Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 47 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Mimilu! Thank goodness you're out of the castle! Wow! You've been through so much, Im so glad to see that you're now home and can begin the healing. Take care of yourself and be well. Hope to see you here more often now that you're home too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:54 PM

Mimilu! Thank goodness you're out of the castle! Wow! You've been through so much, Im so glad to see that you're now home and can begin the healing. Take care of yourself and be well. Hope to see you here more often now that you're home too!
Unread 01-05-2008, 11:02 PM

(Warning lots of talk about kids)
I was doing so good, my mom got here yesterday to take care of me, my husband went back to work and then last night my 4 year old started having breathing problems. We have a nebulizer she uses once in awhile but by this morning it was not touching it so off to urgent care we go. Urgent care could not get good numbers and after x-rays she has pneumonia so my baby got a ride to the hospital in an ambulance. Of course there was no way I was crawling into the back of it so my mom went with her. I cannot lift her or even push her oxygen tank around if she wants to walk so here I sit at home while grandma is with her 3 doors down from the room I was in just 2 weeks ago. It’s a women’s and children’s hospital so I know she is in good hands and I stayed until she was falling asleep but it was so hard to come home. I have been on my feet all day, pain pills were left at home, so here I vent while some food heats up and my pain pills kick in. When it rains it pours, sigh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2008, 06:57 AM

Sorry things got so complicated for you. It is a blessing that your mom was there to help out...and don't feel badly if you aren't there....kids are soooo happy to be with grandma that you are probably second fiddle when she is around. Still be sure to take care of yourself, as you said, the care at the hospital is good and so your child is getting better care now than if she was home with you guys second guessing her symptoms, so you can relax a little. Keep us posted and I hope she comes home soon.... - Suzyq
Unread 01-06-2008, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaks56
Hi, all...

It's been a while since I checked up on you all - and SO much going on! Couldn't even find my last post, did anybody else say that their doctor didn't want to see them for 6 weeks?? I did stop by his office of Friday, to give them the paper to complete and fax to my job, so that I can keep it (something having to do with FMLA)

I actually drove today - my dh keeps discouraging me, but since it has been 2 weeks, I'm allowed.

My doc's office told me to KEEP on the steri-strips, but I can cut off the dangly ends - now THAT is a fun thing to sit and try to do! They are supposed to stay on until they fall off. There are NO exterior stitches, no glue, no staples. Just stitched from the inside. A little scary!

My step-daughter (the 24-yr-old psycho one) got really nasty with me today, then threw a hissy fit when she talked to her dad and told him she was moving out - in with her mother. Now, I think this is a good idea, but he is devistated and somehow I am the bad guy. Just what I need with hot flashes and emotions all here and there.

I asked her to do 3 things - that is ALL since she moved in over 4 months ago - to keep her door closed (to keep her cat in), to clean her own dishes (the ones she said she washed last night are back in the sink because they are STILL dirty) and to bring back my favorite casserole pan that she took without permission to her friend's house over thanksgiving. Does that sound like I am being unreasonable? She IS a college graduate with NO job, living in the bedroom of her father and step-mother, giving us lists of what she wants for Christmas and her birthday like a 12-yr-old.

Sorry, I kinda lost it here with you, but I can't talk to my dh (who isn't so D at the moment) so I'm on my own. When this "Princess" came back from a long new year's weekend with her buddies, she walked right past me and didn't even say anything about how I was after the surgery. I'm SO fed up and all I want to do is cry and hit somebody - preferably HER. And, when she left with a friend to wait for her mother (who is equally psycho - truly) to come and get her, she had the nerve to call her father and tell him to FEED HER *******G CAT. it is such a long story, but I'm put up with her and her antics for 9 years - WAY too long for her to treat me like this, An I know it's not ME, 'cause my kids are NICE to me and to her and to my dh.

I'm so sorry - I just can't seem to stop - but if I stop typing, I'll start crying, and I don't want to do that again.

So, for how long after menopause and losing your ovaries, etc to the hysterectomy should I be weepy? I watched "Matilda" and couldn't stop crying at the end - the HAPPY end! I guess I'm gonna have to go back to the library and get the Janet Evanovich books out again and re-read them - they ARE the funniest books written.

Thanks for being here - you are my lifeline, even though I don't post often.

