.
Unread 01-02-2008, 06:03 PM

Good evening ladies..I finally made it through a day without any perc, just Advil. Tonight I will just take 1/2 of one so I can sleep with my tossing and turning. The left side of my incision, which is the more sensitive side, really stings badly in the morning. I have slept wil bottoms without bottoms and it doesn't seem to matter. I wonder if something is pulling inside when I sleep on my side, even though I don't feel anything, so when I get up in the morning it pulls the other way and that hurts... who knows. Tomorrow I am supposed to get a cut and color, already almost two weeks late so lots of gray is showing at the roots...boy do I need this. I am most worried about stretching back to get my head in the sink for hair washing. It will feel good to have it cut.

Today was relaxing even though no nap...I watched a movie and spoke with my job a couple of times and started to deal with work e-mails....still didn't pay the bills.... what a goof ball.... glad we are all getting better, day by day....have a good night ladies will check up on you all later this evening or in the morning.... - Suzyq
Unread 01-02-2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyqsuzyq
Good evening ladies..I finally made it through a day without any perc, just Advil. Tonight I will just take 1/2 of one so I can sleep with my tossing and turning. The left side of my incision, which is the more sensitive side, really stings badly in the morning. I have slept wil bottoms without bottoms and it doesn't seem to matter. I wonder if something is pulling inside when I sleep on my side, even though I don't feel anything, so when I get up in the morning it pulls the other way and that hurts... who knows. Tomorrow I am supposed to get a cut and color, already almost two weeks late so lots of gray is showing at the roots...boy do I need this. I am most worried about stretching back to get my head in the sink for hair washing. It will feel good to have it cut.

Today was relaxing even though no nap...I watched a movie and spoke with my job a couple of times and started to deal with work e-mails....still didn't pay the bills.... what a goof ball.... glad we are all getting better, day by day....have a good night ladies will check up on you all later this evening or in the morning.... - Suzyq
You will be fine with the hair dresser. Just make sure someone helps you to sit up again. You will feel so good after getting your hair done. Good for you in taking care of the woman in you.
Unread 01-02-2008, 07:11 PM

I got a haircut on Monday, and I used my elbows to get out of the wash chair, just like I did at home. And yes, beauty rituals help us feel normal!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register