Bladder Problems hard time fully voiding! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder Problems hard time fully voiding! Bladder Problems hard time fully voiding!

Unread 12-17-2007, 05:21 PM
Bladder Problems hard time fully voiding!

I am 6 months post op... I just got back from a bladder void test. On a full bladder I had a 400 cc void in the hat and felt empty so went back to the room and with in 10-15 min the OB took a 750 cc catheter urine removal, not good!!! I have been referred to a urologist! I hope it can be fixed with training and NO MORE SURGERY!! I had bladder surgery in July along with my TAH/BSO.. Anyone else have post op bladder issues?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2007, 06:26 PM

I'm suspicious that my bladder doesn't fully empty either since I go every 2-3 hours day and night. I do drink almost nothing but coffee and lots of water, but still...

Many, many years ago I had numerous UTI's and went to a urologist for them. He said I had a short urethra and did a non-surgical outpatient procedure (I can't remember what the heck he called it) to widen it to help me completely void my bladder. It worked for a long, long time.
Unread 12-17-2007, 06:43 PM

Nice to hear from you... Wow, thats good news, I did hear of that years ago now that I think about it. I have always had a hard time sitting still long enough to fully void. I would hate to get surgery again!! Thanks Kristi! Have a Merry Christmas!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2007, 11:57 PM

Hi there,
I was just about to post something very similar. When I make an attempt to empty my bladder, when I am done I still feel like I have more urine, but it just will not come out. I felt like this for about two days post op, and have been fine, but for about two weeks now I have been feeling this way. Sometimes I just expect to pee a little, and it comes pouring out. Anyone else out there have these issues, what was done for it? What else can I do for it besides kegals. I really really wanted to be done with surgery.
Thanks
wooshmoosh
Unread 12-18-2007, 08:40 AM

One time my urine stream was not a stream at all, it went everywhere, making a urine test impossible!! I had to bring the test cup home and do it in the shower or it would have been a mess at the dr office. At that time I did have a UTI and after 5 days on the meds, I noticed mucus in my urine, it only happen a few times that day but it was A LOT the first time. My OB was confused and didnt have much to say about it, I did take a photo in case she didnt believe me. I am going to start to take cranberry pills, my OB says it my aggravate my bladder more due to the acid but if I want to try it. Plus what sent me to get a void test was I had two small dark brown tissues floating in the toilet when I used the potty, so I had to call to get something tested, again, the OB was confused as to what it would have been. She is doing a referral to the Urologist for me so I will get some answers? I HOPE!

Good luck sisters, this part of recovery is the hard part, I went to get my new HRT meds my OB put me on since the patches were giving me a rash and the were 250..00!! I cant afford that.. oh well.. called her back to get a less costly one or Ill stick to my PREMARIN..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register