Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 52 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-07-2008, 11:51 AM
foot surgery

I am home from the hospital after my foot operation today. They gave me Percocet this time. I am happy for a better drug that works so much better then the Morphine.

The crutches are a bit of a strain on the belly so I am laying as low as possible.

I will write more when I am more awake from the surgery drugs.

Best wishes everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2008, 11:53 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Wrll I felt so good this weekend that I went out like 6 hours Saturday. After that I was exhausted and achy- even took some Motirn for pain for the first time in like week. Then Sunday I was out 6 hours to go to a memorial service for my good friends mom. So today I felt sore and have stayed in bed all day. I feel much bettter after hours of doing nothing but sleeping and watching TV. I now know I can over due and be much more careful in the future. Plan to take it fairly easy the next couple of weeks and return to work at 4 1/2 weeks.

Wonder when my energy will really return? Best luck with everyones healing
Unread 01-07-2008, 12:18 PM

HouseMDFan... you may be right about being bored....just watched the ENTIRE movie "Stick It" and only got teary at the end when the coach sticks up for her. Now it is "wedding Singer" and I know I'll cry at the end too...these dang hormones!

I think I'm just used to being busy, so just sitting at home is kinda driving me crazy. And with my wicked step-daughter in the room fight under my living room, I just don't want to leave the room, in case she decides to come up and occupy it. (Ok, I'm a bit wicked, too)

All I did today was a couple of loads of laundry (didn't have to carry it downstairs, at least)...maybe I'll wait to go back to work, after all.

Later, all......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2008, 12:27 PM

Ya know when it rains it pours. My boy friend Jimmy had quit his job in September when his mother fell and broke her leg arm and back. He then had to take care of the dog when she had her leg surgery and neck issues. In November he had to start taking care of me with my knee, foot and Hyst. Well last night I had to rush him to the hospital. He has a kidney stone that is too large for him to pass on his own. He just left for the Urologist. I am staying home to rest my foot following surgery on it this morning. My niece came over last night and took me to the hospital this morning.

Now everyone in this house is out of commission. I have no idea how we are going to take care of each other but I am sure we will figure it out.
Unread 01-07-2008, 12:29 PM

Well its afternoon and my back is still achy- i know I need to quit sitting at compuer. lol. but im not a movie watcher and im actually sick of HGTV, but dont tell my dh! What not to wear is all repeats and other than reading IM BORED.
i even talked to a couple of co-workers to ease the boredom, but it just wanted to make me want to get and an go to work. ok not really.
I am hoping if the aching passes i will go walk tonight... that is if the dense fog we have lifts.
Unread 01-07-2008, 12:34 PM

Glad to hear you are home and everything went smoothly. Percocet is great, I found coming off it was mind-numbing though, literally.

Sounds like many of you have also hit a wall? I was exhausted over the weekend, especially yesterday. I also found I had more distinctive pains Thursday afternoon and Friday, so bad I was in tears Thursday night but only have my motrin (800mg ea) to take now so did a lot of deep breathing and went to bed early. This weekend was better, but the pains are shifting and I felt (still do) this deep ache right in the middle of my lower pelvis, anyone else? As for swelling, my abdomen looks slightly swollen when I get up, but within a few hours it's popped out again.

Anyone else's brain malfunctioning? Maybe it's poor sleep, but I'm in la la land most of the time and am having a hard time focusing (the proposal I'm suppose to write today for work is not going well right now, thankfully I work from home and can pick it up again tonight when I'm not sleeping.
Unread 01-07-2008, 12:46 PM

tld03- yes thats the achiness im feeling. lower pelvis! couldnt put my finger on it.

lady4- glad your back and done with surgery. i started book seven and am already half way through.
Unread 01-07-2008, 12:53 PM

I still get tired, but I can't seem to nap. I've never been a "napper" and was only able to take naps for the first week after surgery but not now. Wish I could. I've seen every movie and can only read for so long, a little afternoon nap would be nice.
Im worried about getting addicted to the ambien so tried to sleep without last night. Didn't work, kept waking up.
After surgery I had asked my Drs office to move my postop appt up from 5 weeks, to 4 weeks (next Thurs) but last night I laid awake afraid of having the exam next week. Im still so achy down there I don't even want to think speculum. My exams before surgery were so painful. I wonder if I should request a xanax before my appt? Maybe I should move it back to 5 weeks again too?
Who has had the exam? Some posts on the site say its really painful?
Unread 01-07-2008, 01:12 PM

I didn't have any pain with the speculum at my exam on Friday. But I had an abdominal surgery and didn't have problems with the exam prior to the surgery either.

I think you should ask for the xanax, or whatever. Because the more worked up you get about the potential pain, the more you'll tense up actually making it worse. This is definitely one of those things that you've just got to be able to relax (physically) for.
Unread 01-07-2008, 01:48 PM

lady4....gee and I thought I had it tough? You are a real trooper - I am glad you are home - at least you can direct what the others can do.... and there isn't anybody there who is gonna want to go jogging or to Cedar Point! Hang in there - we're all pulling for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register