Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy: LSH - Wasn't All That Bad! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy: LSH - Wasn't All That Bad! Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy: LSH - Wasn't All That Bad!

Unread 12-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy: LSH - Wasn't All That Bad!

Helloooooooooo HysterSisters,

I am 4 days old from my hysterectomy. Right Now, so far, so good. I had an LSH (ovaries and cervix remained, only uterus and it's "invader" fibroid removed laparoscopically, leaving 3 little incisions) . At time of surgery I don't know how big the "INVADER" was. A few months ago, it was at 8cm but apparently grew larger and was pressing against the bladder, making it uncomfortable to sit. My doc claimed I was carrying a baby inside. I never experienced any pain really, not until the last two months. My problem was the excessive bleeding and clotting. I was wearing pads inserted into "Depends". Tampons was a joke. My doctor put me on birth control pills to regulate my periods (the periods came whenever they wanted to. Some months they never left. Some months they never visited. Perimenopausal? Yes. But, the "blood baths" were murder.) The pills worked for awhile as far as regulation. They did nothing for the "baths". After a while, the pills weren't regulating the periods. By then the "invader" started to grow rather than decrease. The word hysterectomy came up. I wasn't keen on the idea at all. I got a couple of opinions on the matter. One Dr. explained to me of the complications of my situation--fibroid in the most upper part of uterus causing difficulty for myomectomy without reconstructing uterus; shrinking fibroid my cause bone loss...I have osteoporosis already; embroilization may not work due to location of fibroid. Herbal treatments would take a long time...I already suffered with anemia and was extremely frustrated and miserable as it was, enough was enough. I was already perimenopausal. I've had two beautiful boys. I'm turning 50 with no intention of having anymore children. So, discomfort, depression, moodiness, blood baths, needed to go So, hysterectomy it was. I wanted to keep my ovaries and cervix and my wish was granted. My trip to the castle was a bit unnerving as the nurses were on strike. But, the traveling nurses who treated me were extra nice. The next day the staff nurses returned. I had a spectacular room mate. The experience was all good. I'm not use to the gas. I don't like tiring so easily. Getting in and out of bed is a bit bothersome. Vicodin is the bomb, although I try not to take it as much. The operation took a little over 2 hours. I have a little pain as to be expected. Overall, I can't complain. I mentally feel good. My husband's been a dream. My advice, keep walking. Layoff the morphine if you can. It made me feel a little ga ga , but took care of the pain. Again, I'm only 4 days old. However, life is good. It's all good. I'd like to thank Hystersisters for being there. My God! You've been a great lifesaver. More advice, drink a lot of water, walk and listen to your body.

Nadine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register