Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 40 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-04-2008, 06:21 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

well i had a big day yesterday. Besides my first trip out of house early in day, last night i drove- with dh with me, in to town -just 3 miles away- to walk at high school. Im not a great night driver anyhow so we took it slow and it went well. felt good to be in charge a bit.
Then did a whopping 3/4 mile- took me 22 minutes. a bit off my normal mile in 12. guess i have something to work up to.
I am feeling a bit lightheaded this morning- so think today is a day of rest. maybe will tackle going through tax papers, yippee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2008, 06:49 AM

Good morning fand r - Are we the only ones awake yet??? Or still not at work yet??? I did my hair yesterday...thank goodness the 2inches of gray roots are now brown. My inciion is really bothering me on the left side (still) I think there must be some pulling going on inside. I am also only taking advil so maybe its not working that well. I want to emininate the perc at bedtime too. Some people have recommended Tylenol PM for sleeping. Do you take anything for sleeping? When I am working I generally don't need anything, but right now still not doing much. Later I will pick up my daughter at the bus stop and drop her at the mall but I think I will have a quiet day. Tomorrow I need to make an outing to the drug store I need a couple of things.... I want to start walking at the mall in the morning but don't know if I need to wait until to see the Dr on Tues. Did you get clearance for walking any distance or your just figuring it out for yourself? Do you think squating is the same as bending? I know I asked this but don't remember which forum I stuck it in? I have been squating the last couple of days to help out with my dogs....my friend yelled at me (shes a gym teacher) and said its like bending, I thought its not and it didn't hurt, except the incision annoying me, but not particularly when I squat. What do you think? Great day to all....love to hear all opinions... - Suzyq
Unread 01-04-2008, 07:02 AM

suzyq- Even though my ds's are old enough to get up on their own - i still like to see them off for the day. So im up at 6. Overall energy wise, I glad Im not back to work yet and i have a desk job. i do only have two more weeks off with pay... and then will see dr. return approval. I do miss my co-workers chatter and the getting out though this forum helps alot.
My dr. told me i could walk from day one. distance and speed was pending how i felt. I was a daily 2-3 mile walker to begin with, so that may make a difference.
And I saw your posts about squating over bending and yikes, ive been bending over since first week... didnt see that as a no no on discharge papers. I know it said no lifting, pushing or pulling, but must have missed the bending part. I tried the squating after reading that and it actually bothered me more- and i used to do 50 squats a day for exercise- so know thats not it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2008, 07:26 AM

Going to the Dr's today to see about going back to work. Also to check for signs of the seroma coming back. If there is still fluid, I won't be able to go back to work since moving around makes the fluid collect at the sight. I hope there isn't anymore fluid, as she may have to drain it and I don't like needles. My friend is driving me, as I have only driven once, and I was really sore afterwards. Anyway, I am getting really bored at home, doing some scrapbooking, reading and getting light cleaning. I have night sweats and insomnia but hopefully that will go away. I return to classes at the community college Monday, little nervous about sitting in lectures for too long. Anyway - I enjoy the posts and they are very helpful. Have a great day everyone.
Unread 01-04-2008, 07:41 AM

My super easy chili.

Can of your favorite beans. Scrambled hamburger. salsa. and some cheese. Mix all together. You can add spices to pick it up but following surgery we should keep it bland. Mix everything together and yum.

super quick Lo Mein.

Package of lo mein noodles takes about 6 minutes to cook ( you can find these in the ethnic section)
soy sauce or teriaki sauce
bag of frozen mixed vegetables
cooked chicken, turkey, beef, pork, or shrimp.
heat the vegetables in pan and then add the sauce of your choice, add protein heat, drain noodles and add with a little more sauce.
Take less then 15 minutes.
Unread 01-04-2008, 08:52 AM
First Post - Surgery Dec 19

Had TAH/BSO on Dec 19th. A little slow to join this group since most of you are moving on back to work and regular activities. Have been reading some of the posts -thinking I am a freak - but finally see myself in here and feeling more comfortable.

