Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 74 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

HouseMDFan, don't you dare shut up! and I have another question! Kind of gross, sorry, but does anyone's pee smell bad? You know, I woulnd't even ask my best friends these questions!

I just went, and yuck! Normal color, no fever, blah, blah, blah, but in surgery he had to do bladder repair because it was cemented to my cervic and my c-section scar tissue. Could that be why????
K - better known as Kristen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2008, 11:23 PM

Thanks for describing the "cuff." I was getting curious and was just about to google it. My gyn, who is wonderful and explains procedures in detail, described the procedure "like stitching up the toe of a sock!" If he referred to it as a cuff I don't remember it. I can't wait to get back to him so that I can ask every other question that occurs to me in the middle of the night! I'm finally getting close to that first check-in with the surgeon on Thursday. I think I need to start writing the questions down that I haven't seen answered here.

For those of you who had your appendix removed, I don't recall my surgeon discussing that with me but I wish that he had. My mother's cancer actually started in her appendix; rare but it does happen. Her oncologist said it was only the second case she had ever seen. I would certainly have volunteered mine had I known it was an option.

Funone, I can't believe you admitted "checking" your cuff!! I have to confess that I have to lecture myself about the risk of infection every day in order to resist the temptation to "see" for myself what they did up there! I am the furtherest thing from a nurse too; I just want to know. By the way, did you have your surgery at the Woman's castle? I live just outside Houston and that's where mine was done. I have a preliminary path report but I'll be glad to talk to the doctor in person and get the all clear confirmed.

Goodnight everyone!
Unread 01-13-2008, 11:26 PM

Thank you, Kristen! So sweet!

Did you have onions or asparagus for dinner?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2008, 11:36 PM

K---Just something to keep in mind...sometimes the pee smells different due to the stitches healing and dissolving inside of you. I've found that when I notice a different odor I usually find traces of stitches when I wipe after going to the bathroom.
Unread 01-14-2008, 06:18 AM

Morning all- well this is probably my last week off- unless dr. finds something wrong I cant see on Thursday. And since my payed time off is up this week hoping all is a go. I have various short outings planned throughout the week and a haircut tommorow -THANK GOODNESS. Main goal today- get my ds senior scrapbook actually in the works now that i have all pics i need.

For you the ones who still dont have energy.. are you drinking enough water and eating enough protein? I eat meat once a day, along with low fat string cheese, yogurt, protein enriched cereal and breads.
i also found that when i push my self to move just a bit out of my comfort level- i gain strenth. Not saying to over do it... just pace yourself.
Unread 01-14-2008, 06:31 AM

It's Monday again...yeah, I actually know what day it si! The isolation of being off from work is really getting to me. My coworkers (I work at a church) are really my life line...so, tomorrow, I'm going to stop in for a little bit during Staff meeting. It will be good to see every one and hear about what's bee nhappening (rather than focusing on me). My stamina improves a bit every day...but walking is very uncomfortable still, due to vaginal pain and discomfort...anyone else having this issue?
I woke up on my stomach this morning--yeah! Haven't been able to do that in a month! I guess that part of my body is feeling better.
From what I'm reading, the swelly belly is normal and will be with us for a while. I'm nervous about closthes for work...I'm still in my sweats. Oh well, I've got a couple more weeks before that happens.
Hope you all have an awesome day!
Blessings,
Unread 01-14-2008, 06:46 AM

Good morning everyone....not a great night sleep yet again.... got up early to find out about school closings and let the kids slepts, but I was up at 5:30.... I walked around a bit yesterday in a couple of stores and lunch out....came home tired and needing a short nap. Decided to order in chinese instead of going up the stairs again to cook. ( I live in a raised ranch and I made my room downstairs in the family room that the kids never used. I have a full bath, and privacy from my two teenage kids, and if I ever get home late I can sneak in my room or sneak someone in or out!!!)

I have a cuff question as well...can it take longer for the cuff to heal than the incision. I feel like internal pain like a few inches below the belly button right in the center, like where you would thing the cuff is....other than an incision pull, that is the only place that feels sore. I pee and poop fine so its not that, even if I am still flirting with a yeast infection, it wouldn't feel like that...anyone of you sisters have any insight? It's manageable with tylenol or motrin, but that seems to be the remaining most significant painful internal spot.....your thoughts????

Lots of snow here in RI today will probably just sit on my big butt and watch my self get chubbier by the minute...

I have a step at home like for aerobics, I had my daughter move the otomon that was over it so I can just go up and down, figuring its OK, my friend the trainer came over, got mad at me, and moved the ottoman back over the step )becasue he knew I can't push it out of the way). Maybe I have been doing enough with the outings I have had everyday for the last several days and my body is finally saying ENOUGH!!!!

I might take something to sleep tonight I feel like I need extra healing/resting....looking forward to hearing from my sisters today...have a great one... - Suzyq
Unread 01-14-2008, 07:35 AM

TEXOMA2- yep I had my surgery at the woman's castle. I was there from the 21st- 23rd.

Is everyone seeing their stiches disolve? I haven't passed any yet. Saw the urologist Friday and he said they were still there which is good, but would start to disolve "soon". Do you always pass some?

Off to try and do something while I have a little energy. hope you all have a good day B
Unread 01-14-2008, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly88
WOW! I am impressed. We had the same surgery same day and there is no way I feel that good. My doc said no lifting for the full 6 weeks! I still do a little of anything and I'm exhausted and I've done all the things they've told me to do. Did you do anything special that got you ready so fast? All I did today was go to church then lunch and then went and watched my daughter's soccer game and I could barely get in my pj's and back to my chair fast enough.
Happy Healing!
Well, I don't know if I did anything different or not, but I put in a lot of intense hours (more than normal) for about a month prior to the surgery. I wanted to be in the best possible shape before I went under the knife. I used to be an aerobics instructor, and I currently am just a student, but I take 4 one hour classes, plus 1 two hour class a week. On Sunday's, my husband and I mountain bike for several hours. I eat a lot of dairy (yogurt, cheese & milk), and I also walked several miles a week in addition to the aerobics. I used to be overweight (lost over a 100 lbs) about a decade ago. I shed the weight and became an instructor. I just couldn't do both my full time job and have my aerobics classes (learning dance routines took lots of time), so something had to give and I became a student rather than a teacher (much less stress). I'm also a believer in the powers of positive thinking. DH said he's not heard me complain once during this whole process. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. Perhaps I was just blessed with good healing genes, although both my biological parents are gone. My stepdad is going strong though

I wish I knew the answer Curly, cause if I did, I'd sprinkle it on all of you that are still having problems. Today is officially my 4 week post op and I feel awesome
Unread 01-14-2008, 08:00 AM

BW- that's awsome...I lost 50 and got certified as a personal trainer. Did you have any surgery after the 100 lb. loss? I am hoping for a tt this summer - Suzyq

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register