Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 64 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-10-2008, 09:47 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

MJ- your post cracked me up! Although I feel sorry that you can't sleep. I know what my Dr gave me was just regular Ambien which has been great for me, but I noticed a commercial today for AmbienCR which I assume means "control release" and may be better for you? May ask your Dr or even call your pharmacist first so you have an idea of what you may like your Dr to prescribe? Just a thought.

I hadn't left the house for 5 days so today my DH took the day off and took me to a movie. We saw Sweeny Todd. Sick!! It was pretty gross, but a good relief from the monotony of my new life on our couch! I was out of coffee (my only headache relief) so we did a quick jaunt through WalMart for just "staples". I was exhausted when we got home and am really sore now.

Im definitely gonna make a slow day of it tomorrow. BTW - am I supposed to be taking extra calcium? I saw that on other posts but couldn't figure out if that was a Dr suggestion after surgery or rather an individual overall health option? Well goodnight all! Happy sleeping to all - best of luck to those of you suffering from insomnia. (I'm still surprised the bottle of champagne didn't do it!!).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2008, 09:54 PM

I can't have HRT because of the cancer, so my Dr. recommended Remifemin (black cohosh) for the night sweats and evening primrose oil for the insomnia. He says it doesn't work for everyone, and even if it does work for you it probably won't work 100%. I don't know if you can take them while also on HRT, and it does take a while to build up before it works.

I'm trying the Remifemin right now (haven't found the other yet). Perhaps it would be worth a try for some of you, too?

I have been totally lazy the past two days after my big grocery shopping outing that hurt me, on Tuesday. I've been bored, too, though. I've been trying to force myself to read instead of doing something I shouldn't (like re-arrange the furniture, or spend too much money shopping).

By the way, Karen, you are one lucky gal with a boss like that!
Unread 01-11-2008, 06:31 AM

Curly88 - Dr hasn't at this point, because I was already pre-menapausal when I went into surg. I'll be 46 in about 2 weeks, and he said if I could have held out another 4 years, my ovaries would have stopped naturally. I was already having some nights sweats, hot flashes, and insomnia. The surgery just put a 'rush' on it.
As far as calcium, I eat a yogurt 2-3 x's a day, 3 glasses of milk a day, and cheese, broccoli, ect. I've always been a fairly healthy eater, so my bones are good. He wants me to continue eating a healthy diet, and lots of water.
I've also seen that there is an issue with HRT and high blood pressure, which I also have. Family history, on both sides. I also have a family cancer history. I had what I call a near miss years ago, with multiple bad paps, they did a biopsy, and then a LEAP. The LEAP showed I had pre-cancer cells, but they where all removed with the LEAP, never to have returned.
My opinion, is the less pills the better. I take enough stuff for my asthma. A B complex, as well as glucosemine/condroitin is something else I take.
Yes, we have a very active schedule, that's why this sitting around stuff is just killing me. It's not in my nature, but I am behaving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2008, 06:57 AM

Morning all. Im still rehashing the job thing, a coworker assured me she thinks im versitile enough that i will be fine even with the cuts they are making. Of course its never that cut and dried. Thinking i should at least put my resume together while im off next week...
On the healing front, I seem to be having a few more itchy and twangy feelings from vaginal cuff healing the past couple of days, or thats what im assuming it is. Which just adds to my list of questions is mounting for dr. for next weeks post op visit.
Would love to go out shopping again today- since i didnt get anything wednesday at all. How do the rest of you handle constant montering by friends and family- telling you not to do too much? I love them all for caring, but its just frustrating to be 46 and have people telling me what not to do.
Oh, and think i mentioned this before, but Prevention mag also mentioned taking flaxseed for hot flashes. Im sure there website would have more info.
Unread 01-11-2008, 07:12 AM

