slight bleeding after sex | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

slight bleeding after sex slight bleeding after sex

Unread 12-21-2007, 06:42 AM
slight bleeding after sex

hi, I've read some postings on this topic after a search. It seems fairly typical to have some bleeding after sex. I saw my doc on Tues and I had some bleeding that afternoon, before I got home. (ha ha) I called my doc right away and as I thought, that was from her exam. She said that it might last a couple of days.

I was cleared at 7 weeks for any activity, including sex, so I haven't done anything against my doc's instructions. Last night I some light, blush like bleeding. I didn't have any this morning.

MY DH said this morning that he figured it was OK. I don't know whenever I've felt such a strong drive. I can hardly wait for my sweetie to come home. maybe I've overused the parts. Gee, I never expected this. I wonder/hope it lasts.

I've got inlaws coming tonight, so the "pelvic activity" will probably slow down.

I think I'm just so grateful to be cancer-free and that my parts still work.

I do get really tired during the day, but when I see my sweetie, I just get wound up.

So, is my "blush bleeding" OK? I may call my doc since it's Friday and then Monday, is Christmas Eve. I may see if I have anymore during the day.

thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2007, 10:19 PM

Hi,

I had my TVH on 10/15, and I actually just asked a similar question on my "week" thread...
I have been feeling pretty good, and no pain after relations with DH (never realized it wasn't "normal" before till now, when it feels so much better). BUT, the last few times we were intimate, I had anywhere from the blush you referred to for a day or so, to an actual spot about the size of a half dollar of red blood the last time. I was wondering if this was just how it was going to be from now on. It has stopped within 24 hours, but enough to make me wonder. Did you contact your doc today? Just curious what he said. I thought I would wait for 1 more week or so before I checked in with my doc, as at 6 weeks they said by January it should really not be a problem anymore.

Keep us posted...
Unread 12-22-2007, 07:31 AM

Hi lovetowalk

Many women have a little spotting with sex. My personal take on it is that something isn't healed and the wisest thing to do is to at least let your dr know. I asked my dr at my six week exam what to do if I had some bleeding with sex and he said he wanted me to call.

The slight blushing is probably ok, but just to be safe I would call so your dr knows. Sometimes there can be a situation where something was over looked and it isn't wise to continue having sex. Isn't it wonderful to have the desire though? It isn't uncommon for the hormone fluctuations to grace us with strong desire. Enjoy it while it lasts, sometimes it fades as quickly as it comes. I hope everything contiues to go smoothly. Let us know what the dr says.
's, Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2007, 09:29 AM

I messed around and didn't call my doc. I was waiting the couple of days for the spotting to stop from my doc's exam. Gee, I was just in to see her on Tues. Now, with the holidays, her office may be closed.

I had some darkish, skin looking stuff. Now, I wish I had called.

I have wondered if the desire will stay.
Unread 12-22-2007, 06:07 PM

I just went back to my doctor for an exam as I too had bleeding after sex. It was more of a pink color. (I had a tvh on 8-13-07) Turns out it was granulation. He snipped off the scar tissue (hurt like *%$* )and put silver nitrate on it. Was told not to have sex for 1 week. I would get it checked out just to be safe............
Unread 12-27-2007, 08:55 AM

Any "snip" would hurt. I've had a house full of company and the guest room is near my bedroom, so it's been a few days since we had sex. Last night, I didn't have any signs of any bleeding/discharge. yeah! My only problem and this was before surgery, as well ... I couldn't go to sleep after being intimate. I don't know what to do about this. Today, I was pooped out before I got up.

Gee, I would not have thought about any problems from mid August. I guess it's true that it takes 6 months or longer to completely heal.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register