Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 12-23-2007, 09:22 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

I woke up last night with a really bad headache, and back spasms, so I relented and hit the vicodin -- at the very least I figured it would help me sleep, since I've never liked it much for pain relief. But this morning I woke up with very little back pain, the smallest amount in a while!

I also felt well enough yesterday to put in my contacts and my earrings. Odd how something as small as that can make you feel normal. Today I plan on assembling treat platters for some of our neighbors -- turns out this is a cookie neighborhood!

My recovery is turning out to be a great Christmas gift, the best one I could ever receive!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2007, 09:32 AM

soprano2 -

Glad you are feeling good this morning. Don't over do it. I did yesterday and I am paying for it! So, today is a lay around the house and be waited on day!
Unread 12-23-2007, 10:48 AM

Hi all! This is the first day I've felt decent enough to sit at my computer for a few minutes. I had the LSH on Wednesday, came home same day, but I've been dealing with pain (from an incision that had to be widened to remove mass intact) and numbness in my fingers. It's been weird but not at all as bad as I'd expected. I had much worse gas pain following a laparascopy and D&C in October, so it's been a relief to be able to pass that easily. BMs have been difficult, though, and the Colace is not helping. I've had one small one yesterday, but the strain on my incisions was so bad that it made me feel weak. Otherwise, I'm just sleeping A LOT and taking walks in between the naps. I can't wait until I can roll over and sleep on my belly again! I'm happy at least that I can get up and down by myself finally.

What about the rest of you who had LSH this week? How is your recovery going?

MJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2007, 11:46 AM

I had my LSH on Monday. Third and Fri weren't very good. BM was a bit painful, but mainly I felt sick and didn't feel good if I moved. Yesterday I wanted to go to a small get together. DH and DM weren't sure, but DM took me. Strangely I think it was a turn around. We were outside in the cold, but I just sat and talked and listened. It was so good to be around friends and out of the house. I didn't stay long, and went home and got some good sleep after the fresh air.
Today I'm going to get out again. I won't push it, but it makes me feel better to get outside and not sit in front of the tv.
I'm sorry they had to make your incision larger. Mine are itching and hurt some now that I'm not taking the pain pills. Good luck. I hope you heal fast.
Unread 12-23-2007, 04:58 PM

I had my TVH on Tuesday and came home Wednesday afternoon. I'm really sore in the shoulders and don't have much of an appetite. The packing removal hurt the most, and it hurt to pee the first time as my bladder was nicked too. I really don't feel that great actually.
Unread 12-23-2007, 05:10 PM

Niki-

Sorry to hear you don't feel that great. Here's to a healthy and quick recovery.
Unread 12-23-2007, 05:23 PM

I am home from my surgery and still have my foley in and was told to remove it tomorrow and see the DR 3hrs later, problem is he is closed until after Christmas and my appointment is for the following Weds. I wasn't given any bladder training instructions so I am trying to train my bladder on my own so I can remove this thing and enjoy my Christmas dinner. I thought I was moving around really well as I have two story home and go up and down stairs until I started to pass red blood instead of just pink tinged staining Also it took me until Saturday to have my first bowel movement All in all I just wonder how much walking and bending over is too much? Anyone really know? My best to all you sisters out there who share this weeks procedure dates and I hope everyone has a joyous holiday We are all alive and should be very happy we have each other for support. best to all DD
Unread 12-23-2007, 05:32 PM

I am sorry you still have the foley. Did they remove it and you weren't able to urinate? I was only going to be sent home with it if I couldn't go before I left the hospital. I am not sure what to tell you about removing it and not seeing your doctor until Wednesday. Do they have an night hotline you could call for an on-call doctor? You may be doing too much if you are passing red blood. I know that I pass more pink tinged if I am doing too much, but it hasn't been red. Maybe you can post this on a main thread and see if others with previous hysterectomies have an answer.
Unread 12-23-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme53
I am home from my surgery and still have my foley in and was told to remove it tomorrow and see the DR 3hrs later, problem is he is closed until after Christmas and my appointment is for the following Weds. I wasn't given any bladder training instructions so I am trying to train my bladder on my own so I can remove this thing and enjoy my Christmas dinner. I thought I was moving around really well as I have two story home and go up and down stairs until I started to pass red blood instead of just pink tinged staining Also it took me until Saturday to have my first bowel movement All in all I just wonder how much walking and bending over is too much? Anyone really know? My best to all you sisters out there who share this weeks procedure dates and I hope everyone has a joyous holiday We are all alive and should be very happy we have each other for support. best to all DD
They're having you remove a Foley cath on your own?!? That's WHACKED. You need to go in and at least see a nurse -- especially if you are staining red, just to make sure everything's OK.

As for walking and bending, your body will tell you when it is enough. I was warned early to take it easy, no matter how good I felt, because it would kick my butt later. That happened today. Take it easy -- my approach is to treat myself like I had a back injury, and bend from my knees, not my waist. It helps.
Unread 12-23-2007, 05:49 PM
foley

Actually they never removed the foley at all during post op so I went home with the original foley...try very carefully to keep it clean etc. I understand how to remove the foley just deflate the balloon and carefully pull it out. The red drainage was vaginal not from the bladder as my urine is very clear and yellow. I guess maybe I must of just tried to do too much the first day home..I have a friend who is a nurse who will put a new clean foley in for me if I can't train my bladder these next two days but I really want this out it is very irritating and pinching in a very sore area to start with. I'll let you all know how it goes and thanks for your advice best to all....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register