Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 82 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

mollief, I'm sorry you and husband are having a hard time, feeling like you're stuck inside doesn't help the isolated feelings either. My DH and I have had "issues" about him getting any for years, I don't know why for men it's all about that, when for me if he doesn't talk to me during the day, doesn't hug me and let me feel I'm loved, the last thing I want to do is put out!

Did you lose your ovaries? Are you on HRT? Either way, the hormonal swings can be a killer, please be kind to yourself, you're not pitiful, you've been through a lot. We all have days that are worse than others, there's so much to this hysto thing we didn't know baout before surgery.

Most important, you are not alone! There's always somebody here to talk to, and even if you just read and don't reply, hearing other women's stories and realizing you're not so different after all is a huge blessing! Do you have friends you can call, or family close by? Some days I feel like a pain in the neck, but calling someone and just knowing they care gets me through the day, if not, coming on here and knowing I'm not alone, even if you all live miles and miles away, helps. I work from home, so I don't get to see people unless I go seek them out, and most days I don't have the energy for that these days!
Hang in there,
K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2008, 09:49 AM

mollief so sorry you are going through relationship problems right now on top of dealing with your hormones and healing.
Thank goodness my dh and i are in a good place right now, but we've been in your shoes. We been together 26 years and our kids are older- so we have more time to focus on just us now. And it really helps.
Could you try little cuddling on the couch with him knowing it could end with outerplay might help you to reconnect a bit?
Unread 01-16-2008, 10:14 AM

Hi Ladies, I went to work yesterday for a three hour seminar and we only had a 5 min break every hour. I then went to have lunch with a co worker. came home checked a few files here at home and then DH came home to meet the bus with DS I made supper early so we could all sit in the living room to watch Idol....DS loves it and laughs his butt off. I love to see him laugh so hard. By the time it ended the day caught up with me. Glad i had some left over darvocet because I did need it last night. Did not even wake up until 9 DH and DS were gone.....my golden woke me up needed to go potty. anyway hope everyone has a good day.... and I am praying for those who are having a rough time physically and emotionally. Please be kind to yourselves, This to Shall Pass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2008, 11:40 AM

LilWho
I had a TLH, kept the ovaries, on 12/18. This week I have been feeling pretty good physically and finally mentally. I had an episode towards the end of last week that caught me off guard. It was on my right side shooting down to Va ja ja. Lasted about 20 minutes. I grabbed my small pillow they gave me at the hospital to put counter pressure and also pulled out the heating pad. I haven't had it since- thank goodness. Hopefully, you will get your questions answered soon.

I was also having issues with cold flashes during the day and then had night sweats. Those for the most part have gone away, except the other morning I woke up at 430 all sweaty. I have had two really good nights of sleep this last week. The last few have been pretty rough. Up and down from 1:00 on. My doctor told me to give it another week or two and that too shall pass. I hope she's right. At one time in my life, I was out as soon as my head hit the pillow and slept til the alarm clock went off. I'd like to be that way again soon.

I can tell I am doing a lot better especially when my DH says that he can tell a difference in my overall outlook on life.
Unread 01-16-2008, 11:45 AM

I had the night sweats as well for about 2 weeks. Your doctor is right, its been four weeks now and I am back to my old sleeping habits.
Unread 01-16-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenrn
It was on my right side shooting down to Va ja ja.
Va ja ja? That's great! I've learned more new names for my privates since starting down this road! LOL!

When DH and I were learning how to use a female cath kit a couple of years ago, the nurse wasn't even using the right names, she'd hem and haw, and I'd come back with the right names! I asked, "what does it say when I use the medical names, and you don't?" She told me that most patients don't usually understand it when they use medical terms; ex. for clitoris, they call it "the little man in the boat". Then when I was in the hospital, my nurse told me to make sure my gown covered my "hoo-hoo" so it didn't get cold.

As Reader's Digest says, it pays to enrich your word power!
Unread 01-16-2008, 01:16 PM

"the little man in the boat" is the funniest thing I've ever heard! Thanks for the laugh!
Unread 01-16-2008, 02:23 PM

Good afternoon ladies- I am sorry that some of you are dealing with emotional issues/husband issues. It's hard enough to get through this without all having to deal with additional problems. I have a sick teenager home again today with a fever/cough etc.....I so hope that I don't end up getting that. We sat down last night and watched American Idol last night and laughed like we never laughed before....it hurt so much but was worth it. I too get the shooting pain in my Va ja ja aka "vagina" what is up with that....I also get a sharp pulling pain on my right side too sometimes....anyone get that to??? It's wierd....I can feel so good for a day or two and then I have a bad day. Guess it's the 2 steps forward and 1 back thing that everyone talks about. take care and have a good day!

Deb
TAH 12/20/07
Unread 01-16-2008, 03:07 PM

yes some of us are dealing with dh issues,,you know some men want to be the baby ,,one good thing without him i wouldnt have insurance ..i have dealt with it before and after surgery so its ok ,i keep my spirits up ,and trying to heal the best i can ,taking it easy so if stuff doesnt get done oh well ,I Just Had Major Surgery,
Unread 01-16-2008, 03:08 PM

Hey girls, anyone having the vaginal pain with or without cervix? I'm not sure it matters. I lost mine, so wondering if I have new fun to look forward too. I have the right side pain you talked about HysterNurseDeb - sort of feels like something is caught in there and pulling on something else, when I asked my doc, he said it's nerves waking back up (note I said he's a he, so he's obviously never felt it - but he's awesome, so I hope he's right!) What's with the crampy back paan that's all too reminiscent of PMS????
K

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register