Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 61 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

I had my hysterectomy on December 18th 2007. I'm getting better day by day. I just wish that someone had told me about the bowel spasms. Those were the hardest part for me to get through. But I'm feeling better. Slowly but surely I'm getting back to my old self.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2008, 03:51 AM

Hi Ladies, I am not sure if I am posting correctly. This is my first time doing something like this. I have posted 3 different messages but no one has ever replied. What am I doing wrong? Should I be starting a new thread or something somewhere else? Help!!!
Unread 01-10-2008, 05:26 AM

had my TAH on dec 21st,,came home 24th,,so xmas was messed up,,as for pain meds took for 2 days at home then just tylenol,,was on keflex gave me a horrible case of thrush,blisters all over tongue,inside cheeks ect,,had a hard time eating,,this is my first operation,in fact put this one off to long had a tumour on my right overy,,11cm and it twisted so i got put on the surgery list at the emergency room,,got cut from belly button down with staples went and had them taken out on my birthday the 28th,there was 20,my path came back no cancer what better birthday gift could i get,going back on jan 22nd ,for my final appt. have driven a couple times they said a could for short trips at first,,shopping is a hoot whatever i can get in my arms and not over 10lbs,,cant wait to push a cart again,,and i do miss my baths so hopefully i will be able to do that after the 22nd,,so glad to find this site have been on it for weeks first time i posted "so i am sure i am doing it wrong sorry"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2008, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckkc24
Hi Ladies, I am not sure if I am posting correctly. This is my first time doing something like this. I have posted 3 different messages but no one has ever replied. What am I doing wrong? Should I be starting a new thread or something somewhere else? Help!!!
Your post is fine. I am not sure what you need help with but the site seemsto be busiest during the day. Have you tried a search in the box at the top right? What you need may already be here somewhere.
Unread 01-10-2008, 07:09 AM

Good morning ladies...I understand the hint on the week 3 and 4 check list about having one good day and one less than good. Ihave been out of the house for some portion of the day for the last few days and then a took a tiny walk outside yesterday (two houses worth) and did some arm work out in a chair with a two pound handweight. My incision is so sore today..

I actually don't think it was my activity, although I also spend 2 hours sitting in a chair in my kitchen while a friend of mine decided to rearrange all the cupboard. Anyway, part of it is the stretching thing....I can't help but stretch and when I do I keep tightening my abs and I can't stop it mid stretch...I don't know how else to describe it. I think as some of the feeling in the numb spots of the belly come back, it feels a little sore in places where it didn't feel anything before.

Anyone else have some of this odd stuff going on or is it just me being odd??? I think I am also have some hot stuff going on and a wicked head ache...maybe the estrogen reserves are drying up.....because of the endo my gyno doesn't want to talk about HRT for several months.

Anyone get really paranoid and think about buying organic, hormone free dairy products and meat? There is so many hormones in our food could that impact our endometriosis???

Sorry for the long post, lost of questions and complaints today....thanks for always listening.... - Suzyq
Unread 01-10-2008, 07:14 AM

I am going out for my first post op for my foot surgery. It feels better today as long as I take the Perc and Motrin. The combination is the key I think. I am doing much better on the crutches.

I have the spasm pain on my right side that a few of you have complained of. I have to be careful with twisting. I can handle the stress on the side as long as I do not twist.

I did notice the anesthesia has slowed my bowels again. I am out to get something to help move things along today. I have not pooped since Monday's surgery.

Things will improve for all of us. If we hurt it just means we need to slow down and rest. Remember we just had major surgery. This is going to take time and patience. IF I can just take my own advice I will be all set. LOL
Unread 01-10-2008, 07:18 AM

suzyq i posted on last page about numbness going away. i to am feeling some soreness where i didnt feel them before. i catch myself stretching too.

i also find it harder to keep myself from doing things. Glad to your hear out and about each day. I went out yesterday and everyone keeps telling me not to overdo, but i just think im pacing myself to get my strength back.

I read somewhere that we can pull our abs in and hold to regain strength - has anyone else heard this?
Unread 01-10-2008, 07:28 AM

Yes, fit and ready

I have heard about the ab pull and my doctor is ok with me doing it. Talk to your doctor about doing it. It basically means you tighten your abs and pull them in. I have to do it when I take steps on my crutches.
Unread 01-10-2008, 10:58 AM

Afternoon ladies! I'm back from my post op and the doctor actually released me to all activities, but then retracted her statement when she did the math and realized I will only be 4 weeks post op this coming Monday. I've healed remarkably well, according to her. She said I look more like a 6 or 7 week post op patient as opposed to almost 4 weeks. She was really please (and so was I ) She asked me to hang on 1 more week before I go back to work, but after that, I'm free to do whatever I feel up too, which includes going back to my aerobics.

I had stopped in to work this morning before my appointment (with DH in tow), and they were all glad to see me. You'd think I'd been gone for months and months the way they all went on, but it was so great to see everyone. After my appointment, I called the office to let them know I'd be back to work on the 21st. While I was there, the President gave me a gift bag, and told me to open it when I got home. Inside was a bag of Starbucks coffee beans, a missing you card, and a $1,500 bonus check. I work for the best boss in the world!
Unread 01-10-2008, 11:04 AM

lady4- so much for my confidance yesterday in my job situtation. i got an email this morning that finds much unrest in the newspaper business and its not looking good for me to return to my position. I am not terribly surprised as i have been through this five years ago and they found me another postion- but i am awaiting more information from another co-worker at the moment. It is nerve wracking- may do some online job searching. and I may have to take my own advice, in GOD may have another plan for us...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register