Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 36 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Thanks lady4, I never even thought of that. I could see getting stuck in the chair or sliding off onto the floor. I will get an assist. Can't wait for it to be "brown" again instead of gray.... - Suzyq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2008, 06:16 PM

fit & ready,
what part of Michigan are you from?
I also lost weight after my TAH, I was told your body is burning alot of calories as it is healing
Unread 01-02-2008, 06:51 PM
I Am Alive!! LOL

Well folks my surgery for a total Hyster cervix and all was Dec 20th, It began at 8 a.m. and I was in recovery and in my room by 4 1/2 hrs. The wash turned up no cancer cells. But the endo had ate 1/2 way thru the wall of the muscle. No report yet being as I was in Hospital for 11 days. Had epidural, And next day my theigh to my feet were totally numb. Bedridden!! Next day it wore off so I could sit up but no walking, My kidneys didnt wake up and they gave me more bedrest and then I finally started to pee A BIT, They had to give me 2 Bolis bags of fluids which left me fluid bloated and down there just wasnt working I peed all over the place and never controlled. Then I barfed Bile all over the place and got an NG tube. Kidneys began to work good but no controlling them. Colon still asleep thats Y the NG tube...Finally Ice Chips...Then progressed to broth, They removed tube with me saying NOOOO!!!!, Then they wanted me to take jello and crushed diabetics meds even tho on Insulin, And i said I'll BARF>>> And i did. That night I decided to get tough, I said no more NG tube if i barf I barf. I wanted only ICE CHIPS!!! Swore off broth and all food. The next day my colon woke up and I passed alot of bile I was taking Reglan to make the stomach acids wake up to travel downwards and loads of Morphine. The tube had left it impossible to swallow food so my hubby brought all my Organic chicken broth in and real JELLO!! And popcicles. WONDERFUL NEVER TASTED SO GOOD. I now stopped all Morphine and asked for an Elixer pain med to swallow down my raveged throat. I went slow and they knew I meant business. I finally progressed to my Pureed Organic baby foods from home. Still had tons of nausea and gas started to happen on day 9. On day 10 I began to eat a little very slowly, Mashed red tators, Carrots, And homemade yogurt each meal Just a 2-3Tbls. That night at 4a.m. I finally pooped, Stopped peeing all over and had finally got control and only needed pads. Came home day 12 Dec 31st. In late afternoon. These last few days progress has been slow. Had setback yesterday of severe D- From a med 4 nausea, I Ate brown rice and yogurt and finally stopped. Today I can go potty with assurance and I'm pooping good Kegaling and peeing great Just tired. Good pain control now. Only med I am on is the Elixure Pain med and P.M. Insulin and 2 1000 Metformin 12hrs apart. This has left me from a Hot Furnace to a chilly person..Whew
And I am down from 6 meds a day to just the 2 metformin for Diabetes. I am happy to be home but taking Insulin 1st time trying to regulate my sugars good for 1st time in years.
Happy Homecoming to all the Princesses. My hubby is a pure angel from God. Hug's to all!!! MiMiLi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2008, 07:06 PM

Hi ladies! I feel exhausted tonight, but I also feel like I accomplished something today. I have my 2-week post-op tomorrow afternoon after going back to work for the first time. But today I drove about 40 miles by myself and had no trouble. Took DH to pick up a new car, so he drove the first leg, thankfully. On the way home, he was behind me the whole time, so I felt I could pull over if need be, but I did well. I just reclined a good bit (which feels weird) and kept my pillow under the seatbelt.

I'm glad it worked today as I have no choice but to do it myself when I return to work tomorrow. I AM feeling a bit sore from the activity (also went to mall for a short time), so I think I'll do half a Lortab to get some rest. I've been off the meds for several days, but the insomnia is killing me!

I hope to have good news from the doc tomorrow--my LSH was done due to a cancer scare. Fingers crossed!

MJ
Unread 01-02-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC1976

I hope to have good news from the doc tomorrow--my LSH was done due to a cancer scare. Fingers crossed!

MJ
Praying they find NO cancer! Glad you're doing so well. I guess we're starting to go back to work, one by one. I go back tomorrow for at least half-day if not full-time. We'll see.

mimilu52........sounds like you've had a ROUGH couple of weeks! I'm glad you're home & on the mend AND that you have a great hubby to take such good care of you. Get lots of rest!
Unread 01-02-2008, 07:46 PM

I've had a rough couple of days, but still managed to assemble dinner (pre-fab Chinese). Driving to a rehearsal at church tomorrow, hope to be ready to drive to a rehearsal in Los Angeles next week...
Unread 01-02-2008, 07:54 PM

I wonder if anyone here has any quick easy and nutritious meals they can put together. I will share some if anyone is interested.
Unread 01-02-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady4carousels
I wonder if anyone here has any quick easy and nutritious meals they can put together. I will share some if anyone is interested.
I am! Especially since I'm going back to work, want something easy to fix when I get home! Thanks!
Unread 01-02-2008, 08:29 PM

Ha, ha! I just realized something funny. I thought I was stretching my incision to the point of pain every once in a while. No! It was the steri-strips pulling on the newly-grown hair! LOL!

Thank goodness!
Unread 01-02-2008, 08:37 PM

Quick and Easy Dinners
*One of my favorites, when it's cool enough, like now, is chili. I use the spice packets from the grocery store. It's not gourmet and won't win the Terlingua Chili Cook-Off, but it's hot, hearty, easy and can be stretched with beans.
*Leftover chili makes great nachos (over chips, with cheese) or burritos (in a flour tortilla with spanish rice and cheese) or tamale sauce (mix with a can of red enchilada sauce and pour over purchased tamales).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register