Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 86 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Feel like crap some days?

Well I tell ya I think I am ok one day and then sleep all the next day. My sugars even on the insulin I came home on from Castle with now added to my 1000 Metformin 2X's a day and Lantus Insulin by injection at night 18 units. Anyhow my Sugars were still outta control no matter what I ate or did....Finally realized the Elixer I was on Vicadone and Liq Tylenol has CORN SYRUP!!!!! So no more of that!!!
Now just taking extra strength Tylenol pills. Well I too have the back ache...No pulling sensations on right, But still dealing with the Serous drainage, They gave me an Antibiotic just in case but said drainage is very normal and that if I didnt have that it could have gone into an abcess. But the drainage is much less now. Still no smell but due to the antibiotic I got a vaginal infection not really up inside but just down there on the outside so they prescribed me a cream. I guess it just all takes time for us to heal. I still walk like a penguin. Showering is still an ordeal I get real tired by the time I get done but being clean feels good after being in the Castle and not showering for 2 weeks uck!!! Well guess thats about it....Hope all are feeling good as time goes on. Hugs to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Morning all,

I woke up feeling good again this morning (3 days running!), thought I looked better too, until I went to the grocery store and a lady told me I looked terrible! So much for my self-esteem! Oh well, what does she know?

Is anyone else a little nervous about sex after surgery? I'm not cleared yet, and I'm hoping it's better, but I have a cuff and I'm wondering if that effects anything, anyone heard anything good?

Hope you all have a great day without swelly belly and pains.
K
Unread 01-17-2008, 10:44 AM

Kristen, from what I've read, everything stretches. So, there shouldn't be any problems. Go slow, use lube whether you think you need it or not, and try to have fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2008, 10:48 AM

Thanks! It was always painful before since my bladder had cemented to my cervix from c-sections - not a nice feeling, so I'm hoping it will be more fun! My HD is hoping so too!
Unread 01-17-2008, 10:51 AM

Oooh. Poor thing! Yeah, I bet it'll be much more fun for you now.

My Dr won't release me until 8 weeks are up, to be ultra-safe. Dh's counting down the days, you can be sure! LOL
Unread 01-17-2008, 11:17 AM

Ok...so I thought I was the only one whos hubby is counting down the days. He thinks he is going to burst...we have tried a little play time but I get so tired...the poor thing. isn't there a saying that absence makes the heart go fonder...maybe it will be fun!! sorry TMI

anyway take care ladies we are closer to being healed every day.

Deb
TAH 12/20/07
Unread 01-17-2008, 12:34 PM

I have the cuff too and didn't really think about it much (the surgery was so sudden) but my doctor has said I'm cleared as of 6 weeks (29th)...he kept assuring me I would enjoy it and to not hesitate or put it off because of nerves. I'm a little nervous but cannot wait either...I'm the one getting "itchy" as we refer to it in my house!
Unread 01-17-2008, 01:02 PM

I am wondering and this is TMI, since there is now a ceiling per say, will it give if it isn't um.. not deep enough?
Unread 01-17-2008, 01:14 PM

Good question, Gina. I would also be interested in this reply. I am at the end of my 4th week of recovery and looking forward to going back to work next week. I feel good and am going out walking everyday now, as well as cooking and cleaning around the house (still no vacuuming or lifting heavy things).
I just realized sitting here that last week would have been my PMS week and this week would have been my regular cycle. I cannot express my joy and thankfulness to God and modern medicine for the relief I now feel. It's incredible. For 35 years I struggled with pain, heavy bleeding and embarrassment around this part of my life and I never have to again. It is simply AMAZING!!!!

Lee
Supracervical Hysterectomy (kept ovaries and cervix) 12/19/2007
Unread 01-17-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio61
I am wondering and this is TMI, since there is now a ceiling per say, will it give if it isn't um.. not deep enough?
Well, the va-ja-ja was designed to stretch to pass more than that ...so I'm sure it can stretch enough during a hot beef injection, just take it easy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register