Fallen into a panic mode - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fallen into a panic mode Fallen into a panic mode

Unread 12-22-2007, 10:31 PM
Fallen into a panic mode

Bless your heart, Tamara. Big, big hugs to you. I am 4 weeks out, and I also had anxiety and depression for a few weeks. My family dr. helped me out with that. I have the lonely feeling right now also because I am a single mom and my kids are gone to their grandparents' and then their dad's house. It is a hard time to be alone. We are your friends here.
I'm so sorry about your setback, but I just know everything will be fine.
Please call your dr, someone will be on call. I questioned myself afterward too about whether or not I should have had the surgery! Don't do that! We are going to feel so much better!
feel free to PM any of us.
Blessings.
Grace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2007, 10:44 PM
Fallen into a panic mode

TamaraJo - I'm sorry you are going through all this, but know we are here supporting you. I agree with what everyone has been saying ... physically, if you are in pain, you need to call the answering service as there is ALWAYS someone on call. Mentally, if you are feeling overwhelmed & alone, PLEASE contact Crises Intervention in your area for additional support.
As far as the term "dropped vagina" - I was told the "posterior wall" of my vagina had "prolapsed" (dropped). It can happen from normal activity, exercise, childbirth. I think mine was a combination of the above. I did not know it was prolapsed until my dr told me (though I thought I could see something was different) - this did not cause me any pain.
Please know we are here for you ........
Unread 12-23-2007, 12:32 AM
Fallen into a panic mode

Thank you everyone. I know I should call my doc. Tonight , just now I finally broke down and took one pain med then another about an hour later after I didnt feel any difference. I worked it out with my son to get me to the e.r. in the morning as soon as I wake-up.I get the willies just thinking about going back there.I apologize for being such a basket case. Its very hard doing this alone [with a mother that says things that scares me],lol.Im up, Im down, Im all over the place right now. I hurt and thats the main thing thats just not going away.You all have no idea how thankful I am to be on this site.... Its a true lifesaver.I dont even remember how I stumbled upon it. Heres whats getting to me right now.I was doing so well that I even posted a thread asking if anyone else was having a good recovery.... It was going so well. I jinxed myself 3fold. The fall was embarrassing and set me back to the beginning. I spoke to soon and I feel bad for it.Ive met alot of people on this site nd Im starting to remember alot of names now.Like Im gaining friends,THANK YOU AGAIN Im sure Ill be fine its just hard to see the light when Im in such pain [which btw,its subsiding alittle now].These 5weeks have been full with 4 out of 5 boys sick, my headcold, yeast infection, shopping and day to day running. It just seems like it will ever slow down and I have gotten CRAZY I have a therapist and at the request of my gyno, I have to see him alittle more often til I get stable from all this,THANK GOD!! This is a scarey time and I wasnt expecting it. I thought surgery would be the worst of i and it was til I fell. I will make it!!!!!! Believe that! I am stronger than I sound. I just need a good break down and alot of I will hang in there Thanks again for even giving me the time :timeup:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2007, 12:40 AM
Fallen into a panic mode

I just cant THANK YOU enough Everyone have a super good Christmas and a even better New Year Ill be back to let all know what happened at the e.r. and how im doing. for me.
Unread 12-23-2007, 10:56 AM
Fallen into a panic mode

Definitely let us know! We're here for you.

One note on the pain meds not working, I keep reading (as well as my doc telling me) over and over that you need to stay on top of the pain, or the effect of pain meds could be reduced. If you were in a lot of pain when you took your meds, then that could be why they were not effective. Another thing my doc told me was to attack the pain with everything you've got all at once. She told me to take both my ibuprofen and my percosets (these days it's tylenol) at the same time to really attack the pain. I suppose that when the pain gets in control, then you could space out the meds.
Unread 12-24-2007, 12:26 PM
Fallen into a panic mode

Guinee,your right , I know. And so far this has been my biggest mistake. I havent done as the doctor has toldme to and likewise with the meds. Thats discouraging to know that Im the only reason why my recovery has came to a screaching hault. I see him on Wednesday and I just know Im going to get lectured.
Unread 12-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Fallen into a panic mode

you really should take the pain meds as directed and on schedule...take motrin inbetween if you need it...and you might not be in so much pain. you have to stay on top of it and take care of yourself. i hope you feel better soon
Unread 12-24-2007, 06:32 PM
Fallen into a panic mode

tamaraJO- You seem to know that you need to follow the dr.s orders- both in rest and in pain meds when needed...the other thing that may be happening is that your hormones are still adjusting- you may be having some mood swings too,which doesn't help when you are in pain! Hugs to you, and make sure you go through all of this with your doctor. Be honest, and work with the dr. to find something that will work.
Unread 12-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Fallen into a panic mode

UpGal, I know now! It took me falling to slow down and the pain to get worse to realize that the docs mean what they say... I cant wait to see him on Wednesday. I feel like a fool. I have so many kids and so much to do, it just was like another day when I got home. My recovery started out pretty well and I was the one to mess it up. I guess Im a classic case for the "Told ya so" comment.Hind-sight is now 20/20.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register