Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 56 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

I'm using the vicodin/tylenol mix I have primarily at night, because my pain worsens at night for some reason -- but my back spasms are also returning, which are weight-related, so maybe I am getting back to normal. I'll use the vicodins as long as I have them, I think I'm 1/2 way through the bottle. I took one last night and got some good sleep, which I think is even more important to healing than trying to wean off them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2008, 10:13 AM
bowel spasms...

Had to make that trip to the ER for the intense pain and spasms before and during BM's. They did a rectal exam..OMG!! Exactly why I did not want to go....No impaction as I told them that was not the problem....and a CT scan of my abd/pelv.

CT showed "a fluid collection" could be from scar tissue from surgery...not sure. Waiting to hear from my dr.

A/o ever had this???? Is it a hematoma?? and what would they do. Waiting for them to call me back is annoying...this site has answered more questions....based on experience. Dont get me wrong I love my Dr. but you know waiting for the office to call is like watching the pot boil.
Unread 01-08-2008, 10:40 AM

suzyq- congrats on good results on path report. i still have a week and half before my post op. I think the chance of returning to work after that looks good if i keep improving at the pace im at. slow but steady.
I was having a bum day. I had got my hope ups to get out of the house and get my hair cut - then my girl was on vacation. so have to wait for next week. turned the day into a at home spa instead - soaked my feet, conditioned my hair and still am planning on doing nails. its 52 degrees and pouring a storm outside- yes in Jan in michigan. Maybe a good chick flick with some popcorn is order too...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2008, 10:51 AM

Sassy45--you may be the only one of us that's got a seroma, but you aren't the only one on the site!

Look in the top right--there's a blue search box. Use it to search HysterSisters for seroma and you get over ten pages of results! Just on the first page, it looks like there are five articles about seroma, and five forum posts from people with seromas.

Good luck to you! You're not alone!
Unread 01-08-2008, 10:59 AM

Frappo - please let us know what your Dr says about your CT scan! I hope its nothing too serious.
I tried to get my path report yesterday from the hospital, but they won't fax it, has to be picked up in person. So frustrating! So I called my Drs office today and asked that the Nurse call me to go over the results. Plus I just want to recap my recovery. I haven't called them yet with any questions (thanks to this site), nor had a visit, and since I've been going to my OBGYN for over 6 years and am convinced am one of her best referral sources I figure I'm owed a little time and attention! Im kidding, but kind of serious too! So hopefully I can get my path report summary today and doublecheck my current healing and symptoms, as well as go over my apprehension with next week's post-op visit and exam.
It's so weird, yesterday I couldn't get out of bed with pain and today I'm itching to get out to a movie or something! Its snowing and beautiful outside and suddenly I just realized that I'm truly sublimely happy right now. I have felt my emotions change in the last few weeks with my hormones, but overall I've been more calm and at peace than I have in maybe years. My DH of 10 years and I have been getting along great and this holiday season was the most stress-free ever, eventhough nothing was organized or "right" in the usual sense. I hope this isn't just a phase and a false euphoric feeling as a side effect after surgery and reality isn't looming in the distance. Has anyone else felt especially happy and content?!
Unread 01-08-2008, 11:23 AM

Okay, so last night was another painful one. I have a call in to my doctor now to see what she recommends I take when the pain really kicks in.

I think I sat too long at my desk working yesterday and wiped myself out (never thought sitting could do that) so by the time we had to leave for my ds practice, in the snow, I was already tired and aching. Then it took me 45 minutes to drive what should normally take 20 and by the time we got to where I could drop the kids with DH I was in tears. Of course at that point my choices were to sit in the car and cry(which I did for a few minutes anyway), go with them and sit on the bleachers in a cold hockey rink in pain for an hour, or drive home home where I could relax. So I took a deep breath and drove home (which took an hour things were moving so slow). The pain lessoned a bit the closer we got to home but with things moving so slowly all I wanted to do was sleep like the little one I still had in the back seat (man was I jealous!). Feeling better today, still achy, but went for a walk anyway to get things moving (ran a marathon in November and now I'm lucky to get that mile walk in without being wiped out). I'm nervous about tonight though. I'm a coach and programming starts up again tonight so I'm on deck 6:45 until 8, just about the time I usually feel pain or am ready to be done for the day, not to mention the swollen belly at that point. Plus, I know with the sun out now the roads are going to be a sheet of ice by the time I leave the house which means that much more stress and time in the car. Well, wish me luck, I'm off to finish that proposal I spent too much time working on yesterday. Fun fun!
Unread 01-08-2008, 11:25 AM

"Has anyone else felt especially happy and content?!"

Absolutely! No ovaries=no mood swings for me, evidently. I've felt happy all along.
Unread 01-08-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit&ready
i was eating ice.
That's so funny - I was eating ice like there was no tomorrow and couldn't understand it - until I found out about the symptoms of iron deficiency. Today, the thought of chewing ice makes my teeth hurt. Thanks for the advice on the children's chewables - I have some of them here.
Unread 01-08-2008, 12:03 PM

Actually I have my ovaries and I have not had any mood swings yet. I have been in a pretty good mood so far, other than having a cold. But I guess it has only been 19 days since the surgery.

The one thing I do have from all the coughing is extreme muscle tightness in the stomach and incision area. Some soreness but not bad.
Unread 01-08-2008, 12:10 PM

Well I guess there is a reason we are recovering....I left my house to go to another appointment about 20 minutes from home and about half way there, changed my mind!!! I thought it would be fine but it was a busy day....I drove my daughter to school, came home showered, went to the dr., had blood work at the lab, came home and sat for 1/2 and left the house again...went to the bank, the furtheset I have driven so far and realized OUCH...I can't drive another 15 minutes, sit in a chair for an hour and drive m yself home another 20 minutes...so I cancelled my appointment, put a heat pac on my tummy and took two advil. I am sure after playing on the computer for a bit, it will be nappy time..... Still relieived about the path report, but confused about the surgery report... it sayd TAH but also supercervical hyst...and talks about stitching up the cervical stump and a piece of it went to path, does that mean I have no cervix? Probably a dumb question but when he said he took everything, I thought he meant Everything!!!! - Suzyq

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register