Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 41 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Good Morning-
Could not sleep for anyhtng last night. I've decided to just get up and nap later. Was going to ride down to Bloomington, to bring Granddaughter back home, but I think I'll just stay home. Yesterday was very busy for me. Drove to and from Rockford(20 miles north), then went to a meeting last night. It was nice to interact again with poeple, but I don't like how tired I get so easily. it's been so cold, but we are expecting rain this weekend. It's going to melt all or snow. I'm sure it will get freezing again, as it's January in the midwest, so we all get built in skate rinks.
Belly looks good without the steri-strips. The incision is better than pe-surg. DR went in via the c-section scar. Still get a bit gassy, and BM's still hurt a bit.
I like the chili recipes. Mine is simply ground beef/turkey, equal parts red beans(drained) and tomato soup, chili powder to taste. MyAunt had 6 kids, and this was cheap, yet good. The guys at the firehouse even liked it.
Enjoy ladies!

Kathy

TAH/BSO-no HRT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2008, 11:35 AM

Good morning/almost afternoon ladies.
I am really getting tired of being tired...I wonder if it is because there is just really not much to do around the house. I guess I should find something to keep me busy...I have been saying that I was going to get my scrapbook stuff out.....maybe I should take my own advice.
VacationDiva - welcome to the post op site....I to have had a lot of headaches and nothing seems to work for me except drinking caffeine. I think in my case bordom seems to bring on the headaches....doesn't seem to make any sense though.

MJC1976 that is wonderful news about the cancer free....I will look for what responses you get on the Teratoma because I don't have much experience with that either. Good luck returning to work. I have to wait until February 1st or so although I do have to mention to my MD that it will be my scheduled weekend to work and I work 12 hour shifts on my weekends so that could change things. I work as an RN and work every 3rd weekend 12 hour shifts instead of the usual everyother weekend. anyway I hope everyone has a good day.

Deb
TAH 12/20/07
Unread 01-04-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyj
That's really good news! You must be a teacher too. I teach 3rd grade and am right now at the 2 week post-op of TAH. I am so anxious to get back to my students but when I stand for any length of time I start hurting so bad! I can't imagine going back to work in 2 weeks full-time if I still have that??? That scares the daylights out of me. Maybe I'll do 1/2 days for a while. I certainly have enough sick days to cover me. I just feel guilty because since last year I had planned to take 4 days off in February for my neice's destination wedding in Mexico. I'm afraid my student's parents will go balistic when they hear I'm taking even MORE time off!!

pennyj
Thanks, pennyj! I'm lucky enough to have been a good candidate for a laparascopic procedure, so things are coming along quickly.

I'm also lucky enough to not have to deal with my students' parents! Heehee. I teach college, so it's easier for me to return to work with a private office in which to rest and only a few classes to meet each day. I can't imagine returning to work this soon, either, if I was teaching children! You need more time away! :-)

MJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2008, 11:51 AM

I am amazed at those of you able to work already. I feel okay most of the time, but having the option to rest if need be is such a comfort since my days are on and off still. Even sitting at the computer for long periods of time is a strain. Yesterday's excursions, simple drive to the post office to drop off bills and a quick trip for milk and eggs plus school drop off and pick-up have my belly swollen and sore today. It was my first trip out behind the wheel. I'm trying to take it easy and be patient, but with three kids involved in activities and being a runner, I'm used to running around all day. By the way, at what point are we allowed to vacuum? The kids are getting good at it, but the dog is not cooperating by reducing her shedding temporarily. Is there anyone else who's doctor didn't want to see them until 6 weeks? I have restrictions on lifting and sex, but otherwise it's a basic take it slow and ease back into things.
Unread 01-04-2008, 12:07 PM

Had LAVH w/ BSO on Dec. 19th. Went back to work on Dec 31st. 1/2 days. Full time next week. Has been good days and not so good days. Gut is still a little excitable. Bladder is also a little excitable. Spasms have been annoying. Had a run in with headache/high blood pressure that has resolved, thank the Lord. Everything seems to be going just swell (no pun intended). I have an occasional ibuprofen and an occasional benadryl at night to help me sleep(insomnia monster is upon me). I just can't complain...except...well...listen up sisters....do not[i][u] have your mother come and stay... no matter how much she thinks you might need her...this will definately impeed your recovery....only room for one women in this house...Bless her heart.
Hope everyone had a terrific Christmas...I am blessed. Monica
Unread 01-04-2008, 12:12 PM

Some of you are also complaining of headaches. I was told this is normal with hormones changing and the anesthesia. I found certain pain relievers also give me headaches.

I was also told the gas they put in your belly during the operation comes out your joints and makes you very achy.

I am still not in my jeans yet. I put them on yesterday for short while. That did not last long.

Is anyone else here having uncontrollable cravings for chocolate?

My hot flashes have diminished since starting the Premarin. Wow what a relief that was.
Unread 01-04-2008, 12:17 PM

Hi all, I just got back from my two week follow-up. All healing well. I am not allowed to return to work until 4 wks (1/21). Only exercise allowed is walking. No sit-ups, kegels or stationary bike- I asked. Still have a 10 pound lifting restriction. Pathology came back with no cancer- but adenomyoscis (sp?). Uterus weight 155g with normal being 60 g. Still good news.
Unread 01-04-2008, 12:20 PM

Coming from a gal who has an uncontrollable sweet tooth pre-surgery...I came out of recover CRAVING carrot sticks and stuffed celery. The weirdest thing I've ever had happen to me. In fact, it's been 2 weeks today since my TAH and I still don't crave sugar....just good healthy fruits and veggies. I am anxious to see how long this lasts. It's almost too good to be true. I have had headaches too, but had a spinal? Maybe it's from laying around? The insomnia really is a drag but some nights I take Tylenol PM and it works and then some nights (like last night) it didn't work for me and I tossed around sweating and wide awake. Go figure???

We all have our own stories don't we? It's amazing how we all have very different healing time frames. It's still comforting though to hear everyone's stories. It's a good gauge to measure my recovery from. As long as I'm in the middle somewhere I figure I'm OK!
Unread 01-04-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohutch
I just can't complain...except...well...listen up sisters....do not[i][u] have your mother come and stay... no matter how much she thinks you might need her...this will definately impeed your recovery....only room for one women in this house...Bless her heart.
Well, since my mother is no longer with us, and my mother-in-law is laid up herself (cracked vertebrae, in an upper body brace), I don't have to worry about that. I do wish my sis could have come up, but she takes care of our dad. One friend came with her two little girls to sit with me early on, so my husband could shop for Christmas, and she was relieved by one of my piano students. Nobody else besides my DH and stepdaughter has really been here, except for a group of teenagers (stepdaughter's friends), not always helpful. After a week of having kids over and staying the night, we kicked everyone out 2 days ago, LOL.
Unread 01-04-2008, 12:41 PM

Ah, chocolate. My husband bought me six huge truffles from the chocolate factory for Christmas, unfortunately I can't eat them. I have no appetite in the morning and by the time the chocolate craving kicks in late afternoon or evening, the caffeine will keep me up all night. I did find though that finishing off my daughter's chocolate birthday cake with ice cream and fudge sauce did not keep me up

My brother had had trouble with headaches after a spinal a few years ago and said his Dr. told him caffeine would help (coke, coffee, etc). It worked with the headaches I was getting prior to surgery due to the endo too, although at night I switched to motrin so I could sleep.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register