I am not on hormones -haven't had any problems with mood swings or emotional issues - though I had expected to.... Have more COLD chills than hot flashes - darn that is not fair! The cold chills started in the hospital. Hardly let up at all. Makes it hard to get outside to walk. The first day or two home I went to walk up and down driveway bundled up - but yesterday it was 9 and today 21 - this extreme cold makes my muscles contract and HURT>

Have had 2 minor episodes of night sweats - not sure if related to TAH/BSO or not. I have electric mattress pad and have had this problem before - cold - so turn up mattress pad - fall asleep - wake up TOO HOT and SWEATY. Since I am mostly cold during day -I am not too worried about these episodes.

I heard from a friend that if you have cold chills you won't ever have hot flashes? Any other experiences with this? I have had hot flashes before from the endometriosis treatments - so I really don't look forward to their return!

Most irritating to me is the up and down feeling of energy and lack of energy - I am usually personality type AA+ and on the go ALWAYS. I had to learn that being in the house all day - or sitting all day isn't the same as RESTING all day. I do better on days i really honestly take a nap - but I do have problems with insomnia during night - (had that before TAH/BSO too) so I hate to sleep too much during day.

My swelly belly concerns me. Area below cut is nice and tight and flat - have "muffin top" above the cut. I didn't order swelly belly band. Seems too late to do that now. Yesterday I did use ice pack for awhile -do many of you find this helpful? Support underwear or bands help at all?

My MD doesn't have me scheduled to be seen until Jan 17th and I feel like I am pretty well on my own. Common list of donts but not much info on what to do.

Sorry for the long post - it has been building up for these past 2.5 weeks!

Oh yeah - most common complaint is headache. Maybe body adjusting to lack of hormones? Doesn't seem to respond to tylenol or advil - which is all I take these days - no pain meds since week 1. Any advice for headache relief?

THANKS - I love reading everyone else's posts!

Unread 01-04-2008, 09:06 AM

I drove to the store yesterday (about a mile), and walked around a bit in there, then drove to our local coffee kiosk. It's difficult to drive using the pillow, I have to raise the steering wheel a notch. By the time I got home, I figured that was enough of that for the day, so when I went to Chancel Choir, DH drove me. It was a little tiring to maintain proper singing position, though. But I feel OK today, just a little sleepiness left over from last night, will probably crash in front of TV this morning. I'm not sure I'll be ready to drive myself to L.A. next week though.
Unread 01-04-2008, 09:32 AM

VacationDiva--for the headache, try Excedrin migraine, or the store brand which is a mix of aspirin, tylenol and caffeine.
HTH!
Unread 01-04-2008, 09:54 AM

Hi all!

I'm glad to see that most of us are easing back into things. I had my 2-week post-op yesterday, and I've been cleared for most anything I feel comfortable with. The doc has allowed me "permission" to work half-days for another few weeks, though. I'm not sure I can with the new semester beginning. Frankly, though, I'm more comfortable standing than sitting, so giving my lectures in class shouldn't be too bad. It's sitting at the desk that hurts after awhile.

The good news is that I'm CANCER FREE!! My right ovary was found to be a benign, partially cystic teratoma, so no ovarian cancer here. WHOOP! Anyone else heard of or had teratoma? I'm going to post another thread for input and discussion. These are WEIRD things...

I hope you all get the good news I did yesterday. No more fibroids, pelvic congestion, or tumors!

MJ
Unread 01-04-2008, 10:28 AM

That's really good news! You must be a teacher too. I teach 3rd grade and am right now at the 2 week post-op of TAH. I am so anxious to get back to my students but when I stand for any length of time I start hurting so bad! I can't imagine going back to work in 2 weeks full-time if I still have that??? That scares the daylights out of me. Maybe I'll do 1/2 days for a while. I certainly have enough sick days to cover me. I just feel guilty because since last year I had planned to take 4 days off in February for my neice's destination wedding in Mexico. I'm afraid my student's parents will go balistic when they hear I'm taking even MORE time off!!

pennyj

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register