Shaving your legs! LOL | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Shaving your legs!  LOL Shaving your legs! LOL

Unread 12-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Shaving your legs! LOL

I just had to post this because I know we could all use a laugh.
How long did it take you to first shave your legs after your hyst.?
Well, here is my story.
I shaved the day before I went into the castle and then did not shave again until I was 5 weeks post op, only because I was in too much pain to do anything until 4 weeks post op.
When I finally did shave my legs, I used up 2 razers and took almost 45 minutes to get it done! LOL
Well here I am at almost 8 weeks this Monday and it wasn't so bad this time, just used up 1 razer and 20 minutes. Normally I can reuse my razer several times before throwing it away. I guess I better start shaving more!
I would really be interested in hearing from other sisters in their adventure in this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2007, 04:20 PM
Shaving your legs! LOL

I shaved somewhere around two weeks. My sister was telling me that it would be okay to sit on the side of the tub and shave my legs, not knowing that I had already shaved them while I was in the shower!
Unread 12-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Shaving your legs! LOL

Honestly? I guess I'm a bit obsessive about it... or else I just wanted to see if I could do it... because I shaved my legs during my very first shower when I was home.

Maybe I'm just crazy. I wouldn't be surprised!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2007, 04:24 PM
Shaving your legs! LOL

Yep, that's what I did, sat on the tub for 45 minutes and I was sore to say the least!
Unread 12-20-2007, 04:34 PM
Shaving your legs! LOL

I tried at 3 weeks for postop checkup with gyno. I say tried cause we got to the office and both my knees looked like I hadn't shaved in a year. Here I was trying to look like I was able to do stuff! I had hair patches everywhere. The knees were hysterical, though.
Unread 12-20-2007, 05:51 PM
Shaving your legs! LOL

My surgery is tomorrow and I was going to do them tonight, since they are already a two week garden..... then I remembered they put those circulation stockings on and I can't stand things on my legs after I shave them for like the first12 hours.... so I figured I would be miserable trying to figure out how to get under those to get to my legs to scratch....I guess I am waiting and will have to see what happens post-op
Unread 12-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Shaving your legs! LOL

LOL I was able to shave mine on day 3 am at the hospital! i WAS'NT GOING HOME HAIRY!
Unread 12-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Shaving your legs! LOL

Heck after I went through the change the hair on the legs stopped growing. Too bad I can't say the same about the hair on my chinny, chin, chin.

I HATE getting old.

Downyocean
Unread 12-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Shaving your legs! LOL

I shaved at 3 days post op and have shaved every 2 or 3 days since. I first tried to shave standing up in the shower and it was too hard to bend over. So at the end of the shower I just sat down in the empty tub and did it this way. It was still uncomfortable but I can't stand hairy legs in flannel pjs.
Unread 12-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Shaving your legs! LOL

I am 4 1/2weeks post-op and am heading to Mexico on Sunday - so guess I'll be giving the shave thing a go tomorrow morning - I can finally bend a bit so should be able to reach ok - here goes nothing!!
Tracy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register