Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 - Page 98 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

Unread 01-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 17-Dec 24,2007

I guess that is one of the bigger differences from a TLH vs. TAH is the swelly belly. I have a swelly belly, but had it long before surgery, so I can't use that as an excuse! darn!!

I fianally clipped the stitch that was sticking out through my left lower incision a couple days ago. The incision is now closing up. Today the right one that has a pin hole opening in it started draining a little bit of blood- go figure!
Glad to hear everyone is starting to be out and about a bit, one step closer to normal! Sweet Dreams!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2008, 08:42 PM

Suzyq - thanks for the warning on Cloverfield. My DH gets bad motion sickness after a coaster ride followed by a race car simulation in Vegas a few years back. He races motocross and is a "big tough guy" but bouncy movies and amusement rides totally still get him!!

I've been a baby all day today after my fun night out with the girls. Those margaritas with dinner made me sick all through the night. Eventhough I took a pain pill 9 hrs before dinner and thought it would be out of my system, I think it still didn't mix well. At about 3am I finally took an ambien to try and sleep through the nausea. Luckily I was able to sleep in today and was so lazy I didn't get in the shower until 5pm, made dinner, and had major crampy/aching in my lower abdomen so popped both pain pills.

I can't believe I'll be preparing to return to work this time next week! Im trying not to panic. The thought of living life from under my covers in bed is much more appealing than the thought of driving an hour+ in traffic each way, dealing with the parking garage, meetings, emails, catch-up work, battling traffic to get to daycare in time, running to sports/hobbies, dinner, ahhhh! Did I really do all this before?!!

I think my life has needed some new prioritizing for a while. This will be a great time to re-enter it with a fresh look. I think that maybe when things get stressful, im gonna try picturing Bobby McFarren singing around the room. There's no way to stay stressed with that song playing!! Ha!

I hope everyone has a good night and I look forward to reading all the new posts tomorrow!
Unread 01-20-2008, 09:28 PM

mmrl - my DH is a big tough guy like yours, but the starwars ride at Disneyland completely undid him! He walked out green, but my 8 year old loved it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2008, 10:03 PM

Oh my, I just re-read my post and I sound like a "pill popper"!! Im pretty much the opposite, so thought I'd better make a note!!

And Kristen - yep, when we went to Disneyworld last year my DH steared clear of all the rides. Whereas I was riding the coaster with our DS one after the other. I had a broken foot, and we had the handicap no-wait pass, which was awesome!
Unread 01-20-2008, 10:17 PM

m - you don't sound like a pill popper! I've been dying to have a glass of wine, but been too chicken (not sure if it will help or hurt the mood swings!), and on the fence about whether to take pain pill these days or not (does discomfort instead of pain warrant it?) , I'm sorry you got sick!

I almost envey you all going back to work, the drawback of working for myself is I don't HAVE to leave the house (though these days it's a good thing!) The only time I see other people is at the store, or when I pick my kids up from school. I have great friends, but I'm the only one who works, though I think I'd really love to try this lady of leisure thing full time
K
Unread 01-21-2008, 07:42 AM

Waking up to the Monda of potentially my last week at home, and I haven't accomplished much of what I thought I might. Perspective of pre vs. post op I guess! Insomnia problems again last night. I wish that would level out...
Wish I didn't feel so old...during the recovery, my "baby" has turned 13 and my oldest got his driver's license (talk about a sick feeling when he pulled out of the driveway solo yesterday!)...now hormonal, dry, wrinkly, etc. I need a pick-me-up, but I don't know what it should be. I saw 27 dresses Saturday, it was cute, but given my mood, probably not the best choice...if only real life imitated art!
Oh well, Have a good day, ladies...I'll be around for a while yet, too!
Unread 01-21-2008, 07:52 AM

My positive thoughts for the day on ageing......if you are short ( I am 5ft. 2 ins.) things can only droop so much less than on a tall person..... if you never have sex again....no one will ever know how we wrinkle both inside and outside.... we can blame every hissy fit on menopause.....I will no longer kill for chocolate the third week of every month....

I will learn to love my body inside and out, no matter what it looks like, respecting the miracle of the things it has done and can do, I will respect my life as a woman and appreciate the trails blazed by all the women who came before me, and will do the best I can to take care of myself and be a role model to the women who come after me....there is beauty and dignity post hyst.... we just need to let ourselves see it (and a good sense of humor can't hurt).....OK I will get off my soap box now.....later sisters.... - Suzyq
Unread 01-21-2008, 07:59 AM

I've got another two weeks to go and although I enjoy my job and miss the people I work with, I can't believe I will be able to get up and dash out to work then. I love my mornings in my pjs.
Mollief, I'm like you. I had big plans on what I was going to accomplish in my 6 weeks off. I guess I didn't count on recupperating would take so long. I turned 50 this summer and my babies are away at university. Guess how old I feel!
Unread 01-21-2008, 08:12 AM

I'm holding on to the last week before I go back to work. Even though I work from home, I dread the stress. My cohorts started calling me at the end of week 3/start of week 4 asking work related questions. At first it was OK, the questions required answers from my brain but then they wanted me to start looking at documents, etc. and I had a melt down. I quit picking up their calls. Behind the scenes I have stayed on top of the email, etc. but I have not responded. I keep giving myself pep talks that its going to be like a new job when I go back. I should be fresh with a new attitude.

Good luck to all of you heading back!
Unread 01-21-2008, 08:33 AM

I wish I had found this group before my surgery. As it is, I floundered through and the posts have made me feel like a human again! I am having night sweats and chills.. great fun. I am driving and feeling fine, just easily tired and very bored, lol! I had a TVH on Dec 18th. I have a couple of question that I hope you can help me with. I am still needing to wear a light pad for drainage. Is this normal? And I am terrified to have the big O and I have nightmares about sex after my next dr appt (next week). Any advice or information would be appreciated.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register