What is this vaginal tissue sensitivity due to? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What is this vaginal tissue sensitivity due to? What is this vaginal tissue sensitivity due to?

Unread 12-22-2007, 11:22 PM
What is this vaginal tissue sensitivity due to?

Hello fellow sisters!

Since about two weeks after my LSH/BSO on Nov. 12, the tissues in and around my vagina have been very sensitive. I would describe it as how skin is sensitive from a light/moderate sunburn. Not exceedingly painful, but a definite light 'acid' burn that is uncomfortable. At first I thought it was due to the yeast infection, but since that is better and gone - I don't understand why the tissues still feel 'burned'. I am 6 weeks out on Monday, and just normal acts of touching, washing, urinating, etc. alert me to the fact that it is still like this.

I've been a good girl and abstained from sex until recently even though my doctor released me at 2 weeks to do anything my body felt up to. I felt better waiting the 6 weeks (well almost ). And I must add, it is a little mind boggling to know how wonderful an orgasm feels without all the pain before and after. I didn't know that is what it is supposed to feel like! Even more reasons to hate the endometriosis! I'm so glad it is finally gone!!! Anyway...

I started HRT on Dec. 12th, a topical cream of Biest .1 mg that has helped the hot flashes and night sweats, the headaches some, but not the memory fog so much. I wanted to start slow on the HRT due to having difficulty handling birth control pills, so that is why it is such a low dose.

I don't know if the 'burning' feeling is due to normal after surgery dryness, or not enough hormones, or ????? I just know I would like to get rid of this problem so that things can be more enjoyable - and not just normal life either *sly grin*. I'm realizing how much the endo has robbed me of, and I would love to make up for lost time. LOL Oh, and when I mentioned it to my doc, I didn't get much help. I'll see him again Jan. 4th, and I'll ask again, but having everyone here to turn to has been the biggest help!

So, for those of you who have encountered this, what did you determine to be the cause and the fix for it?

Merry Christmas!
Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2007, 12:32 AM

I know exactly what you mean. I am being treated for yeast now but I have had this feeling since 1 week out from my surgery in July. I hate the feeling. I take estrace .5 and use vagifem 2x a week. I am able to have relations but the next day feel a lot of burning... I will watch this thread to see what other have to say.
Also want to mention that my doctor thinks it's nerve pain and suggested Elivil (sp?) 10 mg.
Unread 12-23-2007, 12:44 AM

scrapbookbabe, I'm sorry you are having to deal with the same thing, and 6 months later at that!

If it was just after sex I could understand - no activity for 6+ weeks - things tend to be a little sensitive. But we've only been intimate once, and this problem is all the time. Sex just made me realize just how sensitive and painful the skin is. The skin outside and around the vagina is worse than that inside.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2007, 12:50 AM

Amy~
Mine is all the time too, but really worse after sex. I used clobetsol cream and it got a little better...then the yeast kicked in...now i am using a vytone cream. I am worried the skin will never feel better... it just seems to be going on and on. Just a constant burn feeling. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. BTW, my dermo told me to only wash with cetafil wash, use no fabric softeners, use perfume free toliet paper etc.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register