When 'told' I'm doing to much, my response is sometimes, "okay, Dad/Mom". I've also said "todays a good day, and I'm listening to my body. I will stop, when my body says enough, and go lay down." I'm also known for being stubborn to a fault, but I remind people I AM behaving. I've also joked that I'd like gold stars on my report card for being good.
DH has been great about it, he also has seen the crying jags from the frustration, so he lets me do, and then looks over the tops of his glasses, with the 'I told you so look', and pampers me once I'm back on the futon.
Mostly friends and outside family have commented on how they can't believe I'm doing so much already. What, going for a ride in the car??? I feel like the dogs, all I have to do different is hang my head out the window, tongue and ears blowin' in the window, and get a cheese burger if I'm good. The walking in the store isn't that much...30 minutes...then back in the car to go home.
Isn't it great to be loved?!
Unread 01-11-2008, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly88
MJC1976- Oh my gosh, I can't believe you are back to work, and wow you really do have sleeping problems. Did you try tylenol pm?

I feel good being back to work, but I'm still only officially released for half-days. One of the benefits of LSH, I think.

I teach college, though, and we're short a faculty member in my division, so when the semester began again this Wednesday, I had no choice but to meet my classes. I teach mostly in the morning, so I've been able to go home in the afternoons. Two days a week I have a night class, though, and on those days I just lock my office and take a little rest.

I haven't tried Tylenol PM because I understand that it's just Tylenol (which I'm taking) and Benadryl (which I've also tried.) I did sleep last night, though, and it was WONDERFUL! I didn't even take anything (or drink anything!) :-)

MJ
Unread 01-11-2008, 09:17 AM

I slept pretty well last night without vicodin, so that's one more "yay" for me!
Unread 01-11-2008, 02:08 PM

I didn't realize how weak I've gotten until I tried to open a bottle of beer (I was loading chili ingredients into the crockpot) and had a really hard time getting it open. And yes, it was a twist-off!!
Maybe I need to get out some little hand weights and start exercising?
I've also tried knitting the last few days and for the life of me can't get it right!! I haven't knitted for years and never made it past a scarf or two, but thought it might be kinda fun and pass the time! Knot going so well yet though! Haha

Oh yeah - here's my famous chili tricks: add beer early in the cooking process, lots of different beans, canned tomatos or salsa, ground burger, chopped onions, chili powder, cayenne pepper, garlic pwdr, and brown sugar in the last 30 min of cooking.
I always serve with cheese, sour cream, and fritos! Yumm!
Today I cheated a little with leftover frozen (bland) taco meat, and mild salsa so I didn't have to chop onions either.

Today I met my kinderg DD at the bus stop at the end of our lane (we live at the end of a one road culdesac in the country) and thought Id take the dogs for some fresh air (7 yo black lab & 6 mo great dane - both over 100 lbs). Everything was fine until some jerk drove down the road to my neighbors house and the dogs wouldn't stop running up to his van as he drove (they momentarily decided to play deaf as well). The guy ended up stopping and I had to take hold their collars and hold them all the way home because he was driving and moving so slowly. They will stick right by me normally, but are very inquisitive/protective of our home and visitors so I didn't want to let them go and scare the guy eventhough they are harmless. He took his sweet time getting out, checking out the country view, slow up their walk, etc. They weren't even home and he kept moving so slow, I was dying in pain and tempted just to let the dogs go to scare him since he was taking so long, but decided to just grumble to myself instead. Needless to say, I'm laying down the rest of the day and am not still in too much pain but hope I didn't do any damage. Dumb dogs!!! Its a good thing I love their little faces and unwavering companionship! Ha!
Unread 01-11-2008, 02:29 PM

good afternoon ladies- I am home from my Post op appt and venturing out day. Post op went ok a little pain with the internal. My MD did not like the idea of me working 12 hour weekend shifts right after my 6 weeks were up so she gave me one more week so now I go back on February 8th which should be better considering the weekend work wont start until later then. Had a pretty good day...didn't sleep very well even with the Tylenol PM guess I will just keep trying. have a restful day everyone!

Deb
TAH 12/20/07
Unread 01-11-2008, 03:02 PM

BlueWillow1960 - Do you feel ready to go back to work? It looks like we had surgery the same day and I'm not going back until the 28th and even then I'm a bit nervous.
Did your doc say what could cause the sleep problem? It is good to hear that it will work itself out. Thanks

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register