When do internal stitches dissolve? - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When do internal stitches dissolve? When do internal stitches dissolve?

Unread 01-21-2008, 03:53 PM
When do internal stitches dissolve?

just at the beginning of my fifth week and saw something like you all described as a stitch. kind of greyish purpish when i whiped. also had some sharp pains about a hour before it happened- is this normal to what the rest of you felt?
I was talking with a co-worker and i think she thought i was crazy. it was like my brain froze and im like whats going on with my body? couldnt hardley say- just a minute- im having a sharp pain "there." lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2008, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit&ready
just at the beginning of my fifth week and saw something like you all described as a stitch. kind of greyish purpish when i whiped. also had some sharp pains about a hour before it happened- is this normal to what the rest of you felt?
I was talking with a co-worker and i think she thought i was crazy. it was like my brain froze and im like whats going on with my body? couldnt hardley say- just a minute- im having a sharp pain "there." lol.
I started with some pain earlier in the day also when I lost my first stitch, so yes that could be it! I haven't noticed anymore stitches since then, so I don't know if we will feel all of them or not!
Unread 01-22-2008, 12:25 AM

Hi jgtalk,
How are you doing, Sis? I hope you did not pay for your little jaunt into town the other day. I hope you are taking it easy.
Sorry to hear you have another medical condition to contend with...as if you haven't got enough to deal with. God certainly likes to test us, and our faith in Him...lean heavily on Him and us!
I'm not sure if being 'fluffy' helps the swelly belly situation, so much as disguises it under all the other cuddly bits!...lol As a 'fluffy' sister, I still felt swelly; even with a TVH!!!
Thank you so much for the prayers and the hugs, I certainly appreciated and needed them! It has been trying to say the least. I love having this great group of ladies to give and receive support. You are all the greatest!!!

Well an update on my U/S...I went yesterday afternoon (It is just after 6pm Tuesday here.) During the exam, the lady was concerned about the weird little lump which I mentioned comes and goes. Of course she could not go into details, but indicated this was something you sometime see connected with the bowel. She also seemed interested in my appendix.
Last night I did a search of these areas and checked my symptoms. I could have early stage appendicitis or some less than savoury issues with my bowel, but of course, this is all speculation, so I am not going to work myself into a lather until my Dr. tells me what the go is.
Anyway, after the exam, she told me I could go and see my Dr. any time after 3 days, for my results. Thinking I would go quietly insane, waiting this long, considering this farce has been going on for the past 5 weeks, I went to make an appointment to see my Dr. Oh boy, did God decide I needed a lesson in patience! I asked if my Dr had any appointments for the end of the week. The receptionist said no; in fact he would not be available for the next 2 weeks because he is on holiday's!!! Oh yay! I asked when the next available appointment was...apparently, 8:45 am Tuesday the 5th of February...needless to say, I took it! I know it is not likely, but I would love if my Dr was forwarded my results and he called me to tell me what they were...lol...ok, I can dream, can't I??? lol...like he is going to let work ruin his holiday! As lovely as his wife is; I doubt she would be impressed with this little development!

Ok, guess I had better leave my pity party, and be grateful I am fairing far better than alot of people in the world are.
Sending you and all the ladies who are in need of comfort and support, right now, a tonne of and
Take care and know I am thinking of you.

Snowflake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2008, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit&ready
Hi fit&ready,
That was definitely a tricky situation. I would have said "Excuse me for a moment, I am suddenly not feeling very well. Can you get back to me, shortly?"...or perhaps "Sorry, I am having a post-op pain, right now; could you give me a moment whilst it passes, please?" or something along those lines. It can be a bit awkward when you have feminine issues!!!
I am pleased however that you have finally 'joined the club'.
I can't honestly put a time frame on mine. I had been experiencing pain in that area since the operation and then around the time I saw my stitches, I was able to add a slight burning / irritated sensation, to the mix.
Hope your recovery is going ok, otherwise.
Take care

Snowflake
Unread 01-22-2008, 07:54 AM

Snowflake,

Talk to your doc's nurse or office manager. Maybe they can give you the test results even if he is out of town. Or ask them to ask the doc if they are allowed to give you the results. Tell them you are very concerned, and it would ease your anxiety tremendously if they could help you out this time.

It is worth a shot, no?

Best of Luck, I will keep praying for you!
Unread 01-22-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtalk
Snowflake,

Talk to your doc's nurse or office manager. Maybe they can give you the test results even if he is out of town. Or ask them to ask the doc if they are allowed to give you the results. Tell them you are very concerned, and it would ease your anxiety tremendously if they could help you out this time.

It is worth a shot, no?

Best of Luck, I will keep praying for you!
I don't think he has a nurse, but will see if the staff can get permission to give me the results. It certainly is worth a shot. Thanks for your prayers; you are in mine also.
(Now I guess I should stop hijacking this thread...apologies to all.)

Snowflake

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register