Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 12-25-2007, 12:56 PM
SURGERY ON DEC 18th too

Hello there sorry to hear your recovery isn't going too smoothe,..I had surgery same day felt better when I got home and took out my foley catheter, lots of gas and pressure and I didn't have my first BM til Saturday and that was after alot of stool softeners, and I took the advice of eating Grape nuts in the morning with orange juice glass and have had bm's every morning that way...I don't have an apetite much because of the constant gas and pressure on my stomach, I stopped the pain meds they only made me more constipated and gas so if you can tolerate without pain meds try it maybe once you have a bm you might feel so much better...I used a heating pad for my tummy and it helped too. Anyway I hope you feel better and see if your dr can let you take Colace stool softener or something to help you..best wishes it will get better
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Chant1979
Ok so here I am...I had mine on the 18th...I can't sleep, it hurts to bm and my pee is cloudy. So with all this said I found this forum. I am still taking pain meds at night. Some days I am good to get out of bed others i just want to be left alone. will keep you updated..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-25-2007, 01:08 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Ann you just talked about me yesterday, while they left my overies all I did was cry yesterday. We had our family dinner at my moms on sunday because she wanted to go to church christmas eve and before my surgery my husband thought he would have to work monday night until 8:00pm so it seemed better to move it all. Then once he was off work due to my surgery my mom still wanted to do the church thing so we left our family gathering for sunday night. In my 33 years of life I do not think I have ever had a christmas eve that I did nothing. Growing up I went to 1 if not 2 sets of grandparents that night and it was always a big gathering. Since my grandparents have passed away and the only close family is my mom we do dinner at her house and open 1 present and anyone who has no place to go christmas eve comes over. It hit me bad yesterday so I locked myself in my room so I was not a downer to my kids and husband. Around 7:00 last night I came downstairs and we watched a movie, I had to force myself to stay down here not crying and try to enjoy my family. Its now noon on chrstmas day and I just sent my 9 and 4 year old off with Nana and Papa for who knows how long, I am tired, sore as heck and just could not cope. Me and the couch are about to spend some one on one time. Ok enough of my whining, just wanted you to know you are not alone, I thought I would be great having surgery when I did so I had help with kids ect but I am an emotional wreck! Sorry for typos, just don't care atm
Unread 12-25-2007, 01:44 PM

Ann One Day at a Time......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-25-2007, 04:07 PM

Hey, all.....
Thanks for the encouragement - I jsut am not used to not doing anyting - so when my DH was in the shower, I scrubbed the kids' tub out with bleach. I KNOW I should just sit, but when i do, all I want to do is cry. I'm glad the doc said absolutely NO driving for 2 weeks - i will then wait about 2 1/2 weeks before I go back to work, even thought I prob could go earlier.
Anyhow, gonna sit down and eat either Chinese or a sub from Sheetz for dinner, whatever my dh can find for dinner. Big whoopy. Froz pizza for lunch - at least I can keep anything and everything down!
I'm glad to hear that others feels as crappy as I do - just my hormones playing havok, I guess.
Unread 12-25-2007, 04:21 PM

Ann - I am sorry to hear that you are feeling so crappy. I had my crappy day yesterday, spent most of the day in bed and I would text message my 16 year old daughter from the basement when I needed something. Just let others help you and don't do any house work......this is your time to just veg out and let someone else do the work...the bath tub can wait or someone else can do it. Play a board game in bed with your 9 and 4 year old they might enjoy it as long as you are feeling ok.

Take care of yourself
Deb
TAH 12/20/07
Unread 12-25-2007, 04:43 PM

I had my surgery on the 18th, TAH. Everyday I feel a little better. I sent to a friends house for xmas yesterday and did just fine. Only taking tylenol for pain and it seems to work. My belly is quite big though.
Unread 12-25-2007, 04:44 PM

Ann no cleaning no cleaning I dont know how you did it....my incision is from hip to hip cant even walk without feeling my stuff is going to fall out let alone bend over a bathtub.....anyone having tastebuds out of whack....chinese sounds good....
Unread 12-25-2007, 05:14 PM

Greetings Everyone! ~AliceInWonderland~ reporting in from the Castle! Exactly one week today post-op, feeling great, TAH and TT - I am hoping to get the stitches and drains out Thursday.

I was in surgery for 4.5 hours, recovery for 2.5 hours - I actually made it out of the hospital a day early...(which was a HUGE blessing - my "roommate" who had the same surgeries was sweet, her very large family was very inconsiderate! )

I have made it up and down the stairs with no problems, HOWEVER - hubby says I am "whimpering" in my sleep. I don't go back to work until Jan, 22, but I have grad school starting up again Jan 7 - need support for that! I am slightly freaked about where I will get the stamina for school!

Love and hugs to all my 18th sisters - (and EVERYONE here!)

This site has been such a blessing!

THANKS!

~AliceInWonderland~
Unread 12-25-2007, 05:52 PM

I think, for me anyway, that the emotionalism of coming off the surgery has coincided with the emotionalism of the holiday. I was sad last night because I couldn't be singing at church like I do every year. Then I cried today because my deviled eggs weren't turning out right, I think they got overdone.

I was going to try to go to my in-laws with my husband tomorrow, since his sister is in the state, but can't come here (brake problems, plus her daughter is allergic to dogs). I'm not sure I'm going to make it though.
Unread 12-25-2007, 06:05 PM

just got off the phone with on call dr. I am running low grade fever. I have to go in tomorrow just to be sure. She thinks I may be starting a uti. JOY!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register