Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 62 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

AFternoon, all....

Managed to sleep really well with NO horrible pain-killers - just motrin, and I woke up almost pain free!

Just read the email fro hystersisters about what to do and NOT do - never realized that pushing it with lifting and carrying could cause such problems - so I will NOT, even though it feels like I could.

Still feel like I am being a baby about so much, but if it is a matter of preventing lesions and everything, I will follow to the letter of the law!

Going to try a Rachael Ray recipe for dinner - chicken and dumplings. Yum! It iwas on her show today and is on her website.

This is IF I can get all the stuff and get home to do it. My Dh is the atheletic director for the local school district, and he is home in tiny drips of time between being back at school to monitor basketball, wrestling, swimming, and trouble with the custodians. If these people only knew how little he is paid to do all of this, they might lighten up, but everybody wants what they want, no matter what a giant pain they are being.

anyway, NOT his website to gripe on - only mine...and I do my fair share of that, don't I?

have a good evening, ladies....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2008, 11:52 AM

Hi everyone,

I may have hit my limit on sleep (either that or I was too stressed out about something else), becauseI only got 4 hours last night, and that was after taking a vicodin! My sister suggested that maybe I'm getting too much. Strikes me as funny.

All this talk about work is sobering, because the spring semester starts in February for our college. I didn't publicize my surgery there too widely, because I don't usually teach during intersession (January) anyway. Plus I'm not permanent p/t, so I didn't want anything interfering -- does that make sense? I mean, it's hard enough to get paid for special projects, even when the paperwork is filed correctly. I didn't want to deal with disability.
Unread 01-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Getting better day by day

Hi Gals!

I am going back to work on Monday, the 14th, and went to my MD yesterday for my 2nd round of antibiotics - had been really sick after my surgery with a viral infection. Coughing is almost gone, still lots of lovely congestion. I have been pretty emotional, it seems like at times i will be fine, then feel really sad and emotional, then i will be fine again. I think i am ready to go back to work, or maybe I have had too much time on my hands to sit and think, worry or stir...?

Anyone else get these emotional surges?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2008, 01:01 PM

I am going back to work on the 14th also. I am dreading it horribly! I am dealing with lots of emotions like you were talking about, being okay one minute and the next not being okay. From what I've heard, it's totally normal. Good luck to you next week!
Unread 01-10-2008, 01:19 PM

Good Afternoon ladies - I hope everyone is enjoying their day. I have been really struggling with bordom! I actually can't wait until tomorrow when I can drive myself to my post op appt and have lunch with a friend to see her new home. I am sooo looking forward to it as crazy as that seems. My MD told me I couldn't drive for 3 weeks and that is up TODAY, so my DH said he would leave me my car ....he drives a truck and there is no way I could even begin to think about trying to get into it. Slept great last night I only hope I can do it again tonight....wish me luck. I too have been having some of the numbness leaving my stomach and it feels strange ....yet I think it feels like it might eventually get back to the way it was before...maybe. oh well sorry for the long post have a great day everyone!

Deb
TAH 12/20/07
Unread 01-10-2008, 02:00 PM

I think you are posting fine. I see your post.
Unread 01-10-2008, 04:38 PM

Good to know I am not alone - Jill!

hugs
Unread 01-10-2008, 05:00 PM

Good evening ladies,boy it seems a lot of you are heading back to work...I am taking the full 6 weeks, which brings me to a Friday, but don't think I want to go back to school on a Friday...(too scary first day back. I would stress all weekend) I requested to go back Monday to do a full week and not have work on my mind for a day then off for two, but once the week starts its the week....

I am trying to find a little chore or errand that takes me out of the house for about an hour at least, walk a bit outside and do a little with hand weights. I took a motrin this morning but I am planning on skipping the perc tonight. I will aim to sleep on my own, if not I iwll try tylenol PM. I am not really in pain per say - fatigue (napped about 45 min. this afternoon, down from twice a day after surgery) and some soreness in the incision area. Like I said this morning, it feels like the skin is waking up. I was able to stand on my feet a while tonight to cook some noodles and put dinner together.

Those of you who are still not working, I'll catch up with you during the day. Those that have returned to work, please let us know how you are doing.... - Suzyq
Unread 01-10-2008, 05:18 PM

I returned this past Monday after LAVH. The first two days I thought I had lost my everlasting mind. Yesterday and Today I feel pretty good even with a 2 hour sit in the hallway episode for tornados today.

It feels good to be back in a routine but I have to keep reminding myself on my limits.
Unread 01-10-2008, 06:27 PM

My postop was hell. Turns out most of my discomfort was caused by a couple of stitches (very sharp and hard...how do those dissolve?!?!) and some small ring (I have no idea what it was for, and was in way too much pain to ask). The thing is, I had no idea that my vaginal canal would have stitches in it. That may sound stupid, but I didn't know or expect to have stiches right in the opening--similar to an episiotomy?! He & his nurse explained that the amount of prolapse warranted tightening that part too. Holy COW! It was horrible having the stitches clipped and the ring removed...I'm of course having more pain now, but I do think it will have helped eventually, once I get over the trauma...the discomfot has been waking me up at night, hurts everytime I urinate, take a step, etc.... I've had 4 hour crying jag, at times practically hyperventilating over it...I'm drinking tea and trying to calm down. I don't go back for 3 weeks...he says I'm not ready to think about going to work yet, but to keep walking. I came home and took a vicodin and I think I'm going to have another, curl into a ball and pray for something to be brighter tomorrow.
Bye.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register