Shaving your legs! LOL - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Shaving your legs!  LOL Shaving your legs! LOL

Unread 12-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Shaving your legs! LOL

i shave every day...no matter what
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2007, 09:14 AM
Shaving your legs! LOL

I use an epilator or wax about twice a month...I haven't had a razor on my legs (or any other part of my body) in over 2 years, and my hair doesn't grow as fast as it did when I was shaving.

I will probably use my epilator the night or the morning of my surgery, and plan to have my esthetician wax my armpits and bikini area on the friday before. I was told during my pre-op that I would not be shaved (in my vaginal area) and I asked if it would be ok if I waxed it prior to surgery, and they said that was fine.

My legs shouldn't need any attention at all for at least 2 weeks post-op, so I'm not terribly worried about it. But, just as precaution, I've scheduled an appointment with my esthetician to wax my legs 2 weeks post-op and have my husband drive me there. (she had mentioned just bringing her stuff here to the house to do it, but I think by that time I'll be ready to get out of the house for a 'field trip'.

Yes, waxing and using an epilator hurts/stings a bit the first time you do it..but after that first time it's not bad at all. After 2 years I barely feel it anymore. Well....it still does hurt when I get my eyebrows done, but I don't do them as often as other parts.

Paula
I'd highly reccomend it to everyone.
Unread 12-21-2007, 10:17 AM
Shaving your legs! LOL

I shaved mine my first day home. They really needed it by then! Since then, I've shaved them every other day. I might not have been so vigilant, but since I had to keep my catheter in for 2 weeks, I had to wear pajama shorts to bed (long pants interfered with tubing). I can't stand if my legs rub against each other when they're hairy!

I hope you all have a
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2007, 09:30 PM
Jungle legs!

My DH shaved my legs twice for me in the first month. I was too swollen and uncomfortable to really care that much. After four weeks I was able to shave them myself. It felt great to be human again!

Little baby steps, one at a time...
Unread 12-22-2007, 09:09 PM
Shaving your legs! LOL

This may be TMI, but, I shave everything. Legs and above. Well with my swelly belly, I can't see that area, so I shaved it without looking. I told DH I hope it doesn't read "SOS" or "Send Help"!
Unread 12-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Shaving your legs! LOL

The only thing I have been able to shave has been my armpits. DH has been responsible for anything else. Thankfully, for him my legs can go at least a month before you can notice any stubble.
Unread 12-30-2007, 12:13 PM
Shaving your legs! LOL

Well sisters,
Finally at 8 weeks post op I am able to shave normally like I used to (every other day) with no problem. At 7 weeks post op I shaved twice. Can't stand those hairy legs. I was hoping with no hormones it would go away!
Thanks for all the replies, it's been very interesting to read other sisters solution.
Unread 12-31-2007, 09:05 AM
Shaving your legs! LOL

I sat on a stool in the shower/tub because i couldn't bend over at two weeks. I had to go back to work, and wear skirts most times, but with nylons and knee boots since it is cold out. Some of these posts are too funny...I just can't see my guy shaving my legs...mmm....other parts he would probably get a kick out of!
Unread 01-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Shaving your legs! LOL

I shaved mine the day of surgery, and then 4dats later when I had my first shower at home, My DD insisted on helping me bathe, she tried to shave my legs for me..
Lets just say my legs looked like I was growing stripes!
I shaved at my legs myself the next day, still had patches of hair here and there...looked kinda like a raod map!
Unread 01-27-2008, 10:08 PM
Shaving your legs! LOL

Haven't tried yet, but then again I'm only 5 days post-op and don't see the doc for a follow up for several days yet.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register