Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 12-23-2007, 07:04 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Sorry it has taken me so long to post anything, this is my first time with internet access since the surgery.

I had my LSH on Dec 19th got out of the hospital on the 21st was required by my doctor to stay at a friends house until tonight Dec. 23rd (because I live alone). I am finally back home where my crazy foster kitty is driving me nuts (he is so affectionate and lovey). The sugery went well, the doctor said that she was quite pleased with it, she found the 13 fiborids that I had been growing and endometriosis, but the ovaries were healthy so she left them in place. The incisions are held together with dermabond (fancy word for superglue in my book) and two stitches for each cut.

Recovery has been interesting. I dont know what is more painful, the pain from the surgery or pain from the gas.

I am plugging along though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2007, 09:53 PM

Had my LSH on the 18th. Home same day. Was pretty pukey the first 2 days, but not miserable. Did take advantage of the Tylenol3 the MD gave me because he thought the Vicodin was the culprit. Anyway, doing little..was feeling really good and went to Wal-Mart today. HUGE mistake.....after about 20 minutes I really truely felt like I was going to pass out.
Came home and slept for a couple hours and am now in some pain. I overdid it........so easy to do and soooooo expensive in pain and fatigue. I will head to bed in a bit and try to sleep. Back to the full pain meds for the night and hope I wake up SMARTER tomorrow. HUGS to all those that are still recuperating.
Unread 12-23-2007, 11:29 PM

I had my Tah on the 20th, I got home yesterday. Hospital stay was great, the nurses and I set a plan to stay on top of the pain and it really helped. Today I went to walgreens to walk around for a bit and then we went to dinner at my familys. I am tired but not doing to bad. Finaly had a bm today and I feel alot better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-24-2007, 09:27 AM

I didn't post yesterday because I was paying for being too active Sat. I'm really having trouble fnding the balance between taking it slow & easy, but then thinking that because I feel well I can get up and do stuff. I didn't even really think I was being all that active Sat., but when I finally did settle in to go to bed, boy did I pay!! I really haven't had to take too many pain pills (dr. encouraged me to take ibuprofen as well if possible), but I had to have 2 of them to finally relieve the pain Sat. PM.

I stayed in bed MOST of the day yesterday, and now I'm trying to decide whether I should do the bed all day thing today or get up to do stuff.....good grief!

One good thing about yesterday, I hadn't had a BM since before my surgery (Tues. 12/18) but FINALLY had one yesterday! Only you ladies here would understand the reason for triumph there!!!!!

I go to get my staples out today, being the weenie that I am, I'm not looking forward to that, but a friend of mine says it just feels like a pinch. I hope she's right! And that the nurses go easy on me!!!!!

Don't see the dr. till Thurs. cuz he's on vacation. I'm glad for him; he's the only OB/GYN in town and a VERY busy man!!!! I'm glad he's getting to spend time w/his family....
Unread 12-24-2007, 10:10 AM

supportneeded -

Sounds like you did do a little too much. I also feel great and want to get up and do some things and then pay for it later. It is very hard for me not to walk over and pick up my 7 month old son. It is just habit for me, and then I have to remind myself that I just had major surgery and picking him up is a big NO NO unless I want to go back and have repair surgery done!

It is interesting to read how many people have staples. Mine aren't staples but stitches. In fact, 2 of the 3 have already fallen out completely. Good luck getting your staples out.
Unread 12-24-2007, 10:19 AM

It didn't hurt at all when my staples were removed. I got them taken out just before I left the hospital. Boy are they tiny!
Unread 12-24-2007, 11:44 AM
You won't believe it I still don't

