Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 50 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-06-2008, 08:32 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

I went to church today and it kicked my butt; we had lunch, then I sacked out in the chair for an hour, could have used more!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2008, 09:03 PM

lady4 - GOOD luck with the foot stuff - I don't think I'd be too excited to go BACK in after only being out for a few weeks!

Thanks for all the support and web sites with advice - we'll see what happens. My dh just went and PICKED HER UP after spending 30 min on the phone while she gave him the details of how she woudl come back and who was allowed to talk to her - talk about your fantasy world......this is MY house, and I'm not too eager to have her back - we'll see and I'll keep you updated! (Oh, and in her fantasy phone conversation, she was telling him how she was going to get a restraining order against me!)

I feel like crap today - didn't sleep last night and walked around too much, so I'm i more pain than the past several days. Looks like a peroset night!

Take care - let's all hope for a calm week ahead....
Unread 01-06-2008, 11:49 PM

New symptom, thought I would share in case anyone else is also experiencing. Tonight I noticed that my nipples are extremely sensitive and sore. My bra even hurts. I searched on the site and it sounds like its pretty common and is related to hormones, much like PMS symptoms (eventhough I didn't experience breast tenderness with PMS before).
Goodnight Ladies! Sleep well and chat tomorrow!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2008, 06:38 AM

suzyq- i to noticed my lower back aching more yesterday, first concern was a UTI but then read 3-4 week checkpoint and it mentions the backache due to weak ab muscles. yipee. and we arent even allowed to work those yet...

mmrl- ive notices nipples are more sensative also. not like pms though.

Ok im feeling guilty girls. My sons fiance's mom just found out she has stage 4 breast cancer. it is horrible and we've been friends a long time too- so im feeling bad about it too, and since they are engaged, im thinking they probably will want to move up the wedding date from 2010.
But heres the guilty part, the girlfriend always makes everything about her and my son does whatever it takes to make her happy - even at his own expence. Ok, im feeling totally selfish here. This was supposed to be my little bit of attention time, and now its all about her yet again.. this sounds so bad- im sorry- im usually not like this. just needed to vent.
Unread 01-07-2008, 07:12 AM

Good morning!!! Fand R I think each day we are losing our sisters back to work, maybe it will just be us TAH folks who will get to linger a little longer. The perc last night and hot pack helped the back and today I took an 800 mg motrin so that will help. I just can't do the heavy duty motrin too much becasue it really kills my reflux, even with nexium twice a day. I really need to do a couple of errands but am so tired today and haven't offically been released to drive. I did drive daughter to school today. I need to get stamps so I can pay my over due bills and I want to get money so I can convice a friend of mine to go pick up dog food for me. I guess I am just not up to lifting those 40 pound bags. My friend is coming to take me out a lttle later so I can probably do the bank, drug store and dog food then, the stores are all in the same area (except the bank actually).

I am actually home alone right now, my son's semester at college started today so both kids are out at school. I would like to take a shower and haven't had a problem but still worry a little about doing it without anyone else home. I think the perc helped last night but I do feel a bit like a have a hangover and its 9 and I feel like a need a nap, like a crash kind of nap...but I was up at 6:30.

Has anyone here ever used the hystersisters product, very personal moisturizer/lubricant?. I am wondering how it compares to other products? Any thoughts out there? Have a great day sisters will check in later after my snooze... - Suzyq
Unread 01-07-2008, 07:37 AM

im home alone too. friday was my first day like that, i had a panac atack, really. but today i feel more confidant- we'll see how that goes.
i cant imagine having the energy to go back to work just yet either. my core is aching right now from being on computer for an hour, less 8 hours. but i am feeling more confidant i will be able to return at the four week post op. dh thinks im doing fine and will be able to go back with no problems and hes been pretty overprotective.
well off to clean the bathroom, well the parts i can reach easily. yippee.
Unread 01-07-2008, 07:45 AM
"All aboutme"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit&ready
suzyq- i to noticed my lower back aching more yesterday, first concern was a UTI but then read 3-4 week checkpoint and it mentions the backache due to weak ab muscles. yipee. and we arent even allowed to work those yet...

mmrl- ive notices nipples are more sensative also. not like pms though.

Ok im feeling guilty girls. My sons fiance's mom just found out she has stage 4 breast cancer. it is horrible and we've been friends a long time too- so im feeling bad about it too, and since they are engaged, im thinking they probably will want to move up the wedding date from 2010.
But heres the guilty part, the girlfriend always makes everything about her and my son does whatever it takes to make her happy - even at his own expence. Ok, im feeling totally selfish here. This was supposed to be my little bit of attention time, and now its all about her yet again.. this sounds so bad- im sorry- im usually not like this. just needed to vent.
I'd call future MIL, and see how she is. This is not all about the future DIL, it's about the MIL. You can't change someone who likes to be the center of attention, but your son, will eventually see thnigs for what they are. I believe the future DIL will only get worse towards the end, and I'm sorry to say, I see a Bridezilla coming. You still need to focus on your recovery, or you can't help anyone, even your son. Don't be sorry for venting, that's what we are here for.
Something to think about, since you are so active, is to walk the 3day, for breast cancer. If you need more info, I can e-mail you directly. I do it every year now, and it's great.
Unread 01-07-2008, 07:57 AM

okay, ladies, I've already been out to the hairdressers and the bank and am home! (it's 946 am here)

Did a stupid think and made a haircut appt for 830 this am - and I have been sleeping until 10 each morning, so do not know what I was doing, but I got up and got it done. I feel much more human and less dreggy-like with the hair off my neck and ears. Also found out that my hairdressser had a nysterctomy a few years ago - kept telling me how good I'd feel after the incision healed and hormones stopped shifting. I hope!

Thinking about calling my boss to talk about going back to work at the end of the week - part time, at least. It's the leaving at 430 am and staying til 3 pm that would kill me, I think - my energy is NOT back to where it needs to be - what do you ladies think, should I try to go back part time or wait until my energy is back to normal?

Fit&Ready...... you shouldn't feel too guilty about needing to vent - it IS your time to be in the spotlight for a while. I"m sure that you are feeling bad for the friend and her daughter, too, but that doesn't diminish how you are feeling about what's going with YOU. We all need some attention during this time, no matter how much others may think we should just move on to think about others.

So, think I will now go take a nap.

Later, ladies!
Unread 01-07-2008, 08:00 AM

thanks for listening and not judging. i felt better and terrible typing it.
i did email FMIL - just this morning. let her know what im available to do to help. not much, research or drive her somewhere....etc. shes still working this week and starts chemo soon.
I saw that walk on TV -but sounded like nothing happening in our area. I am in the saginaw-midland area of Michigan. if you know of one in our area, yes please send info through hysters email.
Unread 01-07-2008, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaks56

Thinking about calling my boss to talk about going back to work at the end of the week - part time, at least. It's the leaving at 430 am and staying til 3 pm that would kill me, I think - my energy is NOT back to where it needs to be - what do you ladies think, should I try to go back part time or wait until my energy is back to normal?
What kind of work do you do? Can you do some at home, and go in on a limited schedule?

I had one of those nights where I was up for 1.5 hours in the middle (had a great nap in the middle of the day, that's part of it). But I have a touch of a yeast infection -- wonder if I should be concerned -- and took off my undies for a while. Put them back on because the lack of support made me more conscious of my incision (some pains), and it was difficult to relax.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register