Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 65 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

well i called my mom and my husband this morning and said, "I need to get out on my own. I feel good and ill be fine." Then while i was out shopping my mom proceded to call me three times. lol. I was gone for three hours. I walked half the mall, tried on a gazilian dresses- none of which i bought- and even stopped to get gas!

I see some of you half long shifts, but i have a desk job so am hoping the dr. lets me go back at the 4 week mark. I keep getting emails from work of all the changes that are taking place a week after i get back on the 21st... what a nightmare. On that note the stress of returning is mounting- what if dr. doesnt release me next week?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly88
BlueWillow1960 - Do you feel ready to go back to work? It looks like we had surgery the same day and I'm not going back until the 28th and even then I'm a bit nervous.
Did your doc say what could cause the sleep problem? It is good to hear that it will work itself out. Thanks
Hey Curly..... Yes, I do feel ready to go back to work. I hate to say this because I know others are struggling, but I feel amazing. I'm an Office Manager, so most of my day is spent behind a desk and I have two assistant who work for me and have been holding down the fort in my absence. I had a person from our CPA's office come in to handle confidential information. When I stopped in the other day, other than a ton of mail that I need to go through, the girls have been staying on top of everything for me, so I'm not going back to a mess, thank goodness. The company I work for has just been super about my leave and recovery. I know when I go back on the 21st that I'll have no problems.

I guess I never realized how bad I felt before because I'd lived with it for so long. DH said he can't believe how calm I am now. In the past, I was very irritable. Now that I'm free from the pain and discomfort, I guess I'm a lot nicer to live with This morning I got up and walked on my treadmill for an hour, did a few other light exercises, took a shower, left the house and went grocery shopping. I came home put everything away, mopped my kitchen floor, did 3 or 4 loads of laundry, made dinner, did some work stuff on the computer and I'm still going strong. Since DH is working late, I might do some reading tonight.

As far as what is causing the sleeplessness, my doctor didn't really say other than our bodies are going through a wave of change. She said she fully expects my sleeping pattern to return to normal in a few weeks. We shall see!

Have a great evening ladies!
Unread 01-11-2008, 05:28 PM

I went to my first Post op from my foot surgery. Even though I will be cleared from my Hyst to return to work on the 4th I cannot go back to work full time till the 17th. Not that matters as I no longer have a position at the hospital. I have started making calls to colleges and will start an online course in hospital administration as I can not pursue my nursing anymore because of my foot. It is now considered a permanent injury. The hospital gives me $2,000 a year in tuition reimbursement and I also qualify for some Workers Compensation re education. I hope all of my training will be paid for an most of it is working at home on my own computer.

In the mean time I am applying for every job at the hospital I can that does not require me to be on my feet more then 4 hours a day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2008, 05:33 PM

Hi Ladies!

I'm glad to hear that some of you are feeling great again. I am too! I've been doing very well for several days now, so I think I'm really on the mend. I guess I just got used to feeling like crap all the time before the surgery. That's so sad!

I have BIG plans for tonight that include making brownies (I'm dying for chocolate all of the sudden) and doing laundry. WHOOP!

MJ
Unread 01-11-2008, 06:01 PM

Well, I'm gonna try going back to work on Monday - will let you know how I do - my boss is being great - will let me work at my own pace of coming back. More later...
Unread 01-11-2008, 06:32 PM

Hi Ladies,
It nice to read about everyone doing well. I've been doing a lot lately myself. Went to a movie today and ventured out to Sam's club. I'm hoping that I will be good and tired so I can fall asleep tonight.
Unread 01-11-2008, 07:33 PM

OK, more time now - I talked to my doctor's nurse (WHOM i adore - SHE IS so NICE TO ME) about my hot flashes at night - and they have decided to put me on estogen patches until my post-op visit on 1/25. Had me pick up some samples today, with instructions to start ASAP. Anybody else on these? Do they work? What are the risks? Or where should I look? I've come to trust those of you in here.
Unread 01-11-2008, 08:25 PM
New at this

Hi all,

I am new to this whole process - the posting online process here not to mention the hysterectomy process.

Is anyone postmenopause, TAH,BSO with a finding of stage 1b clear cell ovarian cancer?? Its good to find it so early but clear cell is tricky.

I'm looking into the next steps (chemo) but am curious if anyone has gone through this particular type and stage.

Had surgery on Dec. 6, 2007 to get rid of a recurring ovarian cyst when the clear cell was found deep inside both ovaries. Thankfully nothing was found anywhere else, after 4 hours of digging around and checking (ugh).

Recovery is going fine, just finding it hard to cope with the cancer issue. Thanks for any input.
Unread 01-11-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaks56
OK, more time now - I talked to my doctor's nurse (WHOM i adore - SHE IS so NICE TO ME) about my hot flashes at night - and they have decided to put me on estogen patches until my post-op visit on 1/25. Had me pick up some samples today, with instructions to start ASAP. Anybody else on these? Do they work? What are the risks? Or where should I look? I've come to trust those of you in here.
I've been on Vivelle Dot patch since leaving the hospital and I've had no problems at all. No hot flashes or night sweats, and no mood swings. I just feel normal. It's great! I think there are some reports of irratation at the sight of the patch, but I've not experienced any. I've had great success with mine thus far.

I'm sure other sister can weigh in on this subject too.

Good luck!
Unread 01-11-2008, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avaks56
I'm on climara patch .10 and I've done pretty well. Three night sweats and no hot flashes. I have had trouble sleeping but not sure if that's related to the patch or just the surgery. No mood problems, but I guess that's coming from me, my family have some different to say

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register