Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 39 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-03-2008, 05:06 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Well, the kids went back to school today so that meant I got to drive again, haven't done that since surgery... It hurt. I never thought about having to use abs for driving, but I felt it in every turn and bump in the road. Did my first round of errands today too, little things, but I think if I don't fall asleep in the next hour I'll definately sleep well tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2008, 05:18 PM

Hey Ladies,
Had my 2 1/2 week check up. Steri-strips removed, and incision looks great. Next Dr visit is Feb 1st. I've been told I can do more, but no tubs, no pools, no sex, no vaccum, no more than 1 bag of groceries, and to use good common sense.
I got to drive there today!!! Dr is 30miles away, and then took the 12y/o Granddaughter shopping. It was a long 3 hours, so I've rested the afternoon away. Grandpa and Grandaughter are cooking dinner.
Otherwise, everythings going wonderfully, other than the freezing weather we are having. It was -9 @ 0700 when DH got up. This weekend it's supposed to rain with a high of 50. Gotta love the midwest. Don't like the weather, wait a minute it will change.

HysterNurseDeb & Spenrn - I'm not a nurse, but an ER Tech, and a paramedic/firefighter. I was told due to lifting of the patients absolutely no work until at least the 6 week mark, maybe the fuull 8 weeks. I do 10 hour shifts in the ER, and can do 24 hour shifts at the fire house, so I don't want to reinjure by pushing things to hard. With my back injury, I was out 6 months, because I pushed to hard. It's going to depend on your body.

Take care ladies...and keep recooping!
Kathy
Unread 01-03-2008, 05:27 PM
17 days post op and need a sanity check

Hello all!

I had my vaginal hyster. on 12/17 - and I am doing pretty good recovery wise. No visible incisions to view, my bleeding stopped completely before I left the hospital on 12/18, I have had some discharge, but after my 2 week post op on 12/28, my doc seemed extremely happy with my recovery. No sex for 6 weeks, but that is ok with me since my drive has been almost absent for a while. I have noticed some hair loss on my head, and that makes me feel uncomfortable. The sanity check comes into place here. I was very much a house bound person for the last 17 days as I also caught a viral infection with horrible coughing and congestion, but the day before yesterday, I felt pretty good, so I drive to the post office (first time by myself) and then yesterday was my major outing, in which I went to the mall, the grocery store and the bakery in preparation for my husbands birthday, I did really good, but was exhausted. I have also had a few really emotional mood swings this week, left me in tears, and thoughts of being "all alone" no one understanding. Is all of this normal and in reading the above post, have I just done to darn much? Please post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessN
I am also having bouts of crying! I have kept my ovaries, and I am also having major night sweats. I wake up and I am soaked with sweat.. Anyone else?
yep........that's part of the "party" they eventually go away.........mine did at least & I've only had it once or twice since those 1st few nights home
Unread 01-03-2008, 06:05 PM

Well, today was the big day.........back to work. Although not a "normal" work day........we had teacher inservice which is usually a shorter and easier day than regular teaching, so that was a good way to ease back into things.

I left during the middle of the day for my 2nd post-op visit, & it went very well. Once again, my dr's nurse practitioner was VERY compassionate and helpful. Basically, she left it up to me as to whether or not I wanted to be "released " to go back to work or not. I told her I have felt MUCH better since Tues. evening when I had my "turn-around." I'm just still worried about getting tired. She gave me a release to go back full time BUT I can leave early if need be.

I was worried about what my principal and other admin. staff would think about me needing to leave early, but the 1st thing my principal asked when he saw me this morning was how I was feeling, was I up to being back at work or not, then before I had to chance to say anything about maybe leaving early, he told me to just go home if I needed to. Yippee! So after the dr's appt., I gave the "conditional release" to the school secretary so I think everything will be fine.

I came home around 2:30 today (MUCH earlier than a normal day) and felt really good! I did lie down on the recliner for a doze and slept for 2 hours! Wow! So we'll see how things go when the "real test" comes on Monday----1st day students are back.

Hope everyone else continues recovering nicely! I'll miss y'all since i won't have as much time to be on-line!!!!
Unread 01-03-2008, 06:58 PM

Wow, I guess I'm lucky because I had no mood swings, no crying, no sleeplessness and no hot flashes. They put me on the estrogen patch when I left the hospital and I'm feeling great, bored, but great!

I go for my post op appt. next week on the 10th. We'll see how I'm doing. I still have almost all of my steri-strips. I've peeled off a couple that were curling, but the rest of them are still intact, so I guess I'll just leave them alone and they'll let me know when they're ready to come off.

Have a nice evening everyone.......see ya in the morning!
Unread 01-03-2008, 07:48 PM

Congratulations to all of you who have returned to work recently. Somedays it seems like surgery was so long ago, but to hear about everyone starting to return to work, it seems like last week. I have greatly appreciated everyone sharing their stories of recovery and answering the questions that I have asked and the ones that I did not ask, but others did.

fit&ready, that was a great observation of the timing of your "pms" symptoms. Since I had the ablation done a year ago, I've not been able to tell my cycles as easily until I started having the pain that always intensified around the 20th. So I'll have to keep that in mind when we get later in the month. So hopefully, things will get better soon for me in regards to the moodswings and hot flashes. I think it will be nice when the kids return to school next week, we can maybe start getting into somewhat of a routine, which may make me feel more normal.

Hope you all had a good day!
Unread 01-03-2008, 07:55 PM

Ladies, as for the crying and low feeling, I've had it too. I think we all have. It's a part of the recovery process. If it gets too bad, ie: days on end, call the Dr. I kept 1 ovary and haven't had night sweats, just the opposite, chills. But since I've had insomnia, I've ended up watching all the America's Next Top Model reruns, (funny, it's not a show I'd ever watch under normal circumstances!) Anyway, I've cried watching it! Just the silliest things sometimes make us cry. I go for my 2 week post op appt tomorrow afternoon. Any of you drive to it yourself? My problem is that my 19 mo old has come down w/ the Flu and I don't want to get her out so I'd like to drive myself. It's only 5 miles. I haven't been on any pain meds, the only thing I'm taking is Tamiflu to hopefully prevent me from catching the flu from her. What do you think about driving?

Lawyer42 SAH 12-20-07 kept 1 ovary and tube
Unread 01-03-2008, 10:15 PM

I drove about a mile away today--to the grocery store--my first driving, but not my first shopping. No problems. Tomorrow DH is doing the driving--long drive for my next check-up. I know I could do it, but I don't want to. And it's gonna be awhile before I feel good about driving after dark. I start to feel drowsy in the evenings and that wouldn't be good behind the wheel!

I haven't had the mood swings and crying, although I've had the hot flashes and insomnia. In terms of my mood, actually, I think I've been happier and more even-tempered so far. Of course, towards the end, I was really looking forward to the surgery. Perhaps that makes a difference?
Unread 01-04-2008, 03:23 AM

Hi Ladies,

I've been checking in everyday though I've not posted, mostly as I've had a major case of the blues. I mentioned before that hormones don't affect me in this way, but I guess they do now

For those of you who are also weepy, I just wanted to share a laugh with you. "Mrs. Hughes" has a great take on hormones in general, from puberty to hot flashes. I hope you all enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=mrsjohnhughes

Texoma2 - 48
LAVH w/BSO, taking Estrace

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register