I think you need to sit down with this ungrateful child and show her this letter. Tell her get with life and realize she is not the center of the universe. This behavior is regrettably normal from someone her age but it is not acceptable. She needs to understand your feelings and needs. You have been there for her and now she needs to be there for you.
Unread 01-06-2008, 07:53 AM

Avaks56 - sounds like she's not liking you being the "center of attention". TO BAD. At her age, she can be out on her own, see who's center she is then. This will pass, you need to focus on you still.

Glad to hear I'm not alone in this blahze' feeling at the 2-3 week mark. Yesterday, I barely did a thing, and was just drained. And BM's -still the movement perceding, aaauughhh. I can't lean forward, as it hurts more, I actually have to lean back on the toilet, like I'm slouching in a chair, to get relief. For some of you - TMI - but who else would understand??? Then once everything is over, it feels like I've been vapor-locked. (Like a vacumm has been created in your bowels)- That subsides fairly quick, but the initial crampy-gassy feeling will make you take a few breaths.

My taste hasn't come back yet either. I eat because I have too. When DH asks what I have a taste for, I just look at him and shrug. Once he offers ideas up, I can choose something, but even at a resturant, there are to many choices. Everything seems bland, yet spices irritate the bowels. I hope this wears off soon.
Did some light cleaning this a.m., as DM is coming to cook dinner today. DH does all the vaccumming, always did, and does the dishes. He carried the laundry down, and one of us will do it. He helped me take the tree down yesterday. Actually I think it was more I helped him. I took off some ornaments, then told him how everything gets repackaged for storage. He's so patient with me. His solution would have been "throw it all out, and get new stuff already packaged. It's on sale cheap right now."

Going to grab a bowl of oatmeal or cream of wheat. Gotta eat. check back with you all in a bit.

Have a rested, peaceful, healing day!!!
Unread 01-06-2008, 08:04 AM

lady4- bob and prunes too funny! finally finished book six of Janet Es and my dad picked me up the next two in the series for me at the library- whoohoo.
Last night was my second big outing, the guys wanted to go to the Y and so i went along... only to walk the track. I kept my self at a decent pace for a half hour and drummed up a whopping 1.5 miles. then sat down and read for a half hour waiting for the guys. It felt so good to walk and get those endorphins flowing again. almost normal. Then we stopped at my parents and short stop groc. store (we chose smallest one in town!) and then home. Seems if i rest during the day, and do more in the evening, i sleep much better.
Any deal shoppers out there? I love Jan/July clearance shopping and my mom said the deals are starting- so am hoping for a outing later this week. My dh company party is Feb. 1st - right at the six week mark (keeping fingers crossed for an all go as its an overnight deal.) Needless to say, i want something new to wear.
avak56- i have two ds (17/21) and they can be a great or frustrating, but it seems the girlfriends are the ones that are all wrapped up in themselves. sorry to hear you have to deal with all this now.
For those with the bm difficulties, i started using the colace (found only 1 pill everyother day works for me) and I still have short traveling pains, but not near as bad or as long. and as suzyq mentioned walking helps.
Unread 01-06-2008, 08:35 AM

Good morning, ladies! Thanks for the support - it really helps to know I'm not crazy.

As far as all the bm trouble - I don't have trouble having to go, but it HURTS when I do - esp the gas the precedes it! Is it because there is so much more room for it to rattle around in?? I take gas-X (the store brand) aobut 3 times a day, and it helps with the in-between gas pains.... what a conversation topic!

Let's all have a calm Sunday - soothing and healing, I hope!
Unread 01-06-2008, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady4carousels
I think you need to sit down with this ungrateful child and show her this letter. Tell her get with life and realize she is not the center of the universe. This behavior is regrettably normal from someone her age but it is not acceptable. She needs to understand your feelings and needs. You have been there for her and now she needs to be there for you.

UNfortunately, speaking from experience here, it doesn't matter if you sit down and tell them. I have a 16yo stepson that I helped raise from when he was 7. He is now living at his mother's after a year at grandparent's. He decided he didn't want to live here cause we had rules. Then after a year at gp's house, they gave him a contract to sign with rules. He moved to his mother's. The best thing you can do is diengage. Let me find a link to that article and I will pm it to you.
Unread 01-06-2008, 10:53 AM

Until you see your Doctor, You can put a maxi pad over it so that it is caught in something and to keep hole clean. My hole is the size of the lead at the end of a worn pencil. My doctor told me to put the maxi pad over the hole and to keep it clean with Peroxcide. My fluid is clear with a little red tinge (from old blood) My leaked all night last night. I didn't go to bed until 5:00am because I had to keep changing the pads to keep the area clean. Dh stayed up with me all night. What a guy. Good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register