Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 45 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-05-2008, 09:34 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

HouseMDFan, congrats on finding the cancer and getting rid of it. I don't think I could wrap my mind around that either, too many people in my family of died of cancer. It is a blessing that you found it and have gotten rid of it.

I had yet another office visit yesterday, with another on this coming Monday afternoon. The seroma is still there and Dr. is watching it. Doesn't want to open it up for risk of exposing incision to infection. I too have a muffin top on top of my incision. My clothes still don't fit me, which is aggrivating, but I guess it will come in time. I'll can do light housework and walking but to limit it. I still take an afternoon nap. I have not been released to work yet, as the seroma thing is still the playing factor in that decsion. WOuldn't want to start leaking at my desk.

My semester starts on Monday, and I can't wait to return to class. I miss being a student. Have a good day everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:01 AM

I had a really emotional night last night (I think I posted about it), so my DH took us to dinner at one of our favorite small places. It was so good to get out and feel normal in that way. I came home, went to bed around 9:45, and I was in bed for the greater part of 11 hours!!! You think I needed it? Heh. But I think part of the secret is not taking a 2nd vicodin, and just doing ibuprofen after the vicodin wears off, that way I'm not as groggy in the a.m.
Unread 01-05-2008, 10:23 AM

I, too, am amazed that everyone waited for the path report. Mine was ready before I left the castle. I just went to medical records, signed the release, and was handed the copy.(some places charge a copying fee, too) There was no waiting for Dr's, ect. No worrying, and all those feelings that come with. Some of the words have to be looked up, even if you understand medical jargon, but it sure was a great peace of mind. Unless your hospital has different policies, this is part of YOUR medical record. I also know some Dr's like to tell the patient, in case there are any questions, and so the pt doesn't panic due to a misunderstanding of the report.
Last night I slept very good. (A relief after the other night)Fell asleep on the couch at 10:00p, DH woke me at 01:00a (he must have fallen asleep too), then I slept until 08:00a this morning. Went out to breakfast, ran a quick errand, and now I"m exhausted again.
No real pains other than the gas pains with or without the accompanied BM.

I've been stretching instinctively when I first get up. I have to stop as soon as I feel a tug, but boy does it feel good to move those muscles, even the wee bit they move. I can't wait to be able to do more and more each week.

Time to go rest. DM is coming over tomorrow, and bringing homemade beef stroganoff -YUM. It will give DH and myself a nice break. I think we'll both just take it easy this weekend.

Keep positive, and continue to heal!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:20 AM

Thank you, everyone, for your wonderful, supportive, encouraging, kind words! I feel much better about things this morning!

My Dr did actually relay to me the path. results on about the fourth day, so I knew there was a cancer. But I didn't have a chance to talk to him about it until yesterday. It didn't really bother me before talking to him yesterday, after all, it's gone now, right? But when he told me about all the follow-ups that will be required--somehow, that hit me hard. But, like I said, I'm feeling much better this morning. It's just a matter of some Dr visits. Big deal!

I'm cancer-free, period-free, pain-free--what's not to love about this new life?!
Unread 01-05-2008, 01:23 PM

I really appreciate everyone's stories. It helps me not feel so isolated here at home. I am really in need of a trip out of the house today. I've only been to the doctor twice and a friend' s apt. once since Dec. 19th. I walk to the mailbox and back, but haven't been out like so many of you I've read about.

I tried the pillow between the knees and sleeping on my side with my CPAP machine has been wonderful. Thanks!! I am also getting my energy back here in week three and am very thankful for the list of suggested activities. Helps me not feel guilty, having some guidelines.

My doctor missed one of the staples under my belly so I had to have that removed a few days after all the other ones. It is healing okay, but I do feel a twinge from it from time to time. I go in on Monday for my 2-3 week post-op visit. I'm going to ask lots of questions and try to make sure he doesn't overlook anything this time. Take care.
Unread 01-05-2008, 02:04 PM

Hi to all...

