Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 91 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-18-2008, 01:24 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

After 3 really good days, today isn't so good. I didn't know what you all were talking about with vaginal pain...until today - ouch. I can deal with that, it seems the day to day stress of normal life that I generally deal with really well, can be positive about just about anything, really has me by the tail today and I feel like I'm at the limit of what I can take. Nothing I've never dealt with before, same old stress, different day, so why do I want to go to bed and cry? I feel like a big baby! Which makes it worse because I'm mad at myself for being such a ninny.

Sorry about the whine, and no cheese to go along...
K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2008, 02:14 PM

I knew today was going to be a bad one. I had another night of tossing and turning....it's been a week since I've had a good night's sleep and it's starting to get to me. After talking with my mom, who is a nurse, I realized that taking Tylenol PM is NOT the thing to do for me. I didn't realize that benedryl is what makes it "PM". I can't take benedryl because it makes me hyper instead of relaxing me. No wonder I would wake up at 2AM feeling like I had been drinking Red Bulls right before I went to bed!! ugh!

SO.... I called my doc to see if he could prescribe me some Ambien or something. His office girl told me that he had just left today for Mexico and that only his nurse could call me in anything, but she wouldn't be in the office until Monday. So I was out of luck! double ugh!! SO... I called my family doctor to see if HE would call me in something. His office girl put me on hold for 15 MINUTES and i hung up deciding that it just wasn't meant for me to get a prescription today.

SO... I went to Walgreens and thought I'd just get some Unisom. No dice. The active ingredient in Unison and ALL the other over-the-counter sleep aids is.......<drum roll please> ... BENEDRYL!! DARN IT!!

SO..... i just went to get a manicure, stopped by the grocery store... then hit the liquor store and got a nice Shiraz for the evening. Maybe a glass of wine will relax me enough to sleep tonight. DH is still on tour.... I'm ready for him to come home. Whine, Whine, Whine.....

Sorry! Thanks for llistening....
Unread 01-18-2008, 02:58 PM

I was not prepared for the amount of up and down I would feel, either (TAH/RSO). I'm know having headaches and insomnia, which has never been my problem! So, lastnight I was up about 4 hours with headache...lingers this afternoon...had a meltdown at the DMV getting my son's driver's license first thing this morning...that's a Kodak moment...the meltdown wasn't with my DS, though, but the ladies behind the counter...one actually said to me, "My, you've got yourself worked up into quite a mood, don't you"...talk about red cheeks and frustration! I dropped the F bomb in the car after it was all over (I never do that, either!)...I may not be ready for public, yet...makes me nervous about coworkers and church members (500 of them), when I head back! Thanks for being my sounding board...it's odd how open I have been with deep dark stuff with total strangers on this site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2008, 03:03 PM

Annie1998
I am so sorry that the Tylenol PM is not working for you and it is terrible that some MD can't seem to help you get a script. My friend told me that there is a homeopathic/herb medication that you find by the vitamins that is suppose to be great for sleep....sorry I can't remember the name of it for the like of me you might also find it at a health foods store. I would ask the pharmacist and maybe they could help with something. It's terrible to think of you waiting for some sleep until Monday. Can you call your primary MD and have the nurse talk to him/her and call you back rather than wait on the phone???
I had a good day....went to a friends house and did scrapbooking until about 3....nice to have something to get out and do. Now she and I are on a mission and plan to have a day of scrapbooking again tomorrow when our daughters are in dance class. anyway I wanted to check in talk later.

Deb
TAH 12/20/07

P.S. I think I might try the countdown calender for my husband he'll think it's pretty funny...he can't believe that we talk about sex..he told me I better not post anything about him....to late.
Unread 01-18-2008, 03:22 PM

Hi Everybody,

I'm having a crappy day too but I have to say this site cheers me up!! It's not a matter of misery loving company; it's a matter of how y'all describe things!
Mollief: I've had the same thought about not being ready for public! Even though I think my moods are pretty mild I've considered the fact that I'm ALONE about 18 hours a day!
Deb: I got a good laugh about your husband's warning and the "too late" comment, thanks!
Who knew this surgery would be such a complicated ordeal?
Unread 01-18-2008, 03:30 PM

You girls do make me smile, thanks, I needed that today!
Unread 01-18-2008, 04:08 PM

Girls - I am ashamed - but I have gotten behind on reading the posts. Things were going so well for me! Yesterday I had my 4 week checkup - released to drive -but nothing else yet. Restrictions on weight lifting pushing pulling etc. until 6 wks.

NEW SYMPTOM - Please help.

Has anyone had problems with numbness, tingling, blisters on feet? I noticed this on Tues - thought it was from wearing an old pair of shoes -threw out the shoes Tues night. First have a blister like red looking bump on toe on my left foot. Then I get one on my Big toe with another pimple looking bumps. Original places almost look like burns. Didnt ask OB/GYN about them yesterday - because I thought I only had one place on my foot and thought it was the shoes. Now I have it on my right foot too! Noticed last night in bed how tender and sore my toes were just touching the sheets - moving my feet hurt - they are numb and cold almost like I have been outside for a long time.

I soaked my feet this morning to make sure they were good and clean -put some Athletes feet creme on them - and some powder in my shoes today.

My toes are so swollen they feel and look like they could bust. It hurts to walk -

Have any of the rest of you had this? I am in a PANIC because I leave for vacation tomorrow. I can't imagine what this is. I have waited too long to call Dr office now.....

Hope my hyster systers can help.> Sorry for long post!
Unread 01-18-2008, 04:10 PM

susyq- i have the one, two and three mile walk away the pounds dvds. and my dr. told me i could walk as much as i wanted and as fast as i felt comfortable going. i would just try one and if its too much- go at your own pace. But at least you will be up and about.
I took ds for paint - hes redoing his bedroom, then went to the gym. I did 20 min on the treadmill and 20 on the eliptical today at the gym. i am feeling it tonight already- but in a good way. we will see how i feel tomorrow.
deb- too funny on dh's comments. he has no clue what we all discuss on this site does he?
Unread 01-18-2008, 04:11 PM

Mollief: I had many a day that I dropped the "F bomb" llike it was going out of style which was also very unusual for me. That has finally subsided. Thank goodness. I thought maybe I should go live with the sailors there for awhile.

HysterNurseDeb: Glad to hear the scrapbooking is going well. I am 3 1/2 years behind. I did 15 pages last week in my DD's book and then got overwhelmed when I had to go in search of pictures from the last couple of years. So I have taken a break from that and started some embroiderywork for a church project.

This week I finally feel "normal' for the most part. I have recently started having some bladder spasms, which I haven't had since two days after they took out the catheter. My lower left incision still has part of the stitch sticking out and so it is still open a bit, not as much as it was, still drains some. The right one has finally closed- yeah!!!

Today I ran a few errands and had my mammogram done. This was my baseline mammogram and so she asked if I was nervous. I told I had a hysterectomy a month ago, that made me nervous, this should be a piece of cake. She then proceeds to ask me if there is any chance that I could be PG. I said no, not at all, then she started laughing and apoligized'. She was felt bad. No big deal it's their routine questioning!
Have a good evening ladies.
Unread 01-18-2008, 04:28 PM

Vacation Diva - I would get to an ER or a walk in center before you go on vacation. I am not a medical person but you can get a yeast infection on your feet, or what if its a staff infection? I don't know but if they are swollen and it hurts to walk, it will mess up your vacation.... - Suzy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register