When do internal stitches dissolve? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When do internal stitches dissolve? When do internal stitches dissolve?

Unread 12-27-2007, 03:59 PM
When do internal stitches dissolve?

I had my cervix taken out but never saw any stitch things and like you said your dh had to empty the urine. We asked the nurses about it they said it was there they have to measure everything but ha never ever did.

I have been wondering about the kegals, when should one start doing them I wonder.

Glad that your feeling better : )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2008, 03:21 PM
Any pain with stitches dissolving?

I have just began to notice bits of stitches coming out when I go to the restroom. I also have been having little sharp pains inside. Do you think this could be related?
Unread 01-09-2008, 08:53 PM

Still have no stitch appearances. Whats wrong with me. How long can this possibly take
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2008, 09:32 PM

I don't know, TamaraJo. I'm now at 9-1/2 weeks and saw only one tiny, practically invisible piece of suture material at 6-1/2 weeks. I only knew it was a suture because of the color, otherwise I probably wouldn't have noticed it because it was so tiny. I never had any of the bleeding or spotting either. I just hope those babies are gone by now! I didn't have any more followups with my doctor after 4 weeks, so I'll never know now for sure whether they are gone unless I see him again at some point. I think it would have been more reassuring to have seen them, but others have said they never saw sutures come out and healed just fine.
Unread 01-10-2008, 12:25 AM

It's crazy I'm on 6 1/2 weeks and no sign of stitches either, the doc said I probably wouldn't even see the two knots left that he saw at my 3 1/2 week check up.
Unread 01-10-2008, 08:23 AM

I think I just saw my first stitch today. It looked like a very skinny worm all curled up! I go back for my post-op appointment tomorrow - so I shall see if that is what I saw in the toilet!
Unread 01-10-2008, 09:48 AM

if you got a vag cuff the internal stitches have no place to go they stay inside your abdominal cavity and dissolve,i would think they cant come out your bladder how would they get in there,,cant come out your bowel because how would they get in there,,only if you had either of those operated on would i think you would see any ,,as for those who kept your cervix you may have some come from those or the ones used to close the cuff dont think that would be to many,,so i am going to find out when i go see the dr. where they go as far as i know they dissolve inside you ,as the layers of you stomach heal,,but pretty sure there would be no way for them to get out
Unread 01-10-2008, 06:23 PM

If you had a vaginal hyster then the stiches on the cuff are exterior and you could possibly see them. but it appears many women do not and they heal just fine!.

Starbgirl
Unread 01-10-2008, 06:29 PM

I am five weeks post op and I had one thread sticking out of each incision about 1/8 inch long. This week they started getting gooey (sorry) and now I only have one left. I haven't seen anything internal come out and I haven't had a single spot so I don't know what's going on in there, but I feel good and my doctor cleared me for all activity.
Unread 01-10-2008, 06:42 PM

The dr told me Monday that I have two different types. One will dissolve between 4 and 6 weeks and the others between 6 and 10 weeks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register