Teacher Friends - Have you seen your students? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Teacher Friends - Have you seen your students? Teacher Friends - Have you seen your students?

Unread 12-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Teacher Friends - Have you seen your students?

I am 2 weeks post op and got to see my students today. I went up to school for their Christmas party. I got very emotional and had to hold back tears. I hadn't realized how much I missed them. I teach 5th grade and I was shocked at how sweet and sensitive they were. Even the boys raced to me with hugs. I felt like a celebrity!

Have any of the rest of teachers gotten to see your students?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2007, 06:49 PM

Oh...this made me so sad! I wanted to go to my party, but disablity states that I can not be on campus while disable. My principal told me it was a no no!

I am glad you got to see them! :-)
Unread 12-19-2007, 06:58 PM

I went to the high school concert tonight. I was so glad to see them! and they did a great job. I will see Jr. and High School on Friday. I am going in to see them before break. Not sure if I'm "allowed". I'll just hang low. I DO miss the kids and I love to see their smiling faces. jenny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2007, 08:51 PM

I have been invited to our school's Christmas lunch on Thursday - will have a retired teacher friend doing the driving. Kids have been asking my sub if I'm coming and if I'll come to visit them - looking forward to this. Afterwards I'll be ready for a nap!
Tracy
Unread 12-19-2007, 08:56 PM

You will be ready for a nap Tracy! I think my sub had her feelings hurt a bit by how excited the kids were to see me. She told me they acted like different kids around me and that they weren't very "warm" with her. I felt kind of sorry for her, but what does she expect?
Unread 12-20-2007, 06:10 AM

My dr. actually released me for 1 and 1/2 days to teach right before our Christmas break. I was only about 2 1/2 weeks post op and the other teachers did everything. I stayed in a wheelchair the whole time and the kids fussed over who would push me! I was out of sick days and that is why my dr. agreed to let me do that.
It was wonderful to see the kids and how they had changed during that time!
Unread 12-20-2007, 06:37 AM

I'm going in tomorrow for the last 1/2 hour of the day.
I do miss my students (3rd grade). They have been bugging my sub about when they'll be able to give me their presents. They are so cute. They sent me stack of cards a week after I got home and I just cried!
i go back full time on the 15th.
Unread 12-20-2007, 07:17 AM

We need to all remember how much we love and miss our students when they get Spring Fever. I'm sure we will long for the days of chatting on this website and staying in our jammies!
Unread 12-20-2007, 09:58 AM

Too true!!!!!!
Unread 12-20-2007, 01:15 PM

I was once a teacher, and had to retire on disability several years ago. I am now a one-on-one aide to a special needs girl, but I usually end up helping the whole class! I work about six blocks from home, so a lot of the kids live in my neighborhood. My student has stopped by several times on her way home with pictures and notes from the rest of the class, and the teacher and I have been emailing and calling each other. When she told me about the Christmas program and upcoming party, I almost cried, but I stayed brave in front of her. The teacher and I were friends in college, so it has been easy to keep up with what has been going on. I also teach Sunday School, so it has been doubly hard, missing my little primary class, and knowing for a fact that my replacement is not doing as thorough or as creative a job as I do with the "babies".(At least that's what I've been told).Being the Christmas season, I also have a hard time dealing with the fact that I can't help my aunt with the preparations for our family Christmas Day gathering. I usually do 50% of the housework, but I am under orders to do no lifting or bending until my 6 week checkup in January (LAH and gallbladder removal on 11/26).I have been doing tiny things like wrapping gifts and addressing cards
as well as ironing and washing clothes and washing small loads of dishes. I just can't wait until I'm back to normal!!! Any clues out there when that could be? Next month????

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register