Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 83 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

I get something akin to sharp pains, which aren't horrible, and are followed by a great big FART. So it's my intestines realigning, heh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2008, 03:45 PM

the pain I get is in the groin area. And I think i ask this before and got no responce- but ill try again.
does anyone get like a... oh this is embarrasing... a heavyness in the rectum area after sitting awhile?

both questions are on my list for dr. tomorrow too.
Unread 01-16-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Who
Hi all! I'm new to this board so please forgive me if I am going about this the wrong way. My surgery was on 12/20. No incision and kept my ovaries.
This past Monday I went back to work (had to) and it was very difficult. Yesterday much better, today so so. Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone at this stage is getting occaisional shooting pain in your lower abdominal area? My follow up with the doctor is this Saturday and I will ask her but was hoping in the mean time, was really hoping to get some advice from you all.
Thanks!
Similar to you I had my TVH on 12/19, kept ovaries, and still am having pains. The aching pain is tolerable and per my Nurse's suggestion I'm still on my motrin 800 to help with swelling. I did however take 1 Tylenol 3 yesterday as I felt particularly sore and was having those sharp pains. I haven't taken the tylenol for almost a week now.

DH and I went to Riverdance last night but only ended up staying for the first half as I started to get sore sitting there. I don't go back to work until 1/28, so I'm hoping I can tolerate sitting by then. I have an hour long commute each way and sit at a desk all day so am a little concerned. I can usually only handle about an hour of sitting right now before I get really sore.

Is everyone back to driving? I've driven the kids to the bus stop a couple of times, but can feel a strain sitting upright. My girlfriends and I are planning a much needed dinner and movie for this weekend so it will be fun to get out and see them, but I'm not planning to drive myself yet and probably no vino at dinner either.

My bladder is also really tender still. Kind of a sore feeling which is more intense when I go pee. Doesn't feel like it's an infection in the tract or anything, just a heightenend sore sense of my bladder. Anyone else feeling this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2008, 03:58 PM

I'm driving, but not beyond a certain perimeter. Doing things in my valley, but beyond that I let DH drive. Had to go to L.A. last night, DH drove me. Good call, cuz I fell asleep on the way back.
Unread 01-16-2008, 04:05 PM

Hello Ladies,

I said a week ago that I was looking forward to finally doing a positive post....yeah!* The day has come that I don't feel totally rotten! Of course it fell on my doctor's appointment, isn't that the way it always is?

Has anyone else been released to using their own best judgement? Other than no lifting and no going back to work until I'm ready to deal with it, DR. said to start getting back to normal life. Just listen to my body and not overdo it, was his advise.

So this may be TMI, but DH will be interested in whether that means ok to have sex again. Sad to say, but I was more interested in when I could take a bubbly bath.....I didn't even ask about sex. So I'm taking that as I'm not quite ready yet. But in case I change my mind, anyone been released on sex yet? My MD said I don't have to come back for a year....that will be too long to wait to get this question answered and I don't really want to leave him a voice mail on this one.* Can you imagine the call back?* *

TAH on 12/21/07
Unread 01-16-2008, 04:25 PM

I had my best day ever (post-op) yesterday. I felt great emotionally and physically even though I noticed a lot of swelling in my belly. Then around midnight I began having pains in my abdomen like someone had kicked me! I endured without any Davocet...I have a few put away for emergencies. I drove into Houston for my first post-op appointment this morning. The dr. removed the lap stitches....OOWWWW.....and the exam was extremely painful, not the vaginal part but the abdominal exam. I cried, and I NEVER cry due to pain. The dr. said that the vaginal cuff is healing great and that he couldn't feel any mass, then said if I'm still having any pain on Monday to call and make appt. to come in right away. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with bladder problems because I don't feel that my bladder empties completely now. I've had UTI's for years and don't have any of the usual symptoms, but the dr. ordered ua and cbc to check that out.
When I got home I decided my pain was emergency quality and I took a Darvocet. I'm going to bed early and hoping for a good day tomorrow for all of us.

Texoma2
Unread 01-16-2008, 04:31 PM

BTW, KHltd, I had lots of questions for the doctor and didn't ask any due to the painful exam. He released me to go back to my GYN unless I have continued pain for the next few days. He did say that I can start driving and doing regular things gradually, but didn't say anything about sex and I didn't think to ask!
Unread 01-16-2008, 05:17 PM

Texoma2: Did you lose your ovaries? Are you on HRT?
I kept one ovary, the other seems to be taking up the slack, as I haven't had any more night sweats or hot flashes since week 2 postop.
Thanks for the Angel...you are sweet...and everyone's words of encouragement. I've never done the "chat" thing before, but this has been my lifeline. Thanks for being here!
Unread 01-16-2008, 05:55 PM

Mollief, I had everything removed and I'm taking Estrace. I was having night sweats even though my hormone levels were good. My doctor said I wasn't premenopausal yet and the levels didn't indicate that it would happen anytime soon. So...not sure why I was having night sweats but they were awful and I'm thankful they're gone.
You're welcome for the angel! I feel like this website is a Godsend. I don't post much either, but I have found a lot of comfort and reassurance in reading everyone else's. Let me know how you are doing.
Unread 01-16-2008, 06:26 PM

Has anyone used the SwellyBelly Band?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register