Painful sex post-op - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Painful sex post-op Painful sex post-op

Unread 12-28-2007, 09:56 PM
Painful sex post-op

You are wonderful. I will research it myself but that makes so much sense. I will talk to my Dr. about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2007, 10:13 PM
Painful sex post-op

I am discovering so much about hormonal balance and imbalance now, that it is just amazes me that none of my doctors ever once mentioned that might be part of my problem. Don't get me wrong, I needed the hysterectomy, and I am oh so glad I did it. But hey, so many of my other health problems were due to too much estrogen at one point of my cycle, and too much progesterone at another - with deficit of the other to top it all off. I was never taught about the true rolls of these two hormones. It is only now, that I realize how much they do for the body, and how important it is to find the right delivery system (pill or cream etc) that works for me with HRT.

But anyway, I was so afraid of ending up with too much estrogen, that I have been taking too little. The burning tissue around the vagina, especially with soap - not enough estrogen; the dryness and 'shrinkage' of the vagina - not enough estrogen....it goes on. Symptoms that I just couldn't understand now make a lot of sense. And what is worse, I asked my doctor if the never ending yeast infection and burning where due to low estrogen - I get told no. Ummmm, ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really wonder how we, as women have survived all these years with our doctors not listening to us, and understanding themselves how a woman's body works. I am not saying all doctors are like this, but it sure seems like most are. Oh well, we have learned to be our own best advocates, and it is sites like this one that allow us to live better, healthier, happy lives. WE DON'T HAVE TO SUFFER!

The one thing that I wish for each and every one of us, is that we stand up for ourselves and make sure we get the best care that we need to live our lives as healthy and happy as we can - we deserve it!
Unread 12-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Painful sex post-op

I am working with my homopath on hormone replacement, we are building up my adrenals to increase their production of estro. and testo. and my brain produces progest. I am also adding Progest. and testo. creams topically. The testo. cream put on the clit will help with the sex drive.
I am also working with vaginal weights to build up my PC muscle to prevent the bladder issues and to enhance blood flow to the vagina that will help with the sex life. I do not want to add extra estrogen-especially for it tendence to cause weight gain. I believe it is why I could not lose weight before my hyster. I have lost 25 lbs since surgery and I do not want it back.
I have got a lot of stretching to full accomidate my DH but we are working on it. Never will quit. TAH/BSO

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register