I hate pooping..... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I hate pooping..... I hate pooping.....

Unread 12-18-2007, 11:40 PM
I hate pooping.....

Oh my god, it hurts so bad!!!!! I can;t even stand to poop! Gas hurts too, and it doesn't come out easily!

Anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2007, 11:59 PM
I hate pooping.....

Teacherangel,

I was sooo scared of having to go too. But I was made to take soo many stool softeners that I had diahrea for the first 4 days after I got home. That really wasn't a bad thing. Maybe you should take some extra softeners.
Unread 12-19-2007, 12:16 AM
I hate pooping.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherangel
Oh my god, it hurts so bad!!!!! I can;t even stand to poop! Gas hurts too, and it doesn't come out easily!

Anyone else?
Hi teacherangel,
I am 15 days post-op and whilst I don't have gas problems, boy do I dislike my bowels right now! I have never been a person who got constipated; and was very regular. Now, I can go days before having a BM, and then usually after about a day of feeling like there is something about to happen. Frustrating is the understatement of the decade!
I am thinking about getting some prune juice...lol, I am lactose sensitive, and have been deliberately consuming things with dairy, in the hope it will hurry things along...lol...even this isn't working!
I empathise /sympathise with your situation, and hope you find relief soon.

Snowflake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2007, 01:24 AM
I hate pooping.....

I've heard apple juice is supposed to help make the BMs a little looser. I don't know if that's true or not but I've been drinking lots of apple juice and I haven't had a painful BM. Give it a shot!
Unread 12-19-2007, 06:07 AM
I hate pooping.....

you might want to try some milk of magnesia to make going to the bathroom easier until you are healed more. also, if you are still taking pain meds you might want to cut back and substitute motrin or tylenol. a lot of pain meds are very constipating
Unread 12-19-2007, 06:44 AM
I hate pooping.....

I initially felt the same way you do, but I've been taking 1 stool softener 2-3 times a day, eating lots of fresh veggies & fruits, drinking lots of water, eating pistachios & almonds (they really do help) and fiber. My breakfast for the past 3 days has been the same - - - 2 Eggo low fat nutrigrain waffles. Without exception, I've had BM success within 30 minutes of eating breakfast. I've also taken Miralax, which helped a lot as well, but I haven't needed it the past couple of days. I don't think any 1 item is enough, rather, it's the combination of these helpful ingredients that has worked. I truly feel your pain as I was absolutely miserable my first week post-op. Hang in there.
Unread 12-19-2007, 07:07 AM
I hate pooping.....

I'm 5 weeks post op. Good news, the bowel problems resolved around week 4 for me. From everything else I've read here, and what my doc has told me, my recovery has been very normal.

It's funny now how important pooping and tooting has been to me for the last several weeks. I'm fitting right in with my grandparents' conversations. ;-)
Unread 12-19-2007, 08:47 AM
I hate pooping.....

Miralax! It works wonders and doesn't give you painful gas.
Unread 12-19-2007, 09:16 AM
I hate pooping.....

I agree with the Miralax. I began taking it the minute I walked in the door from the hospital. A friend gave me a great tip--mix it with water and let it set for atleast 30 min-1 hr. It really is not bad.
Unread 12-19-2007, 09:19 AM
I hate pooping.....

I am with you on the hating pooping thing. The pain is like nothing I have ever felt before. It is the only part of this whole journey that I cannot handle well. Each morning I take pain pills as soon as I awaken because I know that within the hour I will be on the loo and wishing for a quick death!

Hopefully this hurry up and ends!

Take care,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register