Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 75 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-14-2008, 08:58 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Morning Ladies,

Thanks for the suggestions, no onions, no asparagus, but it's better this morning, and I haven't seen stitches from anywhere yet, I'll be glad when i quit checking myself constantly! I'm too chicken to check the cuff, now or later, maybe a good job for my DH! LOL

I didn't sleep well again last night either, and I'm feeling weak this morning, probably aggrivated by the fact I have to do fasting labs for another reason later this morning so I can't eat, and it's also stressing me out, so not helping my sleeping either. I won't have results till Thursday when I see a doc. Send me good thoughts!

Hope you all have a great day, off to take my DD's to school and do the errands I didn't have the energy for this weekend!
K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2008, 09:03 AM

Well, after having a few good days, AND good night's sleep, last night was bad again. Hot flashes and night sweats came back. I wonder WHY??? I have been taking my estadiol everyday around the same time and it seemed to be working beautifully. Then last night was bad and this morning I feel very, very grumpy. I was snapping at my sweet DS before he went to school. Now I want to call his school and apologize to him. Guess I'll have to wait until he gets home this afternoon, because I realize that if I call his SCHOOL and ask to speak to him so I can apologize for snapping at him, his teacher will think I'm crazy. Which I sort of feel like this morning... ugh!

I'm going to the Dr. for a post-op check tomorrow. I think it's a little early, but the Dr. is leaving for vacation this week so I'd rather see him before he leaves, rather than wait until he gets back. I have learned alot from this website about what to ask. It has been SO helpful....

I feel like going back to bed for awhile....I had so many things I wanted to do today, but I don't think any of them are going to get done now. Darn it.

Hope you guys have a better day than I'm having.....sorry to be such a downer.... I'm just getting SO tired of being tired.
Unread 01-14-2008, 09:12 AM

visted the castle on 12/18/07. Visiting again tomorrow, to adjust the bladder sling, terrified. I've had a cath since the surgery. Each wk I go in the morning to the DR to remove the cath then go back in the afternoon to see if I am retaining urine. I can only go about an ounce every 10 min. Then the put the cath back in and I average 250 - 350 ml left in the bladder. Has anyone else had to have this sling cliped or adjusted? I would jusl love to go the bathroom again. I just turned 45 and I can't imagine having a cath the rest of my life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2008, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyqsuzyq
BW- that's awsome...I lost 50 and got certified as a personal trainer. Did you have any surgery after the 100 lb. loss? I am hoping for a tt this summer - Suzyq
Nope, no surgery. In fact this TAH is the first time I've ever been hospitalized or had major surgery since I was a child (kidney issues).

It took me almost 2 years to lose the 113 lbs that I dropped. I did it with moderated eating (I never use the word "diet" ) and lots and lots of exercise. I was fortunate that because I dropped the weight so gradually, I had no excess skin, and I was young enough at the time 37, that my body reactived positively to the transformation, so no surgery was required. I've heard so many horror stories about lypo, tummy tucks, etc., that it would never be an option for me, but on the other hand, I've heard and seen a lot of positive results to know that if that's the road you want to travel, you've got an opportunity to change your life..... There's a line from a song that goes "Take a chance, grab a piece, take the time to believe. Let's start at the start and build a master piece.....your history starts now!" Kind of deep, but there's a message there.

Be kind to yourself, sisters and have a great day!
Unread 01-14-2008, 09:19 AM

Dear abclark5, I'm so sorry to hear about your predicament...I'm sending prayers of healing your way! While I didn't have the procedure that you did, I feel for you...
Unread 01-14-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyqsuzyq

I have a cuff question as well...can it take longer for the cuff to heal than the incision. I feel like internal pain like a few inches below the belly button right in the center, like where you would thing the cuff is....other than an incision pull, that is the only place that feels sore. I pee and poop fine so its not that, even if I am still flirting with a yeast infection, it wouldn't feel like that...anyone of you sisters have any insight? It's manageable with tylenol or motrin, but that seems to be the remaining most significant painful internal spot.....your thoughts????
Unless you have an unusually long vagina (I think it's only 4-5 inches) , I don't think the pain from the cuff would be at your belly button -- I read somewhere else on here that, if you have a bikini cut, only the top layer of skin is cut there, but the lower layers are cut up to your belly button (which I have yet to confirm with my doc), so that explains why I've had pains in that area.

I was told by my doc that I wouldn't pass stitches (I guess mine are dissolving in the other direction), but I have had something akin to a yeast infection. I guess it's related to healing, so I've just been wearing pantiliners.
Unread 01-14-2008, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillow1960
Well, I don't know if I did anything different or not, but I put in a lot of intense hours (more than normal) for about a month prior to the surgery. I wanted to be in the best possible shape before I went under the knife. I used to be an aerobics instructor, and I currently am just a student, but I take 4 one hour classes, plus 1 two hour class a week. On Sunday's, my husband and I mountain bike for several hours. I eat a lot of dairy (yogurt, cheese & milk), and I also walked several miles a week in addition to the aerobics.
That's admirable; I've been a Curves devotee for the past 4 years (lost over 20 lbs a couple of years ago), but my energy got so depleted from the fibroids in the past year that I couldn't do a good workout. Besides the 6 months that I was ordered to take off for my back, I couldn't even muster the energy to go for a month before my surgery. I'm looking forward to resuming workouts (albeit gently at first) when I get cleared by my doc.
Unread 01-14-2008, 10:12 AM

Just a quick note- as im in the middle of scrapbooking...SWELLY BELLY ALERT!
It is terrible today. And yesterday i just putzed about the house no overdoing it or anything ... figures the one day i was going to wear jeans this afternoon.

anyone notice this happen to them - one day its fine-the next day it looks like a balloon?...cant figure it out, and i didnt overeat yesterdday or have a bunch of salted stuff either
Unread 01-14-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit&ready
Just a quick note- as im in the middle of scrapbooking...SWELLY BELLY ALERT!
It is terrible today. And yesterday i just putzed about the house no overdoing it or anything ... figures the one day i was going to wear jeans this afternoon.

anyone notice this happen to them - one day its fine-the next day it looks like a balloon?...cant figure it out, and i didnt overeat yesterdday or have a bunch of salted stuff either
Oh yeah, mine is worse too. But then again I'm getting more sensation back, and more pain evenly across the lower abdomen. Perhaps it's partially caused by the nerves healing?
Unread 01-14-2008, 11:31 AM

Some people are swellers and some people are bleeders and some people are briusers. I don't know what you are, but I'm a sweller and the swelling does get worse with activity. Even though you don't think you did too much yesterday, it may have been more than you think. I am still wearing my abdominal support and it's a month later. I was told this can continue for up to two months after the surgery. Don't fret, just relax and do as little as you can for now. Give yourself time to heal. It'll be worth it in the end.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register