The I wish they took my ovaries thread... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The I wish they took my ovaries thread... The I wish they took my ovaries thread...

Unread 12-17-2007, 11:19 PM
The I wish they took my ovaries thread...

So I am 8 months post op and I really really really wish they would have just taken my ovaries........

Anyone else having menopausal type symptoms in spite of having kept your ovaries
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2007, 11:48 PM

Hi hedz,
Another Coloradian here!

I just had my hystectomy and kept my ovaries still too soon to know if I will have these symptoms but haven't seen it very common here.

I hope you find the answers your looking for.

Unread 12-18-2007, 01:51 AM

Hi hedz,
I only had my hysterectomy 2 weeks ago, so can't say if this is a permanent situation for me; however, I kept my ovaries and I am experiencing hot flushes / night sweats. I hope it sorts itself out soon.
Have you talked with your doctor about this? Perhaps they could recommend some medication to eleviate the problem. Is removal of the ovaries an option?
Whatever happens, I hope you get some relief soon.

Snowflake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2007, 10:13 AM

Hi Hedz

I'm 3 months out and YES I wish they had taken the *******out. I was just telling another lady the same thing she had her surgery in April and had it all taken. I'm in my early 40's I don't know if I can handle this. I getting on my own nerves with all the mood swings. I feel like Sybil or somebody I can't tell who I'm going to be when I wake up and God bless the 3 men in my house that are taking this in stride. So yes I wish she had taken it all. I hate this with a passion.
Unread 12-18-2007, 04:16 PM

Hey j You would already be dealing with it, if it were going on, my hot flashes and night sweats started immediately after within days even, you are probably fine

Snowflake I talked to my doctor who did the surgery about it, and she looked at me like I was nuts, and due to the fact the I relocated recently, I will be discussing it again with my new doctor next month. Do I what I am doing when I remember to take it, is progesterone cream, I can really tell the difference if a I miss a couple of days........

They can take your ovaries out, but I don't think I'd care to go through this again, recovering from the hysterectomy was so awful, I said oooooh thank goodness this is over, when my 6 weeks were up!

Faith I am so sorry I'd tell your doctor to put you on something for now, maybe like an anti-anxiety pill or something, Paxil really helped me......... Mood swings aren't my really issue, it's night sweats and my legs ache alot, I do get weepy on occasion though....
Unread 12-18-2007, 11:01 PM

Hi hedz,
I am pleased the cream works for you, when you remember to take it...(Are we long lost siblings? I am notoriously bad at taking / using medication.)
Just out of curiosity, did / do you suffer from pain in the lower back, hip and / or thigh? I have had this problem since my operation. I was told by my nursing staff that the pain should ease with walking...I walked the length and breadth of the ward and only aggravated the situation...walking still aggravates it!

Snowflake
Unread 12-19-2007, 07:28 AM

Yea I did, I still do if I'm not good about doing the cream, it's mostly my hips and my thighs, it wakes me up in the middle of the night sometimes, I usually end up taking a hot bath and some ibuprofen to relieve it.......

Yea I'm super bad about taking medicine, and my cream sits on my night stand for pete's sake!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register