Doctor too busy to discuss HRT Help! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Doctor too busy to discuss HRT Help! Doctor too busy to discuss HRT Help!

Unread 12-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Doctor too busy to discuss HRT Help!

Hi Lisa,

Did you have your Ovaries removed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2007, 02:54 PM

yep -- had everything removed.
Unread 12-27-2007, 03:19 PM

Again, everyone has different experiences. I felt great 3 months after surgery, (everything removed). Then I was hit with severe fatigue. My doctor said he didn't want to give me anything because you won't truly know how you feel for 6 months. Please keep in touch and let me know how you feel in 3 months. Good luck and keep feeling great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2007, 03:27 PM

i totally agree -- that everyone is differant --
my feeling is that had I went through menopause naturally -- I probably would not have taken anything -- so I am not in a hurry to take anything.

and I also believe that you have a storage of hormones that your body needs to deplete and see where the new nuetral is.

There is a lady in my office who has been taking hormones for 20 plus years ( she is 60ish) and her mom is going on 40 plus years (she is 85ish) -- that I do not understand because natually you would not normally produce them that long.

for some people -- they need hormones for their well being --

alot of it all boils down to what can you live with.
Unread 12-27-2007, 05:15 PM

I hope to find something natural to relieve my fatigue, brain fog, memory loss, tingling, etc. I am 46 and up until the surgery, I felt great! I agreed with my doctor not to rush into any HRT, that is why I waited to full 6 months. I never felt better up until the 4th month, I kept thinking I'll be fine, I'm just a little tired, I'll just take a nap on the weekends. The naps got longer and longer and longer. I could no longer lead a normal life. I spent all weekend in bed. I spent time at work but had no energy to function. Can't live with that!
Unread 12-28-2007, 07:25 AM

Ladies, I strongly suggest you get a copy of The Wisdom of Menopause written by Christiane Northrup, M.D. she was traditional medicine but has become greatly interested in homopathic so her book covers both worlds. The resources in the book will give you places to look for answers and the author responses to e-mail.
I have choosen the homopathic route at this time, we are strengthening my adrenals and other parts of my endro. system to takeover the job of my ovaries. From what I have learned my treatment may need adjustments every 3 wks.
One of the most interesting things I have learned so far is that my body and brain want to nourish my uterus and cervix, it only knows it hasn't. It does not know they are gone. No wonder we are messed up, my homopath works with me mind, body, and spirit, to me its the only way to fix all the confussion in my systems.
Read and make up your own minds after you have as much knowledge as you can get, do not just accept what an M.D. knows. Much to their disappointment they are not God, question them they do not know everything. Good luck ladies.
Unread 12-28-2007, 07:32 AM

Thank you for your wonderful advice! Going to the Hyster Sister Store now!
Unread 12-28-2007, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MySister1
I hope to find something natural to relieve my fatigue, brain fog, memory loss, tingling, etc. I am 46 and up until the surgery, I felt great! I agreed with my doctor not to rush into any HRT, that is why I waited to full 6 months. I never felt better up until the 4th month, I kept thinking I'll be fine, I'm just a little tired, I'll just take a nap on the weekends. The naps got longer and longer and longer. I could no longer lead a normal life. I spent all weekend in bed. I spent time at work but had no energy to function. Can't live with that!

see -- that is the point -- you found what you could no longer live with -- so talking to your doctor might give you the relief that you seek. or go to a local health food store-- here locally we have Fred Meyers -- which is a chain of KRoeger -- thier health food area ia fantastic -- and there are other stores that are all natural -- but even with that do the research -- because some natural components mask other problems -- cause problems -- or do nothing at all.

I have not hit that wall yet -- if I do -- I will look at options then --
will I take it for the next 30 years --no -- short time possibley--
again it comes down to what can you live with

Best Wishes
Unread 12-28-2007, 07:41 AM

Do you always have to have the last word?
Unread 12-28-2007, 08:55 AM

Don't just go to any health food store you need an expert to test an advise you on what your specific needs are. One size fits all does not work if it did there would be only one type of hormone patch. www.holisticmedicine.org may help with directions to a professional. Good luck. Don't assume the person running the register knows what they are talking about.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register