I am so disheartened... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am so disheartened... I am so disheartened...

Unread 12-20-2007, 11:52 PM
I am so disheartened...

Ybsad, I have 5 boys and I have my share of tears over the past couple of weeks. My boys totally get it now though. I had to explain what was going on with me and that I probably wouldnt be "normal" for awhile yet and then I cried some more. Im not on hormone therapy but I believe my hormones have decided to go to overdrive on me ,Im not sure... I had a bad fall last Friday and it made my recovery go back to the beginning so I am stuck again. BUT, my boys were so freaked out when I fell that I then knew that they really do get it and they are being so comforting to me now... They are our angels and they are strong too, we made them that way,right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2007, 08:59 AM
I am so disheartened...

G'morning ya'll! Thanks for well wishes and most of all for understanding! It is truly awesome to be able to come here and share what is going on. None of my friends have gone through this and it seems (simply my perception) that would rather not hear about it as they have no clue what this feels like. :-) This site has been a blessing!

I called the doctors office this morning (8:30 CST) and no response yet. As walking helped yesterday, I am preparing to go on a short walk. It seems to be nice outside and I could use the fresh air.

I'll be back here once I hear from them. Have a wonderful day!
Unread 12-22-2007, 12:45 PM
I am so disheartened...

Quick update:

As suspected, I did not hear back from my doctor's office at all. I didn't get even get as far as the nurse. "They are with patients and will have to call you back" 8:30 am and 4:15 pm yesterday. They are now closed until after the holidays.

I am still having the same feeling along with the lower right back pain and now am getting a fever. I will most likely end up in the urgent care clinic this afternoon if the fever goes up. (highest it's been is 100) My doctor stressed to me, many times, to call him. Do not wait three or four days and then the problem is worse. Evidently, he forgot to tell his staff that.

I have the dates and times logged of my calls to his office (I had this prblem after my 1st surgery.) I would have looked for another surgeon (although HE is very good at what he does, his staff is the problem) but time was not on my side for multiple reasons. I continued with him. Hindsight is 20/20.

Merry Christmas ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2007, 01:14 PM
I am so disheartened...

Did you try contacting your doctor's answering service? Call the regular number and you should get someone with the service. Their job is to forward all inquiries from patients directly to the doctor, no matter when the call comes in. You can bypass the staff completely that way and get to him.

If you don't hear from him within a time that you feel comfortable with then by all means go to a clinic. Thanks for letting us know how you're doing, and don't forget to update us further.
Unread 12-23-2007, 08:26 AM
I am so disheartened...

Hi Ybsad - I was wondering if you are still having that feeling or if he called/saw your dr & what the outcome was. Ironically, I started a newthread last pm "phantom cervix" describing the EXACT same symtoms!! However, I felt this way since day one ... each day I hope it goes away, but stays the same. Like you, I have been resting - I have no pain & have not bled since day one postop. You may want to read what a few have written in that thread too.
Please let me know how you are doing! Take care
Unread 12-29-2007, 07:03 PM
I am so disheartened...

Ybsad,

I am having a very similar feeling to yours. My vaginal hyst with bladder sling, rectocele repair and perineoplasty was Nov. 27th, and I've felt much better than I thought I would. I was off work all that week and the next, then went back 1/2 days for a week, and then back full time. I still am tired at the end of the day, but I haven't lifted anything heavy at all, and am really trying to take it easy. At my 2 week exam, the doctors said no restrictions on activity, but still no lifting. I've been really compliant.

BUT, on Christmas day I started feeling something in my vagina. Kind of ignored it, and then we were traveling the next day, but yesterday I took the mirror and looked, and it looks like a small, round lump of tissue on the back side of the vagina, right inside. It's not painful, and everything looks pink and healty, but I'm afraid my rectocele repair has failed. I see the docs next Thursday, and I hope they tell me it will resolve itself.

I'm still taking fiber twice a day, and stool softeners with every meal, but I'm not going as often as I think I should...maybe that's the problem.

I'm really trying to just let it be till I see the docs - it is what it is, you know? And maybe it's just a simple something that if it won't go away, at least they can easier fix at the office. I'll keep you posted. Please feel free to e-mail me. I'll send some healing thoughts your way.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register