Shaving your legs! LOL - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Shaving your legs!  LOL Shaving your legs! LOL

Unread 01-28-2008, 08:13 AM
Shaving your legs! LOL

Today I am taking the plunge...I am 5 1/2 weeks post op and I am going to put in my contacts and arm myself with a package of new blades and a new can of shave cream.....I see me regular doc today and my gyn tomorrow and hope to be cleared for "new activities " tomorrow so the hair has to go....I will probably need a nap after..... I will let you know how the battle goes... - Suzyq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Shaving your legs! LOL

Well I was one of those that waxed my legs a few days in advance so it wasn't necessary to have to shave
Unread 02-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Shaving your legs! LOL

I tried shaving in the shower, and then sitting on the side of the tub, but both ways were too uncomfortable and sitting in a tub of water was out of the question. So last week (3 weeks post op) I couldn't stand it anymore. So I turned a new plastic dish pan over and put it in the tub (using it as a stool), filled the tub with water almost up to the top of the dish pan. I sat on the dish pan and was able to put my legs in the water and FINALLY shave my legs.
What a great feeling...guess it really is the little things in life that matter!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2008, 02:29 AM
Shaving your legs! LOL

I am 1 week post-op. I shaved my legs the morning of my surgery. Then, I have a WONDERFUL husband who has graciously shaved my legs for me twice so far. I hate even having stubble, so I always shave my legs every other day. So, DH shaved my legs for me while I was in the shower the day after I got home from the hospital, and then again last night.

He is definitely holding up his end of the bargain in the wedding vows, "for better of for worse" with all the things he has helped me with and done for me since surgery.... :-)
Unread 02-12-2008, 07:46 AM
Shaving your legs! LOL

LOL...I love this thread. I was wondering the same thing! I had surgery on a Wed, and I made sort of an effort to shave the following Saturday, in the shower. That amounted to a couple of swipes on each leg and nothing more. About a week post op, I sat on the side of the tub and shaved my lower legs. I have been feeling good, but that seemed a supreme amount of effort! A few days ago, I shaved them the regular way, standing up in the shower, no problems. I normally shave every other day and have been a little lazier than that now. I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that it's winter and I'm wearing sweats all the time. I think if it were summer, I'd be shaving more. I have shaved every other day for years and my legs get stubbly pretty fast if I don't keep it up. Yuck. I actually thought of going for a wax when I was about 10 days post op - I think the hair was long enough to be able to do it. I'm normally pretty fussy about these things and don't like to let them go, but it hasn't bothered me that much.
Unread 04-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Shaving your legs! LOL

WOW! Finally something GOOD about having cancer! With the chemo, my body hair has gotten very sparse. If I shave before I go to the castle I should be good for quite a while....
Unread 04-20-2008, 08:49 PM
Shaving your legs! LOL

It is funny I seen this thread. DH and I were just discussing this very issue today. I shave my legs almost everyday. So I was concerned about not being able to do this for a long period of time. DH, he is so sweet. He said, " I will shave them for you ".....he is such a sweetheart and a very good nurse. I will be spoiled rotten by time I get thru recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register