When can I wear my jeans??? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When can I wear my jeans??? When can I wear my jeans???

Unread 12-22-2007, 05:35 AM
When can I wear my jeans???

I'm 3 1/2 months post op and they are still uncomfortable to wear all day. I had to go up a size because of the swelly belly. If I'm running around to do errands I usually unbutton and unzip them when I'm in the car to give me some relief. I usually don't have to do this until afternoon. Once I get home the first thing I do is get my sweats or pajama bottoms on. Ahhh.. My belly actually feels a little more tender now than it did two months ago. I'm thinking it's because the numbness feeling is starting to go away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Personally, my comfort is more important

Well, at this point, I won't even attempt a pair of jeans. As much as I hate sweats in public, there is no way I care what other people think. I hurt, I have a huge scar across my stomach and I'm wearing comfortable clothes.....deal with it!

I'll be little Ms. Fashion Statement when my incision heals, until then, I'm going for what feels best as opposed to what "looks" better!
Unread 12-22-2007, 10:59 AM

I am one,who would never be caught dead in sweats in public....last week,for my first outing,I was bound and determined to wear my jeans....got my "fat ones" out and wore them(and they were a little snug)........

Anyway, as I was out and about, I noticed LOTS of people in sweats.......so when i got home,put the sweats back on and dont even think twice about it now.......

Christmas day is gonna be kinda weird though with me in sweats...Im gonna feel sloppy(but comfy)..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2007, 11:40 AM

Okay, I'm feeling rather lucky then. I have been wearing my jeans ever since my two week doctor's appointment. I had LAVH on December 4th, but must be lucky that there's not that much swelling. Don't get me wrong, they are a little tight, but not as bad as I thought they would be. I'm looking forward to loosing more weight though. I've only lost about five pounds since the surgery and hear of others losing more...ugh!

Hang in there girls as it's just the swelling. After that, your jeans will fit just like they always did....
Unread 12-22-2007, 01:19 PM

I started wearing my jeans at 3weeks and now Im regretting it.Im starting to wonder if that is why Im having so many problems. Nope, jeans werent tight. Matter of fact, I had lost so much weight that they barely fit at all. Im almost 6weeks now and exactly where my jeans fit around my waist is exactly where EVERYTHING hurts...Careful with the jeans,k
Unread 12-22-2007, 01:50 PM

It took me almost 8 weeks to wear my jeans comfortably all day. Even now I have the occasional day where they hurt my tummy. Those days are becoming quite infrequent thankfully.

Don't try to rush it too much, especially if it hurts. I have found wearing something with support helps as well as stretch jeans!
Unread 12-22-2007, 02:50 PM

Pre-op I picked up a pair or Lands End corduroy pants with a stretchy waist. They're a little big and felt good today under a long sweater. I'll probably send DH out for a couple more pair for work.
Unread 12-23-2007, 12:39 AM

Does anybody have a problem with jeans hurting in the seat area..if you know what i mean... they seem to cut into me. I'm so sick of sweats.
Unread 12-23-2007, 08:03 AM

Hi Ladies,
Well, I am feeling very fortunate.
I had a LAVH on December 13 and I am just about back to my old self.

I had very little swelly belly, perhaps 4 days post op. I am contributing that to wearing a velco back brace which was put on prior to my leaving the recovery room per doctors orders. I wore it 24/7 for the first few days after arriving home and now only wear it at while I am sleeping. It helps to support my stomach. In fact I ordered a sweely belly band and will be returning it simply because this brace offers much more support.

Yesterday made 9 days post op and I was ready to get out of this house and happily put my jeans back on with no problems.
My incisions have almost completely healed also. The 2 incisions below my bikini line have completely healed and my belly button is just about healed as well.

Physically, I have never felt better and am so happy I made the decision to have this done.
My first post op visit with my doctor is January 2nd. I have not gotten on the scale and have no plans do until my appoitment but am guessing I have easily lost 10lbs since my surgery. I am being very careful with what I am eating and just trying to be more sensible and hope that the weight will continue to come off.
I am making sure to not over do it and also to remember that even though I am feeling great I am still healing and need to be sure and rest daily.

For all of you who are still having a tough time post op my advice to you is...
~ rest
~ Be patient
~ and listen to your body and everything will come together in time.

I had a fibroid the size of a large grapefruit which in turn caused heavy periods. My doc said even though I was not bleeding all the time my body was in period mode 24/7. Since my surgery I think my body is just so grateful to be able to function properly without the added stress I have seen faster results. That may not be the case but it is how I am feeling.

I wish you all the very best with your healing. Don't give up, think positive and in time you will feel better...I promise!

Seasons Blessing to you and yours,

(LAVH 12/13 due to heavy bleeding and clotting and Fibroid which we now know was the size of a large grapefruit.)
Unread 12-23-2007, 08:44 AM

I normally wear a size 2 jean, but I was able to wear my size 4's on day 3 after surgery. I wore sweats on days 1 and 2 PO, but would never have been able to stand to go out in public in them. (I guess I'm a little vain! lol)I think I was in my 2's by the second week.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register