Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 78 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

I got a nap, and am heading to our local German Club meeting -- it's just starting up again, and I know several people in it -- I need to get out and see people!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2008, 08:49 PM

BW - I totally agree with the positive thinking/attitude! When people ask how I'm doing I just say "getting stronger every day". I figure they don't really want to know the details, that's why I'm glad I found this place to really tell the truth and get encouragement. I feel like me recovery has gone better than most, but not quite as good as yours. I also agree about being healthy before surgery helping. The main pro I have taken from the surgery is that I no longer drink pop (or some may call it soda out there). I used to drink diet caffeine free pepsi and love it (several a day) and since my surgery I have had nothing but water (a few cups of coffee/oj) but mainly water no pop. I feel good about this change. I haven't lost/gained any weight, originally I gained 3 then I lost 4 so it's pretty much a wash. I was really hoping to loose some.
I'm so thankful for all the posting. I don't post as much as I read but it's nice to have all you out there!
Blessings!!
Unread 01-15-2008, 12:44 AM

Wow.. i really messed up! i didn't go out and get some Unisom like I said I was going to do yesterday, and now it's 1:30am and I've been laying in bed beside dh listening to him snore for the last three hours. I just decided to get up, turn on the old computer and web surf while watching the weather channel. I've definitely GOT to go tomorrow and get either the Unisom or some Benedryl. Seems like alot of ladies use that too.

Oh well.... I need to find my positive thinking/attitude, don't I? Three weeks ago when I couldn't sleep, it hurt too much to get myself out of bed so I would've just had to lay there..... so that means I AM getting better!! :-)

I hope all you ladies are sleeping soundly....hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2008, 05:59 AM

Im dragging this morning. i go to sleep fine around 10:30 and then wake up around 3:30 for an hour or so and go back to sleep till my ds get up at 6:30.
Thank goodness ive gotten back into reading- wrapping up book eight in the Janet Evonovich series.( I was on five when i had surgery)
Does anyone know how high the number series goes before it turns into names? I see she has a new one out right now. something lucky?
Anyhow It beats tossing and turning during that hour.
Hoping belly stays down today (that really bummed me out yesterday) anyhow im off to get a haircut a bit later this morning, pick up book nine from the library and then hoping to walk tonight.
have great healing day everyone.
Unread 01-15-2008, 06:31 AM

Good morning sisters - I took a Tylenol PM last night, just one, and I slept until I went to the bathroom at 5:30 (usually waking to go at 1:30) went back to sleep until I got up to get my daughter to school at 6:30, wow!!! that was way better than the last two nights!!!!!

Actually taking my daughter to the MD at 10:00 she has a miserable sore throat. Her friend has convinced her she should have her tonsils out...i think not, for a life history of 2 sore throats...but we will see what the doc says.

Other than that it should be a quiet day...I really need to pick up the walking and now we have snow and ice on the ground. I will need to figure where I can go today to get in some walking....maybe the mall or Walmart.

Have a great day ladies....getting better all the time... - Suzyq
Unread 01-15-2008, 09:17 AM

Good morning,

We woke up to black ice and only a dusting of snow, could someone send me more??? My dd's are 2 hour delay this morning, so have yet to get in the shower. But the good news is the weather has improved my mood! I love winter, but being on the west coast, so far there hasn't been much more than rain to speak of

Hope you all have a great day, the plan is to clean my house! My dog is enjoying the frozen grass, maybe that will make her less frustrated since I can't walk her (she's german sheperd/husky, she walks me!)
K
Unread 01-15-2008, 09:25 AM

Hi folks -- I got back from my meeting last night, and felt VERY swollen -- my DH suggested I take a vicodin. I was just painful enough to go with it, and I'm glad I did. I slept better, and my abdomen was considerably less swollen when I got up. I should take it more, rather than obsess about getting addicted -- I wasn't addicted to it the last time I was on it (3 years ago, for an ear infection), so I really should be OK this time around.

Today I go to Rite Aid and look for an abdominal support thingie. DH is driving me to my L.A. rehearsal tonight, so that takes a load off my mind.
Unread 01-15-2008, 10:23 AM

Good late morning ladies-
I am just checking in as I have found something to do today that is keeping me pretty busy which is organizing our home files....oh my gosh my DH does the bills and he saves every last one of them...need to get a shreader. Anyway it is keeping me busy at least. Annie 1998 sorry you had trouble sleeping last night...I don't sleep at all if I don't take tylenol PM wish I could sleep without it but so far no good. anyway just wanted to check in and say hello to my hystersisters. I hope everyone has a good pain free/no swellybelly day!

Deb
TAH 12/20/07
Unread 01-15-2008, 10:34 AM

I had my hysterectomy on 12/17/07, everything remove except one ovary, I went home on 12/18, got the flu and bronchitis on 12/20, This week of 1/13 is the first week I am feeling 85% better. Beside the flu and the bronchitis I have had no complications from the hysterectomy. So 4 weeks later life is pretty good.
Unread 01-15-2008, 10:44 AM

You poor thing! How hideous to get the flu and bhronchitis after major surgery! I'm so glad to hear you're on the mend and feeling okay from surgery!

Have a great day.
K

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register