Fallen into a panic mode | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fallen into a panic mode Fallen into a panic mode

Unread 12-22-2007, 08:47 PM
Fallen into a panic mode

Ok , im into my 6th week[almost] and I think I have fallen into a panic mode. Ive only got a few days til my 6week check-up but I seriously cant wait. What is it when they say "vagina dropped" ? Whoever knows me knows that I fell last week [real hard] and went to the E.R. Im ok? I guess. According to the E.R. doc on call. Everyday since the fall I have been in more and more pain.I finally got rid-of my yeast infection ,which was as irrating as can get, but NONE of my pain has gotten better. I feel like a fool cuz my recovery was going so good and I felt great,then I fell....Ive been reading about things dropping, blood with stitches,some very unforunate women not having a good recovery at all, and now Im panicing.... How will I know if something is wrong. What are second surgeries for and why arent they fixed the first time? I dont want to go back in for more. I thought I was done.When does my new life start? Why am I panicing so hard now.. Whats really going on??? Should I have done this??? What did I do to myself?? Will I have a life of accidents and more surgeries????? When does a woman know for sure that she is really ok? Or do we wonder for a few years before its really actually over????Its like Im getting spanked for thinking I could come out of this ok. I did so well at the beginning after surgery. A fall, a fall did this. Do I tough this out? Feel the pain and get over it??? How could I call a doctor at this point,theyre all on vacation!!!!!!!!! Im NOT ON VACATION.. Help me someone. Is this what happens,break downs???? Im so scared and I dont know what to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2007, 09:09 PM
Fallen into a panic mode

Tamara Jo -

Big hugs for you. The only advice I can give is if you are in pain you should call your Dr. They always have someone on call for them so someone can talk to you and help you figure out if your pain is normal. In terms of your panic - does your work have an employee assistance program? I know that the one my company uses has counselors available to talk to 24/7.

The other thing is if you are having a complication or set back it will be ok. That's all it is - a little side step in the road and the ultimate prize is still yours. You will be healed at some point and free of your previous issues.

Good Luck!

Starbgirl
Unread 12-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Fallen into a panic mode

Tamara Jo - I agree. Call your doctor's office if you feel you need to. There will be an answering service and someone 'on call'.

The medical profession knows all too well that emergencies and owies do NOT pay attention to holidays!

So, call the doctor first and tell them about the increasing pain since your fall. Then, if you are thinking of going to the ER, call and see how long the wait will be.

It'll be fine, Tamara, it will. You're very right to be scared, and a couple of phone calls will do a lot to help.

Have you changed your pain meds at all the last week?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Fallen into a panic mode

Im sorry, I dont work. Im disabled. One real reason for the fact that I have no friends to talk to. My only family is my mom and she scares me even more..I have 5 boys but they dont need to hear this and I wouldnt want them to.Ive never felt so alone in my life.Ever.
Unread 12-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Fallen into a panic mode

You have us to talk to.
Unread 12-22-2007, 09:53 PM
Fallen into a panic mode

Same pain meds.Only I dont take them like Im supposed to. iI dont like them.I think Im just freaking-out.Im tired of being tired. Im tired of having to stay still when I cant . My kids dont stop, nothing stops.This stupid fall did not help matters at all. Maybe I need this freak-out time, a blow-up!!! I cnt get it out of my head that I may have screwed-up. What if this was the wrong decision? Whats happening to me?
Unread 12-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Fallen into a panic mode

Tamara,

Calm down and breath...... OK. If your pain is not getting any better, call your doctor. If you can't reach your doctor, get back to the ER. Sometimes the strains and pains you received from your fall can take awhile to feel better. More so after what you have already been through.
As Starbgirl said, it's a side step, but I know you will feel better if you call your doctor. You can IM, PM or email me if you need to vent.
Unread 12-22-2007, 09:59 PM
Fallen into a panic mode

I'm sure you needed to have your surgery. Otherwise, the doctor wouldn't have agreed to it. My doctor said anxiety and depression were very normal after a hysterectomy and to let him know if I felt anxious or got really moody. I definately think you need to call your doc and tell them how you're feeling. I hope you feel better soon. Please continue to let your hyster sisters know if you need support.
Unread 12-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Fallen into a panic mode

I wish I had some wonderful pearls of wisdom for you. But all I can offer is a hug!

Hope you are feeling much better soon. And BTW I agree, call the Drs office.
Unread 12-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Fallen into a panic mode

I would definitely contact your doc about the pain, even though they're on vacation. I'm sure they can be reached or there is someone on-call who can help.

In the meantime........do whatever it takes to pamper yourself. Whatever you like to do, do it. Watch movies? Have a hobby you can do during recovery? Read books? Send one of the boys out for a Starbuck de-caf beverage? Chocolate? Anything to pamper yourself, including extra sleep and rest, will help. Managing pain will help, too.

If your mom says stuff to scare her, let her know. She may not mean to. It's OK to say, "I can't listen to this right now". I had to say that to DH once early in my recovery.

Lots of HUGS coming your way! Take care.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register