Yeast infection not going away? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yeast infection not going away? Yeast infection not going away?

Unread 12-18-2007, 09:22 PM
Yeast infection not going away?

Hi Jenn,Im on my 5th week out of surgery and my 3rd week on diflucan.Isnt it funny how we bake bread without the oven Anyways, my doc has decided to piggy back the diflucan. I took one 3days ago and I take another tomorrow. Before during and after surgery I was on STRONG antibiotics to keep MRSA at bay even though my MRSA was inactive at the time. Now Im suffering the side affects from that. A week ago I came down with a sore throat and cold and was put BACK ON keflex. It helped but it inflammed the yeast infection So far so good.. I still feel the "icky" and burn but not so bad and Im PATIENTLY waiting for tomorrow to piggy back that diflucan. It better work Ive never had a really bad yeast infection until now and its not helping me stay positive about recovery even though I know the end is near.. Besides this and a BAD fall Friday, my recovery has gone A plus Good luck to you, i am battling the same little devil.Um, I kinda feel like Im drowning myself but, do remember to drink lots of water Hope you feel better soon PM me if you come across a miricle potion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2007, 09:25 PM

So I was just reading about metrogel on google... that gel can cause a yeast infection...ugh, round and round...nightmare!
Unread 12-19-2007, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookbabe
So I was just reading about metrogel on google... that gel can cause a yeast infection...ugh, round and round...nightmare!
yes it can..whenever i've had to use metrogel, i had to take extra diflucan. its all very frustrating
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2007, 07:57 AM

Goodness, I didn't realize that so many others are dealing with this AGGRAVATING issue! I guess we all know now just how sensitive the balance is "down there". Tamara, I will let you know if I find a miracle potion, as you suggested...I sure wish there was one!!! I'm doing better as far as the discharge (there's hardly any). It's just still red, and a little itchy and burning. If it gets any worse, instead of better, I'm going to get the dr to call me in some diflucan. I definitely don't wanna be dealing with this mess during Christmas!!! How fun would THAT be (To your guests: "Um, excuse me while I go to the bathroom to vigorously scratch my insanely itching and burning vagina. Make yourselves at home!) haha Everyone have a Merry Christmas and a Yeastless New Year!!! Thanks to everyone for suggestions/advice!
~Jenn
Unread 12-20-2007, 09:29 AM

Studies show that acidophilus, a bacteria found in yogurt, effectively combats yeast. The easiest approach is to eat one cup of yogurt with "live" or "active" cultures (check the label) a day

I know that addingn acidophilus to yogurt has worked for me --

also i read where garlic-- helps. not sure -- but here is some info -- might be worth trying.......................................

A fresh garlic clove can easily cure a yeast infection. The trick is to catch the infection early. A woman who suffers from frequent yeast infections knows the feeling well. The first day, she feels just a tickle of itchiness that comes and goes. The next day, or sometimes two or three days later, the vaginal discharge starts to look white and lumpy like tiny bits of cottage cheese. By this time, she has a full-blown yeast infection and the lips of the vagina are often red and sore.

If a woman can pay attention to the first tickling of the yeast infection, she can use the following treatment. Take a clove of fresh garlic and peel off the natural white paper shell that covers it, leaving the clove intact. At bedtime, put the clove into the vagina. In the morning, remove the garlic clove and throw it in the toilet. The garlic often causes the vagina to have a watery discharge. One night's treatment may be enough to kill the infection, or it might have to be repeated the next night. Continue one or two days until all itchiness is gone. The reason that the treatment is done at bedtime is that there is a connection between the mouth and the vagina. The moment the garlic is placed in the vagina, the taste of the garlic travels up to the mouth. Most people will find this strong flavor annoying during the day, so the treatment is recommended for nighttime.

If the infection has advanced to the point that a woman has large quantities of white discharge and red sore labia, it can still be treated by garlic but with a higher dose. Use a dry tissue to remove some of the discharge, then take a clove of garlic and cut it in half. Put it in the vagina at bedtime and repeat this for a few nights. If there is no improvement, she might consider a conventional over-the-counter treatment because it is a shame to suffer for many days. Remember that a woman should never douche during a vaginal infection. Yeast loves water and any water will make it grow faster.

Any cut in the clove makes the activity of the garlic stronger. Thus, the more of the inside of the clove that is exposed, the higher the dose. Each woman should learn the dose that works best for her, from the lowest dose, an uncut clove, to a clove with one or more small fingernail slits, to a clove cut in half.

If a high dose of garlic, a cut-open garlic clove, is inserted in a healthy vagina, it will often "burn" the healthy skin. When the woman is suffering from an advanced yeast infection, the skin is already red and "burned" and the garlic cures the infection by killing the yeast. Then the skin repairs itself. By the way, veterinarians have been using garlic to heal infections in livestock for many years
Unread 12-20-2007, 04:02 PM

Well, I ended up calling the nurse today, b/c I am still itching & burning some and I don't want to have a terrible infection & not be able to get in touch with my dr's office b/c of the holidays. She called me in Diflucan, so hopefully that will help. You know what's weird though? I've had some cramping today (not much, but it does hurt) and a little pinkish-tinged discharge. I mentioned this to the nurse, and she said that I really needed to watch it, b/c I'm almost 7 weeks postop and I shouldn't be bleeding anymore (especially since the silver nitrate). I asked her if it could be from inserting the monistat, and she said it was a possibility. She said if it gets RED at all, or heavy, than to call immediately. Thanks for everyone's replies! Have a wonderful Christmas!
~Jenn
Unread 12-21-2007, 12:07 AM

Hi Jenn. I did do the piggy back Diflucan and today I HAVE RELIEF I took one[thats supposed to last 7 days] But then took another as perscribed on the 3rd day. IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to say that the worse my infection got,right towards the end, I was kinda spotting too... I didnt call my doc about it but I did chalk it up to the infection. Now that it is FINALLY going away I am having no problems except for this BLOATING AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!! Anyone have any sugesttions. It really hurts and I cant sleep.
Unread 12-21-2007, 05:11 AM

Hi Jenn0707 - it took 3 different doses of internal cream before I hope mine finally went away. My gyn prescribed me Gynazole which I guess is a newer cream and it is supposed to stay inside longer than the monistats. Within a month and a half I did two of these treatments. It would seem like it went away but then a week later my symptoms were back again. The last dose I just went to drugstore and got monistat. I felt like I was bugging my doctor and she thought I was crazy. I think I have finally gotten ride of the infection. I also take acidophilus in pill form which I hope helps. Good luck with your recovery. I know exactly how uncomfortable your feeling. PS It was 10 weeks before I was allowed to be with DH. He was very patient. Along with the yeast infection, I had some granulation (scar tissue) on my vaginal cuff that my gyn had to remove with silver nitrate. I felt much better after that healed.
Unread 12-21-2007, 05:20 AM

I called my gyn yesterday too, after taking 4 diflucan's with no relief, and they said it's ok to try otc monostat. I did last night, and I hate to jinx myself, but it feels alot better this morning! Good luck to everyone else.......let's hope we are done itching for Christmas!
Sue
Unread 12-21-2007, 05:29 AM

No itching , burning, swelling for Christmas. Sounds HEAVENLY

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register