Blah feelings.......anyone else?? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Blah feelings.......anyone else?? Blah feelings.......anyone else??

Unread 12-20-2007, 06:12 AM
Blah feelings.......anyone else??

I get them as well, what helps me is listening to music or a funny talk show. I hooked on "Clash of Choirs "on NBC TV. My favorite show--music really lifts my spirits
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2007, 11:37 PM

I am over a month plus post op, and I still feel like crap. I am so swollen and bloated. My clothes don't fit. The pain is on and off. And I can't sleep at night. I just feel like blah. I am so glad to be off from work. I cannot imagine going to work in the shape I am in now.

It has been quite surprising how some folks act like hysterectomies are minor surgeries. If they only knew the half of it.
Unread 12-21-2007, 05:38 PM

I'm right there with you... I'll go for a few days feeling fine, then the next few days are just blah. Today has been a rough day, hopefully tomorrow will be another good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2007, 05:57 PM

"Blah" is very familiar. I'm just over 2 months from my TAH and that blah feeling has only started going away in the past week. The only emotions I could feel were sadness and anger; the rest of the time I could barely work up the enthusiasm to roll over in bed. I wasn't actively depressed, just not caring about much, and I've read posts from a lot of women who say the same thing. I think we're all so psychologically tired by the time the surgery's over that we've used up our emotions on the medical tests, results, concerns about surgery and recovery, etc., that we just don't have the mental capacity to get worked up over anything for a while. Your mind has to heal along with your body. Just try to accept that you have some stages left to go through before you'll feel like yourself psychologically or emotionally and that's a very common reaction.
Unread 12-21-2007, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxo
That is so funny. My friends say the same thing. I think they don't know what else to say. I wish I could remember when my last period was, maybe I am going through the feelings of a period.
Funny you mention the last "One"! Funny for me actually. I started my last period 3 days before my surgery (TAH) I was kinda worried that they wouldn't do the surgery. So, I called the doctor and she said, "huh, your utarus is going out with a fight"! and not to worry. So, I went in for surgery wearing a pad and came out with nothing. Didn't have any bleeding down there after surgery or since (knock on wood).

As far as the blaghs. ME TOO! And I am now 7 months out. I get blaghs, bad. I will "blagh" for weeks and then the battery will turn on and I'll go like the energizer bunny and then crash (blagh) again for weeks. What's up with that huh?
Unread 12-22-2007, 04:44 PM

I really do hope that this feeling of ''blah" goes away soon. After reading everyones replies I started to try and get myself "going" trying to dwell on everything that I will be able to do once I am completly healed. Tried to smile more today even though I didn't feel like it. But, by the afternoon I was so tired. It tired me out to have any emotions besides "blah". Isn't that crazy. And, now you know what I feel, "blah". Maybe it really is part of the healing process, only your mind and body knows just how much you can handle. Maybe it is my mind's way of shutting me down to concentrate on healing my body.
Unread 12-22-2007, 04:55 PM

I have a BLAH attitude too. I asked my doctor about it. I kept my ovaries, and he said it takes awhile for your brain to adjust to the fact that the ovaries are gone (Brain-ovaires-uterus- back to brain connection). He told me to hang in there a little while longer and let me know if it persists. We are all in massive hormone fluctuation, hence the night sweats, sleep disorders, hissy-fits, etc. I am a biologist, so it's all part of what is know as the HPA axis. So be as grumpy and sad as you want, it's not your fault!
Unread 12-23-2007, 06:23 PM

jgtalk,

I loved your last statement that cracked me up! I should walk around blah with my t-shirt that says, "It's not my fault!"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register