Excruciating pain 2 and a half weeks post-op. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Excruciating pain 2 and a half weeks post-op. Excruciating pain 2 and a half weeks post-op.

Unread 12-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Excruciating pain 2 and a half weeks post-op.

I have had this pain before. For me it is in the pelvic floor. The only relief was to stay very quiet till the spasms passed. I just had my hysterectomy that this pain you describe was common for me before surgery also. I would not doubt you did too much.

I understand about needing to do the wash. I need to change constantly because of hot flashes. I am fortunate to have a wonderful man to do all of the lugging for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2007, 05:33 PM

Snowflake -

I agree you should contact your DR.

Your post struck me though as you are the first person I have seen on here that had my same issue - chronic cervicitis, caused by chronic PID, causing chronic break through bleeding! I posted about this pre-op as for whatever reason I felt like it would be nice to know if anyone else had resorted to a hyster to deal with this issue. No one ever answered.

In anycase - I truly know what you went through prior. I hope everything goes smoothly for you and this pain is only a minor bump in the road.

Hugs,

Starbgirl
Unread 12-21-2007, 05:49 PM

Hi lady4carousels,
I am sorry you experience this pain, also. I agree that staying still is the only option, as moving just aggravates it. Every time I went to move, the pain increased dramatically.
My pain was from the bikini line, down through the pelvic region and into my vagina...NOT a pleasant experience at all!
My husband has been terrific throughout all of this; he has done so much, but I am very independent, and there are some things I like to do myself. I have to get over this.
Mum was doing my washing for me, because I have to get a new machine, but she injured one of her hands and was unable to do it, so I took it to the laundrette. I told a friend via text message, that if I hadn't done it, I would have had to go around naked...not a pretty sight!
I know where you are coming from with the hot flushes. I have been experiencing them everyday; with night sweats thrown in occasionally, for good measure.
I hope you feel better soon.

Snowflake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2007, 06:25 PM

Wow! starbgirl, thank you so much for your reply!!! I had seen you mention chronic cervicitis before, but I did not know that was the next step up from chronic PID!!!
I must have missed the post you mentioned, because I certainly would have posted a reply. As much as I love HysterSister's and the lovely ladies here, you do sometimes feel a little lonely when you don't quite fit in with the rest; as you obviously know. I could relate to extremely long, heavy periods (not uncommon to have to change every 15 minutes and have huge clots, which could go on for weeks or months at a time (longest were 9 months solid!) Having said that, it was not heavy periods which made me have the op. I had an ablation which made the bleeding minimal, but I still had them frequently; and as you no doubt know, put periods with Chronic PID and wow, what a horrible experience. I tried everything to avoid the op, even BCP to manipulate whether I had them or not...if I missed the red zone, my body would give it to me within a week anyway.
It is wonderful to know there is another member here who knows exactly what you went through. I will have to go back through your posts.
Please contact me anytime. Take care.

Snowflake
Unread 12-21-2007, 06:41 PM

Snowflake - I can totally relate to feeling lonely even though I love it here too. Plus everything I had read online kept saying how rare it was to have a hyster for this reason but I had tried EVERYTHING! Pills, cryo-surgery, endless rounds of antibiotics both oral and IV, etc. I thought I would feel happier or more content with my decision if I could find just one other person in the world who had a hyster for this reason!! I'm glad I found you!

I had daily break through bleeding but no heavy periods. But still breakthrough bleeding enough to have to wear a pad EVERY DAY for almost 14 years!!! Arggggg.......

The last straw for me was having an infection this past summer that lasted more than 8 weeks of antibiotics!! I got scared that maybe I was becoming immune to them and what if I ever really needed them for something else. My Dr had already told me the year before that the only way to solve my problem was the hyster, but I needed to hit rock bottom I guess to get my bravery up.

I had some post op complications but even with that I am SO happy I had this done and when I am healed I will FOREVER have put those problems behind me. I hope you feel the same way and get the same peace of mind!!

Hugs,

Starbgirl

PS - I did have a fever with a post op infection but since that has cleared I haven't had a fever for the last couple of weeks. I can't even remember when I last went a few weeks without a fever!! Whoo Hoo! I'm already getiing my prize!
Unread 12-23-2007, 07:07 AM

Hi starbgirl,
I am so pleased your fever has subsided and have such a positive attitude towards your recovery.
I am pleased you found me too. I fully understand needing the validation for having the surgery, when every article you read says hysterectomies usually are not required for Chronic PID. Unfortunately there are exceptions to everything, and you and I are it.
Oral antibiotics never helped me...in fact, I usually felt worse when I took them. The only ones which seemed to work, were the ones administered through IV.
Oh boy do I understand about the breakthrough bleeding...not fun. Nor was it great for a persons intimate life!
I can also comprehend your apprehension at having the op. When my Dr. told me the ONLY way to fix this, was with a hysterectomy, I became the biggest ostrich...I had my head buried deep in the Sahara Desert! He then told me, he did not need the money or the practice; and could not imagine having to go through what I went through, for the next 10 to 20 years. I spent the next 19 months denying the necessity, with occasional moments of contemplating it, just to back off into denial-ville just as quickly.
My recovery has been less than stirling, but I know at some point I will be pleased I did it. Just have to get over the pain and tiredness; the hot flushes and the occasional bout of night sweats...
Best wishes for your recovery; and please contact me any time.

Snowflake
Unread 12-23-2007, 09:34 AM

Hi again Snowflake -

My Dr said the same thing! He said NO ONE should have to live like you have been living! You deserve a better quality of life than this!

Besides just constantly bleeding and being ill, the other thing that pushed me to have the surgery was intamacy. I have been single for about 1-1/2 yrs now after a long term marriage. I couldn't imagine how I would explain that or get past it in a new relationship - "yes, in fact I do have my period every day of the year" - LOL!!!

Hang in there, you will feel better. For me the night sweats started decreasing in the 3rd week and are just occasional now. I had none just last night!! Yippee!! I used to have them ALL the time from fevers.

Happy Holidays,

Starbgirl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register