Its been awhile since I posted. But I am still feeling pretty crappy. I hate to talk about this pain again...but I just dont want to go to the ER. My husband and mom want me to call the dr on Monday and make an appt.

supportneeded.....thanks for the encouragement! I feel like a big baby when the pain hits...its so intense...brings me to my knees...just thinking about eating and knowing that later when its time to to go...makes me not want to eat.

jamolata...are you still feeling the BM pain? not in just going...BUT do you feel pain with the urge to go?--or can you feel stool moving around in that area? It feels like a nerve is being hit or my intestines are twisted or an intense heaviness to the point where I have to sit on the toilet or bend over to let the pain or movement of bowel pass w or w/o an actuall BM.

To e/o---If a/o is experiencing this please e-mail me or post. I tend to wonder if I am making this up in my head.

Other than the above or the Insomnia I think I am doing pretty good. Havent been out the house yet. Was gonna try today but the weather is yuk in Ohio today. I'll save my first outing for a sunny day! My plan is to be a passenger only just ride and enjoy the view.

I love these post...keep them up ladies....I usually a very private person...cant believe I am posing...but just being able to see what others are experiencing is a true blessing to me.

sincerely...
Unread 01-05-2008, 04:17 PM

Evening all - House glad you are sounding OK. I went out for lunch today and a little drive with a friend. Eating out every day is not great for the waist line, except I have to say some food is tasting so delicious, like my taste buds are waking up, and sweets, which I usually love, are actually not tasting all that good. Still trying to watch what I am eating as I would like to keep of the 6 pounds and then take off some more!! I only had tylenol today and that seems to have been OK. Didn't get the tylenol PM yet so I will have to figure out what to do tonight.

I have been so tired today, I slept an hour this morning and then after my lunch outing, fell asleep in my bed in my clothes for another hour. I think we are like little babies, the fresh air makes us take a good nap!!I keep trying to have a little outing to try to build up my stamina. I will figure out what else I can add after the doc. on tuesday.

I was thinking of going to the supermarket with my daughter tomorrow instead of sending her herself, but I think I would be dangerous in one of those little carts and I can't walk the store yet, not that ambitious. Any of you head out in one of those carts??? It could be lots of fun..... have a good evening I will probably come back later again as i try to fill my evening...
Unread 01-05-2008, 04:30 PM

Those carts in the super market are a blessing. Provided there are enough and they are all charged. They are very easy to use also.
Unread 01-05-2008, 05:04 PM

I actually got my pathology report just as I was being released from the hospital from my doctor. He came dancing into my room twirling the report in his hand and said, "Guess what I got????" Then he said, "It's going to cost you that piece of pumpkin pie you have there on your lunch tray!" I said no problem and almost threw it at him because I knew he had the news I was waiting for!!! I had actually 5 different diagnosis' but the most significant was adenomyosis and hemorraging in my left ovary. I was so relieved (and so was my doctor) to know what the outcome was before Christmas. I think it would have killed me to have to have waited until after the holiday. What a relief! Hang in there to any of you who are STILL waiting!!!

pennyj
Unread 01-05-2008, 06:24 PM

I am laying here just ready to cry. I still have to use the heating pad and the waist bandage for the tummy tuck and I still have an incredible amount of fluid (seroma) and swelling. The only clothes I can wear are my Jockey Comfort Clothes (thank goodness for Jockey) and my sweat pants. I am sad. I am almost three weeks post op, have been to the doctors 2/3 times a week for observation and I can not return to my part time job till the seroma is cleared up! The worst thing is - no one else here seems to have a seroma. Just me. So it makes me feel worse because I secretly think in the back of my brain that it is a "bad" thing. Dr told me it is okay and only happens in a few women.

Maybe all this is hormonal. I haven't cried at all, but I did come out of surgery with a patch.

Oh well. DH got me the Dorthea Benton Frank book to read, since I finished everything else. I suppose I should read that to take my mind off my tears. I really feel stupid. DH wants to know why I am crying...for no reason at all.

I took two trips out today, maybe that wasn't a good idea.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register