First time relations post-op - what's normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First time relations post-op - what's normal? First time relations post-op - what's normal?

Unread 12-18-2007, 06:19 PM
First time relations post-op - what's normal?

Okay, totally embarrassed to be asking this.

I got the green light for 6 weeks as far as relations and just tried it for the first time. No pain during (what a relief), but the next day started having discomfort. I had a bit of brownish discharge, which I guess is normal (old blood), and a few spots of red blood. That is the only discharge I've had since the day of surgery. It only lasted a day, so not so bad. What bothers me is the feeling that something sharp is poking me in there. It also occasional feels like something is "dropping down" in there. Is this normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2007, 09:48 PM

I have no advice for this but I am SOOOOOO glad you posted it. I too am worried about this. I have not had a boyfriend in YEARS. Doc says "Soon you will be able to have sex again." UMMMM,well , Im even more scared now than before ........ If I ever do again , how will I deal with it? What do I expect? What can happen? I was small enough to begin with,now I have no cervix for padding H-E-L-P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 12-18-2007, 10:03 PM

Doc said its like riding a bike. UMMMM, I dont ride a bike so I dont know how to just get back on it :bigwink: Will it work right,adjust????? ARGH!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2007, 06:06 AM

I was worried, too; but I didn't notice any difference at all.
Unread 12-19-2007, 05:49 PM

Tamara Jo - I have the same worries! I am single too. I worry about the first time that will be 2 first times!! First time with someone new and the first time with new put together body parts. Yikes!! And what happens if a girl doesn't use it for a looooong time.

I wish someone who was in the same circumstnaces and then resumed realtions would post.

Starbgirl

PS - Sorry CAmich - I don't have the answer for you as you can see. We should maybe start anew thread for the other issue.
Unread 12-19-2007, 06:37 PM

CAmich - at my 6 week checkup my gyn did not give me the go ahead to have sex because I still had some staples left on the vaginal cuff. I was also battling a UTI and yeast infection. Came back 2 weeks later and she found granulation on the vaginal cuff which is like scar tissue. I was also having some pain up there and a feeling like something was up that should not be. It was uncomfortable to even sit because it felt like I was sitting on something. She removed the tissue with silver nitrate in the office. It didn't hurt to much when she did so she must of numbed me or something but that evening and the next day it was very uncomfortable. After that it started feeling better and then at 2 weeks she said everything looked good. It took another couple of weeks but finally my bladder settled down too. You might want to check with you doctor on this. I've read that the granulation is very normal. Good luck!
Unread 12-19-2007, 07:47 PM

I am so nervous.I go tomorrow for my 6wk postop.I feel great no pain or any soreness.Actually have more energy than ever.If the doctor gives me the green light to go,I am so scared of the first time.will it hurt,will there be a difference,can my husband tell a difference.will I bleed?I want to then again I don't.Am I just plain out of my mind,or is this normal?
Unread 12-19-2007, 08:02 PM

I am totally freaked out by it too, can the guy tell the difference down there? Will it feel different?
Unread 12-21-2007, 07:19 AM

Well, I asked my DH if things felt different. He said no, but then, he said, well, it did feel different, but it wasn't of any problem for him. He did say that it felt like there was less in there which is good because my cervix was in the way before. I didn't have my hyst because of a prolapsed uterus, but my cervix bulging out is not there which is good. (i had the prolapse for more than a year)

It didn't feel much different for me. Actually, it was great! Men should be completely tender and easy. My sweetie stopped anything that was uncomfortable which wasn't much. My belly felt funny where my numbness is.

My lubrication worked fine. My doc had told me that she didn't know if it would or not. I had some problem with this prior to hyst. In fact, everything worked great. Last night, the only problem was that the phone kept ringing. ha ha

I was plenty concerned. Our last time was with cancer. Now, I'm so thrilled to be without my cancer.

I'm surprised, but I feel like a sex fanatic. I haven't felt so full of libido in forever.

I don't know if this helped or not, but my DH touched me some before we got the "green" light above my waist. He didn't even touch me below my waist. I was in libido fever and had "stirrings." At 6 weeks, I got the "red" light and asked my doc if this feeling would hurt anything and she said no and just grinned. At 7 weeks, I got the OK.

I think that any and all concerns in the area are normal. It seems that just touching with no pressures might be good.

good luck and I hope all is OK.
Unread 12-21-2007, 08:05 AM

I was given the green light at 4 wks, but decided I was not ready yet. I was told on a Tuesday didn't mention to DH until Friday. He said it will be when I am ready. No pressure. When examined at that appt. the vaginal check was fine but the palupulations of incision area hurt. I will not go missionary the first time. The thought of his weight on me is not appealing right now. We are fortunate to have the kind of men that we have.
I have seen some on web that husbands took them at 1 wk. At my house we call that rape.
We have purchased some of the vaginal weights, that are suppose to build up the PC muscles and increase the blood flow to the vagina. It will prevent the bladder drop and help with sex. DH will be my personal trainer for these workouts. Looking into it.
What many of you are saying is the sweetness our men are showing us in our recovery is a turn on. Go figure being treated special would warm our hearts and also dampen the panties! In friskyness, go get them when ready girls.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register