Thanks to this site and all the encouragement and prayers I was very calm going in. On the 20th in the morning I went to run some errands and DH was not feeling well...he had a very ashy color and I thought it was the cold he had gotten from me. I went to hospital at 1 and was admitted by 2 was in pre op by 3 and in DH had to come home to get our 16 year old that has Cerebral Palsy off the bus and take him to the bathroom before going back to hospital...they were packed and did not had a room for me until 10 DH and Son came in to the recovery to say good night...next morning DH was very ill and I had to call 25 yr old Son to help him with 16 yr old and put him on the bus....DH came to hospital and I instead he go to the ER his blood count was down and was admitted to the hospital that day they ran several tests including heart and came to the conclusion he had bleeding ulsers....we were in for the same amount of days and got out same day few hours apart....had to have mom come in from out of town to help with my little one and older one really stepped up to the plate. I am feeling well I had a lot of endo and they had to do a TAH and they also found lots of cysts on ovaries that were giving me problems...DH is weak and feels awful that he got sick and I told him like he had control....by and by we are both well and he is trying to strong and take care of me....Mom left today since she thought she would be in the way.....Sorry so long but had lots to say.....
By the way I did not have bowel prep did not get shaved all the way they did put this wonderful little pain ball on me and if anyone is interested to find out what it is website www.askyoursurgeon.com they put it on the incision and like novacaine it numbs the site stays on for 5 days but I had mine removed in hospital. Well getting tired I will rest and come back later. To all my sisters thanks again for the prayers and you are all in mine.....
Unread 12-24-2007, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio61
Thanks to this site and all the encouragement and prayers I was very calm going in. On the 20th in the morning I went to run some errands and DH was not feeling well...he had a very ashy color and I thought it was the cold he had gotten from me. I went to hospital at 1 and was admitted by 2 was in pre op by 3 and in DH had to come home to get our 16 year old that has Cerebral Palsy off the bus and take him to the bathroom before going back to hospital...they were packed and did not had a room for me until 10 DH and Son came in to the recovery to say good night...next morning DH was very ill and I had to call 25 yr old Son to help him with 16 yr old and put him on the bus....DH came to hospital and I instead he go to the ER his blood count was down and was admitted to the hospital that day they ran several tests including heart and came to the conclusion he had bleeding ulsers....we were in for the same amount of days and got out same day few hours apart....had to have mom come in from out of town to help with my little one and older one really stepped up to the plate. I am feeling well I had a lot of endo and they had to do a TAH and they also found lots of cysts on ovaries that were giving me problems...DH is weak and feels awful that he got sick and I told him like he had control....by and by we are both well and he is trying to strong and take care of me....Mom left today since she thought she would be in the way.....Sorry so long but had lots to say.....
By the way I did not have bowel prep did not get shaved all the way they did put this wonderful little pain ball on me and if anyone is interested to find out what it is website www.askyoursurgeon.com they put it on the incision and like novacaine it numbs the site stays on for 5 days but I had mine removed in hospital. Well getting tired I will rest and come back later. To all my sisters thanks again for the prayers and you are all in mine.....
Unread 12-24-2007, 12:52 PM

Thanks Dawn I am doing better than I thought and DH is weak but it will take awhile before the anemia reacts to the iron and other meds...he really feels like he is letting me down.....I just keep trying to tell him I am okay nice to be focused on someone else....but I am making sure I don't overdo but I do feel okay today.....
Unread 12-24-2007, 03:14 PM

Scorpio, your poor husband! I'm glad your mom was able to come help. Y'all have had a rough time of it.

And Dawn, I can imagine how hard it would be to not pick your baby up. It's a mother's instinct to snuggle her baby constantly. I'm "sort of" experiencing that myself.......only in my case, it's my Basset Hound........yes, he & I are both spoiled rotten and it's been AWFUL to not let him in at all this week.........he just wouldn't understand why he can't come bounding up to Mommy's lap (all 80 lb.s of him). On a good day, he can make you feel like you've been crushed in a garbage compactor, so I definately couldn't handle it if he came to give me one of his rambunctious hugs!!!!!!

Got my staples out today.......not so bad at all.....just a little sting. The surgery itself was obviously a success........I already feel relief from my adenomyosis. My dr. said my uterus was 2x its normal size, plus he found a cyst the size of a half-dollor on one of my ovaries.......had no idea that was there!

OK, ladies, let's all remember to take good care of ourselves!!

Merry Christmas!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register